Ford Transit USA Forum banner
2361 - 2380 of 2596 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
But the dealer told me they did try to change it themselves and couldn't because even though it was Unscheduled-Clean it was "*locked."
Interesting. So a customer could at this point in time apparently have a 2022 "Unscheduled - Clean" order that is locked, or one that is un-locked. The mysteries of Ford scheduling continue :unsure:

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
94 Posts
Interesting. So a customer could at this point in time apparently have a 2022 "Unscheduled - Clean" order that is locked, or one that is un-locked. The mysteries of Ford scheduling continue :unsure:
The only certainty I have is that I was told something happened, not necessarily what actually happened.
The dealer did send me a screenshot of the updated order preview without the PSD.
But no screenshot of the *locked status, even though I did asked for it.
I did get a screenshot of the Unscheduled-clean status.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It was probably in a Priority Code '02' or at least less than '10'
Could that have affected my chances - changing while it’s in the already locked status? Even though it was removing the infamous PSD?
Order preview from before the PSD change but after I was told it was locked is showing priority code 10, same on the order preview after the PSD removal.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Could that have affected my chances - changing while it’s in the already locked status? Even though it was removing the infamous PSD?
Even though plenty is shrouded in mystery, it seems pretty clear that this PSD removal from orders is not going to "act" the way normal changes are, and is being done in some sort of special way through regional reps (and indirectly, right from Ford). As much as nothing seems sure with Transit orders, I would say this one seems as sure as can be that the likelihood of you getting a van is much better if you remove the PSD. Maybe slim to none if you leave it on the order?

Anyone else see it differently at this point in time?

·
Registered
94 Posts
What I'm wondering and I know no one has an answer: are those 53,000 vehicles sitting in lots including my Transit still going to be sitting there when they start making 2023's in August? When do those vehicles get some sort of priority?
**** straight!

when Ford stops sucking up to the likes of Amazon, Walmart and such.
Corporations seem to only respect other corporations.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is frustrating for everyone still waiting but just an update on my R3U, in production started on 4/9 but was changed to 4/19 when it actually posted a date, built on 4/21, I was able to track it to a vehicle bnsf offload facility and it arrived last week and the tracker just finally updated to shipped and is in final prep, hopefully this means its at the dealership and not getting moved from the BNSF facility to the dealership. Of course I have not heard a single thing from the dealership which told me they had no idea on any timelines last week..... I will drive to the dealer tomorrow and see if I can take a look and get the paperwork started and see how much more this is going to cost me over my original order of my 2021

·
Registered
26 Posts
So 3:30 Friday afternoon I call Ford Marketing. Nice friendly voice answers and she asks for the Sales and Order Codes from my November 17 order and goes away briefly and returns stating the order is still in process and is Unscheduled - Clean.

This lets me know again that CVM, Ed Bowers, has done everything correctly for this X2Y. Can't say enough good comments about Ed.

I comment my last Ford contact was the "we've encountered some delays" email. She asks if I have any other Ford vehicles and I relate my April 2, 1990 Mustang Convertible order to celebrate my 'stopped smoking' accomplishment which finally arrived August 4, 1990 and a previous Transit Order. I ask if there are any indications of movement or progress and she replies: "I can tell you that your next Ford email will be a VIN" I'm Still Smiling and hoping other LR folks are too.

·
Registered
2022 U8U
524 Posts
10/08/2021: Order confirmed
03/31/2022: Build week assigned to 5/16. VIN assigned. Email notification.
04/01/2022: Build week changed to 5/9. Email notification.
04/25/2022: Online Tracker shows vehicle "In Production". No email. No window sticker (even though the text said I should check it out).
04/26/2022: Window sticker now available. Blend date 05/03/2022. No email.
05/08/2022: Online Tracker shows vehicle "Built". No email.
[update:]
05/08/2022: Got email that said "Our current estimate for delivery is be‍tween May 12, 2022 an‍d May 18, 2022."
05/13/2022: Online Tracker shows vehicle at my dealer and in "Final Preparation". No email. The "Shipped" step seems to has been skipped entirely, unless I blinked and missed it. Haven't heard from the dealer yet, probably due to the weekend--he has been good at keeping me informed of the previous major steps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, I suspect that if you were to place a similar-sized order, you would get equal respect.
Exactly. Money.

Reactions: Captadv

·
Registered
2022 XLT Pass 148" LR, ordered 10/19, blend 5/11, built 5/12, shipped 5/16, currently in transit
228 Posts
One thing I can think of that has got their attention in the past...Class Action Lawsuit. Go see what has been happening with the Shelby GT350 lawsuit. AND...what happened on the deal with the incorrect information and options for the Chrome Surround Grille and the Closed Lug Nut center caps on the 2021 Transits.

What will it take? Calls, emails, written letters to the President of Ford, Nationals Sales Director at Ford Motor Company. All of these can be utilized to get their attention. What if it gets to someone on one of the National News Networks? I am sure Ford would like that kind of publicity on National TV about one of their products. They can't build it but string along the customer and in the end make them pay more for something they were led to believe they would get in the beginning!
Glad to see you mentioning this. I mentioned once (N/A now for me though as they built my order and it's awaiting shipment) and got blasted in this forum. It's not my wanting to be greedy, but simply standing up for your rights. As was mentioned in another thread, if Ford is balancing out customer orders because they are allocating Sync4 or whatever to say F-150 later customer orders or worse yet dealer stock orders simply because it is more profitable, this is a good reason to sue. And IMHO they can't hide behind the dealer franchise model because with COVP they emailed you a confirmation and chose to interact directly with the customer.

Remember though that you can always take a company to SMALL CLAIMS COURT. Usually there's a limit like $5,000 but it's super easy and you can represent yourself. I sued a major medical insurer in small claims over a denied claim they should have covered (we even got approval in writing ahead of time) and they didn't even show up and it was surprisingly easy to collect the judgement amount. The one thing is that you have to sue in a court that has jurisdiction. Since it's Ford, and not your Ford dealer at fault, the court needs to have jurisdiction. Often that is tied to a physical location. The must obvious would be their headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan, probably Kansas City is another option where they make the Transits.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
You just have to follow the class action suit that is going on with the Shelby GT350 owners to see what can happen. It can be approached the same as happened with the Chrome Surround Grille and the Black Closed Lug Nut center caps where there was compensation for the misinformation given about specific options that were misrepresented. This approach may not work in this case having to do with a production vehicle.

·
Registered
22 RWD HR 148 EXT ordered 2/9/22
70 Posts
I know this is frustrating for everyone still waiting but just an update on my R3U, in production started on 4/9 but was changed to 4/19 when it actually posted a date, built on 4/21, I was able to track it to a vehicle bnsf offload facility and it arrived last week and the tracker just finally updated to shipped and is in final prep, hopefully this means its at the dealership and not getting moved from the BNSF facility to the dealership. Of course I have not heard a single thing from the dealership which told me they had no idea on any timelines last week..... I will drive to the dealer tomorrow and see if I can take a look and get the paperwork started and see how much more this is going to cost me over my original order of my 2021
When my order status updated to shipped and in final prep it was at the dealership. The status changed around 8 am, and I took delivery of my van around 6:00 pm the same day.

·
Registered
22 RWD HR 148 EXT ordered 2/9/22
70 Posts
10/08/2021: Order confirmed
03/31/2022: Build week assigned to 5/16. VIN assigned. Email notification.
04/01/2022: Build week changed to 5/9. Email notification.
04/25/2022: Online Tracker shows vehicle "In Production". No email. No window sticker (even though the text said I should check it out).
04/26/2022: Window sticker now available. Blend date 05/03/2022. No email.
05/08/2022: Online Tracker shows vehicle "Built". No email.
[update:]
05/08/2022: Got email that said "Our current estimate for delivery is be‍tween May 12, 2022 an‍d May 18, 2022."
05/13/2022: Online Tracker shows vehicle at my dealer and in "Final Preparation". No email. The "Shipped" step seems to has been skipped entirely, unless I blinked and missed it. Haven't heard from the dealer yet, probably due to the weekend--he has been good at keeping me informed of the previous major steps.
I got 4 emails from FMC: (1) order confirmation, (2) scheduled for production, which also said the next email would include an estimated delivery date, (3) built email with estimated delivery window, and (4) shipped email with the same estimated delivery window.

It took just shy of a month for my van to make it to my dealership. It spent about about a week or so at a ramp in San Diego waiting for a truck to take it to my dealer (HR needs a special truck). It probably would have stayed there longer, but the GM of my dealership asked the Regional Manager to mark it hot so we could get the van on its way. When it got to my dealer, they didn’t call me. I checked my order tracker and saw that the timeline bubble for “shipped” had changed as well as the bubble for final preparation. I waited until midday to call my dealer to ask about it. Took delivery of the van about 10 mins before they closed.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Order preview from before the PSD change but after I was told it was locked is showing priority code 10, same on the order preview after the PSD removal.
I don't know anything about the PSD or 'locked' status, never heard that status before. My situation is that there are only two of my vans (W2c's) in CVM's orders this year. The other one is priority code 2 while I am priority code 16 according to CVM. I do not know who's order the other one is nor do I know what exact option bumps me back so far. There are a bunch of T250 vans (R2C's) though and a recent question I had for Ed was if it could be the T350 (vs. 250) that is holding me back. In other words, If I'm way back at 16 and there are a bunch more vans in line that are the more common 250 models (yet same as mine otherwise) would it not make sense to change now to 250 instead of my current 350 order, putting me in a pool of more builds and getting me a better chance of getting built? The logic here being since Ed said he wouldn't change anything this late on an order that is below priority code 10, would it be worth the gamble it since I am way back at 16? He said no, ride it out as is and don't make a change even though my priority code seems like a death sentence to me at this point in time. He said yesterday that priority codes don't matter so much these days but that defies logic to me.

I am curious what priority code all of the R2C's are sitting at.

I hope this all makes sense. I just want a van this year and am looking for the safest gamble since it all seems to be a gamble. I'm perfectly happy with a 250 over a 350, I simply chose a 350 because I've always bought 350 Ford vans. On Transits though, I know it makes essentially no difference and I plan to mode the suspension anyway. Heck, I probably should've just ordered a 150!

·
Registered
2021 W2X High Roof Cargo T350, 148", EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey
578 Posts
Priority codes are used in two different ways. The codes above 10 are used by your dealer to signal to ford the order in which that dealer would prefer their ordered vehicles to be built. Your dealer sets this number and it only matters if that dealer has multiple orders for same/similar vehicles.

Priority codes below ten are controlled by Ford and set the priority they wish to reflect. This can occur at any time after the order is in place for different reasons. If scheduling is adjusting codes and they move to one or two, that's getting close, if they go up, there's a concern of some sort.

If the regional representative for your dealer is "helping out" they can move the priority to below ten. If Ford wants a hot model out in public, one again. Replacing a manufacture screwup, one again.

Why it doesn't matter. Your dealer might only have one or two vehicles in that same model/style. Then it doesn't matter. Your dealer has, let's say 100, and sets the code based on who ordered first. Then it's fair and it doesn't matter.

Ford pulled my 2021 W2X for scheduling two days after it was ordered, in Nov 2020 when the ordering opened. Made it priority one, locked out any changes for months, issued a vin# in January, stayed locked for building and was built it in July. Priority one for 8 months.

It's become all about body code and parts available.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Things are clearer now why there has been some delays for some people with the power sliding door issues (again, ground hogs day for the last 3 years). also see rumors of Adventure package issues, or one part of it. my ordered R2X ive been waiting15 months for so far and still not scheduled (and sitting at priority 11 still) has neither power sliding door or adventure package.

So then i started thinking about CVM saying he had 7 R2X orders and 10 W2X (same vans in 250/350) still waiting to be scheduled. so i went to the google pages some one started for R2X orders (but filled in with other models later). there are only a few R2X/W2X orders that include those 2 options, most do not. SOOOOOO, just exactly what is the hold of for the 148 Long HR AWD vans (R2X/W2X)? seems they just dont want to build this popular model to me.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Priority codes are used in two different ways. The codes above 10 are used by your dealer to signal to ford the order in which that dealer would prefer their ordered vehicles to be built. Your dealer sets this number and it only matters if that dealer has multiple orders for same/similar vehicles.

Priority codes below ten are controlled by Ford and set the priority they wish to reflect. This can occur at any time after the order is in place for different reasons. If scheduling is adjusting codes and they move to one or two, that's getting close, if they go up, there's a concern of some sort.

If the regional representative for your dealer is "helping out" they can move the priority to below ten. If Ford wants a hot model out in public, one again. Replacing a manufacture screwup, one again.

Why it doesn't matter. Your dealer might only have one or two vehicles in that same model/style. Then it doesn't matter. Your dealer has, let's say 100, and sets the code based on who ordered first. Then it's fair and it doesn't matter.

Ford pulled my 2021 W2X for scheduling two days after it was ordered, in Nov 2020 when the ordering opened. Made it priority one, locked out any changes for months, issued a vin# in January, stayed locked for building and was built it in July. Priority one for 8 months.

It's become all about body code and parts available.
Thanks, That is interesting info and both clears a few things up for me and begs more questions. I ordered early, I didn't change things around, my order does not seem unique, being at priority code 16 still bothers me, whatever the reason. Ed has said himself codes above 16 are red flags for being balanced out, Ed has also said not to mess with my order. Ed has never clearly said to me that my van would be built, in fact his other statements imply the opposite. Why would I be at a 16 when so many, even the one other van with the exact body code as mine, be at a 2 (as told to me by Ed)?

I do not want to bug Ed everyday nor have I. I do not want to be a problem child or dwell on this. I do, however, like to keep up with news here and try to stay ahead of the 8 ball.

I simply feel from the info I've been given that something doesn't add up and I wonder what and why. What's more is that I don't want to be denied an opportunity to change one small detail which might shoot me two a 2, a 1, a built van or even a better chance of ever getting a van built.

2361 - 2380 of 2596 Posts