2341 - 2360 of 2594 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
well I'll be

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ford has substantial monetary gain to make by saying they can't build a 2022, closing the 2022 model year production line and cancelling the order with no price protection for those customers ordering a 2023. Even though the 2023 will be built with the same parts that are "not available" to build the 2022. The only difference is Ford will make another $5,000+ on the 2023 MY with their price increases. That is the reason for Ford to shut down the 2022 MY and move to 2023 production. Definitely worth looking at how to complain, class action, US attorney general complaint or something.
It will be very interesting to see the PSD price for MY23. If it is an option and the price has increased significantly (2X or more) we will know that the PSD deletion was as much a cost accounting decision as a supply chain problem.
If there is a large price increase, I'm sure that many people would have preferred if Ford had offered the option of keeping the PSD on their MY22 van with a price increase rather than deleting it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,343 · (Edited)
Well A few minutes ago I got a note from GCF with news of change #15 to a build date. For the fourth time I have been set at Day of . So that sure does indicate progress. Being the now Day of is April 19, I feel pretty comfortable it will be built that week. I had a very good day back in February when those Walmart E Transits were setup and I was knocked out two days before JOY. So You All need to stop buying crap from Walmart and Amazon until May so's I can get a new Truck. I been real nice and patient low these 16 months. So Y'all Help me get the Big White Box by Keepin them Thoughts all positive and sweet and such and I'll get off this site just as soon as Eddie hands me the Keys.:devilish:👀🐔🚐
The above was posted on March 31. So As promised . 🚐 I got The Big White Box--well Low White Box May 12. So I will say farewell to this thread. I have a few things in mind for the floors, walls and headliner so I am not leaving the forum . Oh and A Purchase process report maybe next week. The Idea that this Thread has value to keep the anxiety in check is ABSOLUTLY true . I hope it helps a lot more Folks into the end of 2022MY. Some body needs to start one for 2023MY. Thanks for the support and conversation to all. :devilish::alien:

·
Registered
71 Posts
It will be very interesting to see the PSD price for MY23. If it is an option and the price has increased significantly (2X or more) we will know that the PSD deletion was as much a cost accounting decision as a supply chain problem.
If there is a large price increase, I'm sure that many people would have preferred if Ford had offered the option of keeping the PSD on their MY22 van with a price increase rather than deleting it.
I would have been willing to pay the 3500.00 the cost has gone up already to get it if I knew I really would get it and in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The other part of this sitatuation I list on the other forum thread for you to read. Ford is supposedly goin to get me the options that will be further delayed or not available for the rest of the 2022 production schedule. I will post it on that forum thread as I get answers. Most of it has to do with high end electronics which could be anything from the SYNC4 audio systems to things like the Adaptive Cruise Control. For anyone with a order not having a VIN or projected build date, it is time to make that call to the Ford 1-800 number. Having mutiple calls to that number gets attention. Maybe not the results we want in the end but it can make things happen.
I've called the number twice. First time about two months ago, second time day before yesterday. The girl was clearly more interested in me giving her a good survey at the end than helping me at all. Every question was answered with 'call your dealer'. Clearly passing the buck. They know nothing, or are told to share nothing.

I agree that mass calls might get someone's attention but it's a time suck on everyone's part.

• Sad
Reactions: Vanaroo

·
Registered
58 Posts
If everyone with an order not built or in production called Ford and told them they will be buying a ProMaster if their order gets cancelled with no price matching for a 2023 that might get their attention. I'm sure they don't want to lose market share to Dodge.

• Love
Reactions: CrewVanManInfo

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
94 Posts
Ford obviously can’t make enough Transits.
They have no incentive to offer discounts or any encouragement for the too-many customers they currently have.
Raising the price helps them curb the demand, and make a little more money since they are making less with fewer vehicles built.

This just doesn’t look good for us.

There is no leverage other than maybe the threat to the Ford’s public image - a tiny one. Mentioning class action lawsuit plans, customers banding together, setting up public online groups (Facebook etc) things like that, maybe could have some tiny effect?
Never hurts to try.
I called on Friday. Will call on Monday again. What do I have to lose?

Reactions: KSuz and Vanaroo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not Transit plants but ...

The article mentions the Escape plant shutting down for a week. That can be seen in the scheduled plant shutdowns at BlueOvalForums plant shutdowns. The Transit plant is getting a 3 week shutdown in June/July, possibly for this very same reason. Or maybe as a lead-in to start switching to 23MY builds which are scheduled to start in August

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can someone tell me if the adventure prep package is blocking orders or has there been rumor of this? Might just remove that as well TBH.

It should not since I have the adventure prep package and only changed the power seats to the factory swivel which at the time of my order in may of 21 was what I thought was the best option but now would have added the aftermarket swivel to keep heated seats and do not know if they discount the package from the power heated to the swivel since im sure the power seats are way more expensive. My van was build 4/21 and is currently off the train and waiting to be relocated to my dealership in pasco wa.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do we know of any other options that can kill the 2022MY order other than the PSD?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just called Ford at 1-800 again, and maybe I will just call them every day until the end of the production.
I did mention the "talk of the class action lawsuit being discussed among those waiting to be scheduled" and about looking at other options like Promaster, Sprinter etc.

:LOL: this seems so dumb, but hey, squeaky wheel gets the oil, right? sometimes? just a little oil? just a drop?

Reactions: T22A80

·
Registered
893 Posts
Do we know of any other options that can kill the 2022MY order other than the PSD?
I've been following along because forewarned is forearmed and I would like a Transit at some point.

My take is that there is no way to just remove things from orders at this point in time because the orders are locked by now. The PSD is a case where Ford is making a "special offer" to you/your dealer to remove the PSD even from a locked order (I get the impression that the dealer doesn't do the removing; but rather they get approval from the customer, then they let Ford/rep know and Ford/rep removes the PSD -- because the dealer can't change a locked order. Or maybe Ford unlocks it just for that item).

So even if you knew that some other thing was holding up your order, I don't think (anyone correct me if you know otherwise) that you could choose to remove that "other thing" from your order due to orders being locked by now.

Unless not everyone's order is locked by now?

Maybe Ford will realize that this process works (after a fashion) and will extend the same "offer" to include other problematic options.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Maybe I will just go to Kansas City, paint some banners and set up a tent camp.
"WHERE'S MY 2022 TRANSIT???"
"PRICE PROTECTION FOR EARLY 2023 MODEL NOW!"
Who's with me? :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been following along because forewarned is forearmed and I would like a Transit at some point.

My take is that there is no way to just remove things from orders at this point in time because the orders are locked by now. The PSD is a case where Ford is making a "special offer" to you/your dealer to remove the PSD even from a locked order (I get the impression that the dealer doesn't do the removing; but rather they get approval from the customer, then they let Ford/rep know and Ford/rep removes the PSD -- because the dealer can't change a locked order. Or maybe Ford unlocks it just for that item).

So even if you knew that some other thing was holding up your order, I don't think (anyone correct me if you know otherwise) that you could choose to remove that "other thing" from your order due to orders being locked by now.

Unless not everyone's order is locked by now?

Maybe Ford will realize that this process works (after a fashion) and will extend the same "offer" to include other problematic options.
My order was locked and the dealer did just that - got hold of the rep who supposedly removed it manually.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Actually, a Ford scheduler removes it as they are really the only ones to have access to make the change. This is only for the orders that have a VIN and projected build date in the system. An order that is showing 'Unscheduled - Clean' still has access to the dealer and they can make the change on those orders.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Actually, a Ford scheduler removes it as they are really the only ones to have access to make the change. This is only for the orders that have a VIN and projected build date in the system. An order that is showing 'Unscheduled - Clean' still has access to the dealer and they can make the change on those orders.
But the dealer told me they did try to change it themselves and couldn't because even though it was Unscheduled-Clean it was "*locked."
So only by calling someone at Ford they were able to do it. At least that's what they said they did.

·
Registered
893 Posts
But in reference to the part I bolded, any dealer changes (besides the PSD) even to an "Unscheduled - Clean" 2022 order would still likely force the order to be "balanced out," right? You let people know about that earlier so they wouldn't try to remove or change things and then be surprised by a balanced out order (and hence no 2022 van order anymore because there was no way to say "oh, nevermind then" -- once it was balanced out you were out of luck).

Obviously at this point in time, the "changes cause a balanced out status" does not apply to the PSD.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The price increases are not soley leveraging supply and demand. Analysts are concerned about Ford’s increasing materials costs they are concerned. And all rhe parked vehicles. These are unprecedented times.

Not making excuses for Ford but the reality is there is a lot out of our control. I remain optimistic and thank CVM for all his communication on this forum.
Ford certainly should staff up that department with at least one employee or contractor to focus on retail.

Reactions: Vanagon1982
2341 - 2360 of 2594 Posts