Ford Transit USA Forum banner

2881 - 2900 of 2952 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
127 Posts
How Henry Ford Would Deal With Today's Supply Chain Upheaval - The New York Times

I don't have the subscription so I don't know how. 🤷‍♂️
OK, now I know how ;) and I am not surprised at all.

I agree with this article that greed is at the center of it all.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
for shats and giggles I went back to reread all notifications here's #1 dated 10/6/21

• Scheduled for Production – all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
  • Built – your vehicle has been built, and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership, and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.

I must have read this type of notice from Ford before (here), but had never really registered the phrase I bolded. What the heck? If the parts were secured, then why are there "parts holdups" later? Maybe you even had a PSD on the order then?

People have been talking about lawsuits, and I imagine there are 2,700 loopholes Ford has built in to the process, but that phrase is so definite.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I must have read this type of notice from Ford before (here), but had never really registered the phrase I bolded. What the heck? If the parts were secured, then why are there "parts holdups" later? Maybe you even had a PSD on the order then?

People have been talking about lawsuits, and I imagine there are 2,700 loopholes Ford has built in to the process, but that phrase is so definite.
I believe that the word "secured" is doing a lot of the work in the phrase "all necessary parts are secured"

You and I might interpret that to mean that Ford has possession of said parts. But in (the now oh so quaint) just-in-time inventory management model, it merely means that Ford has an agreement with a parts supplier to back a truck up to the factory in time to build your vehicle.

My guess is that the boilerplate for those emails was written in the before times and nobody has thought to look at the automated email generator to refine the language to reflect current realities.

·
Registered
83 Posts

thats my entire point, but I have no interests in a lawsuit, i just would like the vehicle I ordered please.

·
Registered
2022 T350 XL HR
59 Posts
So okay I went through about 20 pages of this from my last post and just just so I understand there are five different statuses that seem to exist right now

A: you have a VIN and you have a build date and your van has not started being built yet

B: you are unscheduled you don't have a vin and are probably going to get balanced out

C: you have a VIN you have a build date the build date has passed and.......... ?

D: You have a delivery date, whether that date is actually accurate or not is also...... ?

E: you have a van.

Just making sure I have a grasp of what the bloody **** is going on.

·
Registered
On order 2022, 250, MR, AWD, N/A, 4.10
45 Posts
I was enjoying my summer solstice until I got word my R2C Transit production date has been moved to Aug 1st.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got off the phone with dealer, still siting unscheduled- clean status ordered
1-12-2022, and after 6 months of waiting I’ve lost all interest in the van, spent time with family and focused on work, i managed to find a used van for now but still going to wait on a new 4x4 build and sell the used one when the time comes. Waiting for this van was truly the only thing causing me stress this year. I’ll Come back to this forum when production numbers start to hit new highs and it’s not so difficult to buy a van

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did everything @nmiller85 suggested. Here is my Twitter direct-message exchange with Ford:

Me -- I am upset with Ford. I ordered a 2022 Transit, provided my drivers license, paid the deposit, and received a confirmation email from Ford. Now I am hearing that my order will be canceled ("balanced out"), that I will not be given any priority in ordering a 2023 Transit, and that it will cost $6,000 more! This was going to be my first Ford vehicle.

Ford -- [Please provide your order info.]

Me -- [Provided my order info.]

Ford -- I appreciate you confirming those details with me. Based on the order number you provided, I’m seeing that the primary status of your vehicle is still in order processing meaning the order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week. Have you spoken to your dealership’s Service Manager regarding the cancelation? If so, could you tell me what was communicated to you?

Me -- Yes, I do know that my order is still sitting in "Unscheduled-Clean" status and has not yet been officially "Balanced Out". However, for you to say that it will be scheduled for production seems disingenuous. Ford is constantly changing the production dates for customers who have VINs assigned, pushing them well into August. So there seems little hope for VINless customers like me since Ford will soon need to begin production of the 2023 model. It seems reasonable to assume that Ford will balance out Unscheduled-Clean orders at this point in time, just like they did in 2020 and 2021. When that happens, and I am forced to resubmit my order as a 2023, Ford should apply the lower 2022 pricing from my 2022 sales contract to the replacement 2023 order. I have a legal sales contract with Ford saying that I will pay a specific price for them to build a specific van. Ford needs to honor that contract.

Ford -- We are presently exploring every opportunity to increase production and accelerate the delivery of your vehicle. We will provide updated information to customers and dealers as it is available. Please stay in touch with your dealer for more information and updates on the status of your order over the next several weeks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Received Ford email yesterday June 21st my Transit has shipped.
Do you have a date of completion on the "built" status? Because mine has been "shipped" since April. Truth is it hasn't gone anywhere. Unless shipped refers to simply going to a different Ford facility....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well it just happened, delearship called me and told me ford canceled my order. Said he could put a 2023 order in. Told him I’m only interested if they match the price of my 2022 ordered. He was very quick to say yes… Said regional representative or something should be calling me next week to explain things further and that’ll he’ll be working on getting price protection. Told him I want it in writing.

Honestly, I’m kind of over this whole thing now. I sold my f150 to the delearship in November when I ordered the van. I have a Subaru and was fine driving that for the winter and thinking I have a van come spring or summer. I motorcycles/jet skis to haul and now I’m just stuck with my fucking Subaru that can’t tow.
I need something. Probably going to just buy an f150 on carvana simply to make sure not a fucking dollar of my money ever goes to ford. Once Toyota fixes their issues with the turbos on their tundras, I’ll be a Toyota customer from here on out, after a life time of driving fords.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well it just happened, delearship called me and told me ford canceled my order. Said he could put a 2023 order in. Told him I’m only interested if they match the price of my 2022 ordered. He was very quick to say yes… Told him I want it in writing.
Yeah, getting that in writing is paramount. This is the first I've heard of anyone in the system actually saying "yes" to price protection from 2022-2023.

Had you been assigned a VIN, or were you still at Unscheduled?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, getting that in writing is paramount. This is the first I've heard of anyone in the system actually saying "yes" to price protection from 2022-2023.

Had you been assigned a VIN, or were you still at Unscheduled?
Never got a vin. Just unscheduled clean. Definitely don’t believe they’ll offer price protection despite how sure he sounded about making it happen, so I’m not waiting around to find out, buying a used truck next week.

2881 - 2900 of 2952 Posts