Ford Transit USA Forum banner
2861 - 2880 of 2949 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Honestly, aside from the initial call to the general customer service number where my issue was "researched" for 30 minutes before being disconnected, I have invested an hour, 1.5 tops, spread over the last month (including another call where I was transferred to 7-8 different departments). I agree though, it shouldn't even require that much effort, but we talking about a huge corporation and I am sure very few employees are actually empowered to do anything/offer resolutions.
I'm curious, what was the mailing address you used for your letter?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the email today that my x9y has been built. It says it has an estimated date of arrival at the dealer between June 30th and July 6th. Now we're just trying to decide if it makes more sense to fly down to KC from Minneapolis and drive it back up or see if we can get a transport company. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Congratulations! Can you keep us updated re: transport vs. flying to KC? If our van gets made we'll be making that same decision.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, dang. After 16 production dates, and the last one holding for several weeks, I just got ANOTHER Ford email moving my production date from June 18 to Aug 15. Who else got their Transit moved? Any other former PSD ppl?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
125 Posts
Well, dang. After 16 production dates, and the last one holding for several weeks, I just got ANOTHER Ford email moving my production date from June 18 to Aug 15. Who else got their Transit moved? Any other former PSD ppl?
I just got one. Moved to August 15th from August 8th.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The following week is when they've said the 2023's begin production.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The following week is when they've said the 2023's begin production.
Right. That’s what I’ve read here, that it was going to be the last week! Not feeling confident about this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
July 18 -> Aug 15th here as well.. No psd though.

Right. That’s what I’ve read here, that it was going to be the last week! Not feeling confident about this.
what is the latest production week anyone has?? Feel like I'm getting pushed to the edge of a cliff...

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I was actually moved from August 8th back up to August 1st, which is odd because I don’t think my dealer ever removed the power sliding door. Last we talked to him we were asking him to try again after he told us he was unable to change the order. I sort of figured we would keep getting pushed back until we were balanced out. Not sure what a move up a week does, unless they are just playing with my heart and enjoying the show!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also just got an email moving production from July 18 to the week of August 8th. Last night when I called the Ford number they said my build day is August 12th and it would be arriving at the dealer on August 19th. Was surprised they were so specific with a date for arrival at the dealer. Time will tell. No PSD, Yes Adventure Prep Package.

·
Registered
2022 XLT Low-Roof Passenger (ordered Oct 2021, received May 2022)
289 Posts
So I was actually moved from August 8th back up to August 1st, which is odd because I don’t think my dealer ever removed the power sliding door. Last we talked to him we were asking him to try again after he told us he was unable to change the order. I sort of figured we would keep getting pushed back until we were balanced out. Not sure what a move up a week does, unless they are just playing with my heart and enjoying the show!
I got moved up the day after the scheduled the build for the week of May 23 to week of May 9. It got built on Thursday that week and shipped out the following Monday. Took about a month to make it what would be about 12 hours by car. I would take it as a good sign.

·
Registered
83 Posts

THE PRODUCTION DATE FOR YOUR VEHICLE HAS CHANGED.
Dear William Griffith,

We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2022 Transit XL.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of August 1, 2022. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

Thank you.

delay/reschedule #21​

·
Registered
83 Posts
for shats and giggles I went back to reread all notifications here's #1 dated 10/6/21

Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2022Transit XL, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time. As part of the quality assurance process at Ford Motor Company, customer orders are only built when all quality checks have been met. This process may lead to a longer wait time for your vehicle to be built, but is designed to help ensure your satisfaction. Throughout the production process, we will keep you updated on the status of your order. You will receive email notifications when your vehicle is:
  • Scheduled for Production – all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
  • Built – your vehicle has been built, and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership, and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.
just imagine had they actually assembled all necessary parts are secured and your order has been placed for production just one of these times, but no they never actually did what they claimed a single time out of 21 and counting. mistakes happen but 21 identical mistakes are not mistakes

Reactions: IsleofMan

·
Registered
45 Posts
just imagine had they actually assembled all necessary parts are secured and your order has been placed for production just one of these times, but no they never actually did what they claimed a single time out of 21 and counting. mistakes happen but 21 identical mistakes are not mistakes
Yup - terrible company. (Maybe they should look for leadership outside of the limited gene pool of people-who-share-DNA-with-Henry-Ford.) And my guess is that if there were a single viable alternative, 100% of us would have jumped ship already. I will chuckle quietly to myself the day that Ford finally succumbs to 50 years of mismanagement and is relegated to the dustbin of history.

Here's hoping that the near future brings us more options in the full-size van market.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yup - terrible company. (Maybe they should look for leadership outside of the limited gene pool of people-who-share-DNA-with-Henry-Ford.) And my guess is that if there were a single viable alternative, 100% of us would have jumped ship already. I will chuckle quietly to myself the day that Ford finally succumbs to 50 years of mismanagement and is relegated to the dustbin of history.

Here's hoping that the near future brings us more options in the full-size van market.
I mean.........thats a wee bit drastic, i dont wish an iconic American brand dissolution because I'm inconvenienced not to mention all the people they employ. But they really could do better.

·
Registered
13 Posts

To be fair, their CEO is Chris Farley's cousin... So, no relation to the Fords, just related to a guy who lives in a van down by the river.

·
Registered
45 Posts
To be fair, their CEO is Chris Farley's cousin... So, no relation to the Fords, just related to a guy who lives in a van down by the river.
William Clay Ford Jr. | Ford Media Center
https://media.ford.com › fordmedia › fna › people › wi...

As Executive Chair of Ford Motor Company, William Clay Ford Jr. is leading the company that put the world on wheels into the 21st century.

·
Registered
125 Posts
2861 - 2880 of 2949 Posts