Ford Transit USA Forum banner
2901 - 2920 of 2952 Posts

·
Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB
164 Posts
Well it just happened, delearship called me and told me ford canceled my order. Said he could put a 2023 order in. Told him I’m only interested if they match the price of my 2022 ordered. He was very quick to say yes… Said regional representative or something should be calling me next week to explain things further and that’ll he’ll be working on getting price protection. Told him I want it in writing.

Honestly, I’m kind of over this whole thing now. I sold my f150 to the delearship in November when I ordered the van. I have a Subaru and was fine driving that for the winter and thinking I have a van come spring or summer. I motorcycles/jet skis to haul and now I’m just stuck with my fucking Subaru that can’t tow.
I need something. Probably going to just buy an f150 on carvana simply to make sure not a fucking dollar of my money ever goes to ford. Once Toyota fixes their issues with the turbos on their tundras, I’ll be a Toyota customer from here on out, after a life time of driving fords.
Ya might give Ford a call. Another member was told by their dealer that their order was canceled but when they called Ford they were told it was still sitting at Unscheduled-Clean.

Reactions: LeeLow

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well it just happened, delearship called me and told me ford canceled my order. Said he could put a 2023 order in. Told him I’m only interested if they match the price of my 2022 ordered. He was very quick to say yes… Said regional representative or something should be calling me next week to explain things further and that’ll he’ll be working on getting price protection. Told him I want it in writing.

Honestly, I’m kind of over this whole thing now. I sold my f150 to the delearship in November when I ordered the van. I have a Subaru and was fine driving that for the winter and thinking I have a van come spring or summer. I motorcycles/jet skis to haul and now I’m just stuck with my fucking Subaru that can’t tow.
I need something. Probably going to just buy an f150 on carvana simply to make sure not a fucking dollar of my money ever goes to ford. Once Toyota fixes their issues with the turbos on their tundras, I’ll be a Toyota customer from here on out, after a life time of driving fords.
Don’t mean to be a downer, but I think your dealership is telling you a bunch of crap so you don’t blow up. I hope I’m wrong and a regional rep does contact you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don’t mean to be a downer, but I think your dealership is telling you a bunch of crap so you don’t blow up. I hope I’m wrong and a regional rep does contact you.
yeah I feel this too, i hate that about sales people they lie with impunity and you just never know anything, someone looking me dead in the eye and brutally telling me "you are never going to get this van" or "you can't get exactly what you want right now because of supply issues so either adapt your requirements or find alternatives" pretty much locks me into trusting them and sticking it out. I flat out tell my customers who want certain things we have had delays of up to 9 months on that product I am happy to order it for you but I wont schedule it until I know for sure it's on its way and I feel I need you to really manage your expectations. I have yet to have anyone back out of a deal with brutal honesty. "no i'm sorry but your polka dotted drapes do not go with this scottish plaid carpet and it never will "

Reactions: gtmtransit

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
All of the Ford delays in making a decision is because Ford has been getting a lot of calls about Ford Transit orders. As I stated before, calling Ford can get results and we need to keep those calls coming so changes can be made to possibly extended the 2022 production OR get price protection from a 2022 model to a 2023 model.

Make it a DAILY THING NOW and call Ford about your order. Be sure to ask and demand the price protection so it gets written down on the customer service employees request form that goes up to other Ford contacts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ford has exhausted my interest in owning a transit. Truck and trailer it is.
I am in your same boat. I sold my truck and travel trailer before I ordered my van last September. I have since bought another truck and I am picking up a new toy hauler today. Maybe I can get a license plate that says vanlife to make me feel better.

·
Registered
174 Posts
ford has exhausted my interest in owning a transit. Truck and trailer it is.
When I found out in April that my Transit order was not going to be built (again!), I started looking into camper trailers. But the ones that we were intersted in had a one year wait list and they had also become quite expensive. We sold our little teardrop camper last year when we decided to buy a van (not expecting that actually getting one would be so difficult). I towed a camper trailer for 3 years, but I never was comfortable doing so, and set up and parking was always a pain.
Plus we had our hearts set on a camper van. We decide not to try ordering a 2023 Transit (since I had totally lost faith in an order actually being built). And after waiting for so long, we decided to give up on the whole DIY conversion thing and go the pre-built route. So we ended up looking at a bunch of Class B RVs and placed an order for one. We still have a 1-year wait, and the price was a LOT more than we had originally budgeted for our van comversion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if calling Ford and dealer this past month helped, but received VIN and initial schedule for my X2C (most electronic options but never ordered PSD) yesterday. Dealer told me last week it would be balanced out.

Won't count on it until delivery. Seems odd they're still adding builds while pushing everything out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure if calling Ford and dealer this past month helped, but received VIN and initial schedule for my X2C (most electronic options but never ordered PSD) yesterday. Dealer told me last week it would be balanced out.

Won't count on it until delivery. Seems odd they're still adding builds while pushing everything out.
What is your current build week?

·
Registered
22 AWD 350 HR 148" non-EXT, Cargo
14 Posts
Why would some 22 order have been balanced out but not all the others? Wouldn't you just cancel all 2022s at once? Ford must plan on still scheduling 2022s right?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Why would some 22 order have been balanced out but not all the others? Wouldn't you just cancel all 2022s at once? Ford must plan on still scheduling 2022s right?
I don’t think ANYONE here has posted that they were told by the dealer that their order was Balanced out and then called Ford themselves and confirmed it. At least not in 2022.

So the dealers hearing it from their reps may be legit, and there is zero chance the van will be built, but especially given the several posts from folks yesterday that got VINs, I think it is best to just be patient and not waste the time speculating on what is going on behind the scenes. If/when your order gets Balanced out then order a 2023 at that point (or raise h’l about price protection and being given priority for the order) or go buy a Sprinter or Promaster.

·
Registered
2022 Cargo Extended HR AWD EcoBoost W3U
49 Posts
Well... got an email the other day from the dealer that said mine was in production but on plant hold due to some missing component... :( Was hoping for better news, but at least it is being built... So I guess that means that the supply chain problem hasn't gotten any better.

Sorry to all those that still have no VIN and no info.. I went thru last year the same way with a MY21 that ended up Balanced out, so I know how it feels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got off the phone with Ford. My van build week date has been moved up to August 1st. Last week it was week of August 15th. Hoping it stays at August 1st.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a van already but have been following this thread with interest. The other day I read an article about the Federal Trade Commission going after a company. Has anyone thought about filing a complaint with them if they get balanced out with no price or placement protection?

2901 - 2920 of 2952 Posts