Ford Transit USA Forum banner
2321 - 2340 of 2594 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is what I'm considering doing. I wish there was clear direction from Ford that the PSD is a definite "kill" option for orders. I would definitely drop the PSD if it meant getting a van in 2022. I really don't know why some dealerships are getting this info and perhaps not others.
Just saw this one on FB so they are being built.

·
Registered
2022 XLT Pass 148" LR, ordered 10/19, blend 5/11, built 5/12, shipped 5/16, currently in transit
228 Posts
Congratulations. How did you find out it was built? Email or checking order status? Just wondering cause my blend date is today 5/13 and anxiously awaiting van being built.
I got an email yesterday evening, and it now reflects the built status on the vehicle tracker website. The email also gave me an ETA on arrival at my dealership.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Update: The dealer called me with wonderful news that my 2022MY is price protected. Then he revealed that I am very unlikely to get my 2022MY built, even with that PSD removed. That makes the pricing protection information irrelevant as it doesn't carry over to 2023MY. I do retain the original timestamp - if that's worth anything.
So basically I might as well start looking for a new dealer and start a new order while I wait until the end of the month to confirm that indeed I am not getting the car.
So the good news for your dealer is if you don't cancel it but move on, and they receive it, not only will they get to be invoiced for the original price protected price, but they'll be able to get to mark it up as they see fit.

Personally I would insist that however unlikely it is, I wanted the PSD back on and ride out the wait. I may eat my words in June or August, but until CrewVanMan starts communicating the same doom and gloom (rather than you should be in good shape and only act once it gets balanced out) I'd just keep a positive attitude and assume it will be built before the next model years Job #1.

There is absolutely nothing useful you can do until then. Getting your order in early will guarantee you of absolutely nothing. Getting your order in with a different dealer may give you more confidence (it did for me), but at the end of the year it may also guarantee you of absolutely nothing. Get a grip.

@CrewVanManInfo post FROM THREE DAYS AGO still shows Crossley Ford still has close to HALF of their vehicles still unscheduled. Mine included:

Rectangle Font Number Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
94 Posts
So the good news for your dealer is if you don't cancel it but move on, and they receive it, not only will they get to be invoiced for the original price protected price, but they'll be able to get to mark it up as they see fit.

Personally I would insist that however unlikely it is, I wanted the PSD back on and ride out the wait. I may eat my words in June or August, but until CrewVanMan starts communicating the same doom and gloom (rather than you should be in good shape and only act once it gets balanced out) I'd just keep a positive attitude and assume it will be built before the next model years Job #1.

There is absolutely nothing useful you can do until then. Getting your order in early will guarantee you of absolutely nothing. Getting your order in with a different dealer may give you more confidence (it did for me), but at the end of the year it may also guarantee you of absolutely nothing. Get a grip.
Why would I try to put the PSD back on if it seems to reduce the chances of getting the 2022 model?

It looks like at this point the dealer will benefit more from the 2022MY being balanced out and rolling over to the next model year to sell a vehicle to me at a higher price.

(the only good news today is that my Honda's horn became a dual note horn again on it's own)

·
Registered
94 Posts
OK, now it's official PSD is a NO GO.

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
@oleknz I hope this means that you will get your van now (assuming you still want it without the PSD). That would at least be an upside.
Thank you, I would like that.
Have been told not to count on it, but surely will welcome it.
I will mourn the PSD for some time but I will be OK in the end.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts

@CrewVanManInfo post FROM THREE DAYS AGO still shows Crossley Ford still has close to HALF of their vehicles still unscheduled. Mine included:

View attachment 171852

The other part of this sitatuation I list on the other forum thread for you to read. Ford is supposedly goin to get me the options that will be further delayed or not available for the rest of the 2022 production schedule. I will post it on that forum thread as I get answers. Most of it has to do with high end electronics which could be anything from the SYNC4 audio systems to things like the Adaptive Cruise Control. For anyone with a order not having a VIN or projected build date, it is time to make that call to the Ford 1-800 number. Having mutiple calls to that number gets attention. Maybe not the results we want in the end but it can make things happen.

One thing that needs to be discussed with FORD...not the dealer... is price protection you have with a 2022 model and will it be available on the 2023 model if your 2022 model does not get built. I have posed that situation to Ford and they are saying NO PRICE PROTECTION carried over from a 2022 model to the 2023 one.

·
Registered
22 W3U 350 Hi Roof ELWB
5 Posts
The other part of this sitatuation I list on the other forum thread for you to read. Ford is supposedly goin to get me the options that will be further delayed or not available for the rest of the 2022 production schedule. I will post it on that forum thread as I get answers. Most of it has to do with high end electronics which could be anything from the SYNC4 audio systems to things like the Adaptive Cruise Control. For anyone with a order not having a VIN or projected build date, it is time to make that call to the Ford 1-800 number. Having mutiple calls to that number gets attention. Maybe not the results we want in the end but it can make things happen.

One thing that needs to be discussed with FORD...not the dealer... is price protection you have with a 2022 model and will it be available on the 2023 model if your 2022 model does not get built. I have posed that situation to Ford and they are saying NO PRICE PROTECTION carried over from a 2022 model to the 2023 one.
While phoning the ford customer line sounds good does it really accomplish anything. I just got off the line with a very pleasant rep working from Florida ( presumably from home). She just spewed the same as other reps ,”welcoming me to the ford family , saying she thinks I will get my van, what a great van it will be and advising me i can phone back any time to check on the vans status”
I am starting to have little faith that this customer service line is anything more than a place to vent to people that have very little knowledge or insight. However she did say she will elevate my concerns to her supervisor , and they should email me back. We shall see.
In the meantime I sit and wait with no Ford data on the status of my build, other than unscheduled clean.
Ordered and confirmed by Ford mid November.
Are there any key words or phrases we can use to get Fords attention

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
One thing I can think of that has got their attention in the past...Class Action Lawsuit. Go see what has been happening with the Shelby GT350 lawsuit. AND...what happened on the deal with the incorrect information and options for the Chrome Surround Grille and the Closed Lug Nut center caps on the 2021 Transits.

What will it take? Calls, emails, written letters to the President of Ford, Nationals Sales Director at Ford Motor Company. All of these can be utilized to get their attention. What if it gets to someone on one of the National News Networks? I am sure Ford would like that kind of publicity on National TV about one of their products. They can't build it but string along the customer and in the end make them pay more for something they were led to believe they would get in the beginning!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ford has substantial monetary gain to make by saying they can't build a 2022, closing the 2022 model year production line and cancelling the order with no price protection for those customers ordering a 2023. Even though the 2023 will be built with the same parts that are "not available" to build the 2022. The only difference is Ford will make another $5,000+ on the 2023 MY with their price increases. That is the reason for Ford to shut down the 2022 MY and move to 2023 production. Definitely worth looking at how to complain, class action, US attorney general complaint or something.

One thing I can think of that has got their attention in the past...Class Action Lawsuit. Go see what has been happening with the Shelby GT350 lawsuit. AND...what happened on the deal with the incorrect information and options for the Chrome Surround Grille and the Closed Lug Nut center caps on the 2021 Transits.

What will it take? Calls, emails, written letters to the President of Ford, Nationals Sales Director at Ford Motor Company. All of these can be utilized to get their attention. What if it gets to someone on one of the National News Networks? I am sure Ford would like that kind of publicity on National TV about one of their products. They can't build it but string along the customer and in the end make them pay more for something they were led to believe they would get in the beginning!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I would strongly hope that Ford is willing to offer some kind of additional cash rebate to those who have had their vans delayed by 10+ months and are now being told they can't actually get the vans they want without downgrading a feature that might be near-critical for many.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone else order a U5X, Hi-roof, extended, awd with power sliding door? I ordered mine Oct 15th, got confirmation email same day, and only received the delayed parts email in March.
Anyone else order a U5X, Hi-roof, extended, awd with power sliding door? I ordered mine Oct 15th, got confirmation email same day, and only received the delayed parts email in March.
I ordered basically the same configuration ( U5X - T350 EL HR AWD DRW) with the PSD on Feb. 9.
I received the official Ford confirmation email on Feb 11. I also received the "Your build has been delayed" email from Ford on April 7, even though I have yet to receive a build date!
Ordered thru an L.A. dealer (although I'm in San Diego).

·
Registered
6 Posts
If a PSD is really a priority, it is probably worth considering an aftermarket solution. Not cheap, but neither would be the rollover to 2023.
We will have our van modified for a power wheelchair lift, so we need the PSD. The lift upfitter quoted $6000 for parts and labor to install and after-market PSD kit (total conversion cost is $18,000 not including PSD). Those after-market kits are a PITA to install even by experts and so the labor costs are significant. Thus the $350 for the factory option was a no-brainer!
I will really be pissed if I can't get that option because it will be a major inconvenience if the disabled person can't open the door by herself. And BTW, after-market openers for barn door configurations are no longer available.

2321 - 2340 of 2594 Posts