Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
ordered 9-27-21 130" LR Crew EB R1Z order confirmed 10-8-21
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to this thread for those with questions about your 2022model year order.

"Seems to be quite a few threads with ordered vehicle information. I'm thinking it might be helpful to have info in one place for order status updates as we get into this next production run of transits. Body code, order date and build date would help me. If it's a description then weight, height, length and cargo, crew or passenger?
Some have this in their signature, others don't." In honor of Sams Stock Van

I was hoping some one would start one, Since the Electric Transits have been open for awhile and about September 10 the Gas Transit ordering started, there is gonna be a similar thread to reflect the 2022 model year Gas and Electric Transit orders.

So here goes,
I have placed an order on 9-27-21 for a low roof 130" T-250 RWD Crew Van R1Z with Garry Crossley in Kansas City--------- The order replaced a not built order I placed for a similar unit with a dealer in Kannapolis North Carolina on 4-24-21 it never got out of the unscheduled clean status.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You mean like this one but for 2022?

I agree that there are way too many threads. Unfortunately the search engine on these forums is not great.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes the 2021my is over with a few to be built and delivered. So it seams kind of natural to reset for the 2022my.

Do you think this thread is unnecessary? I welcome your thoughts. It just seemed a natural progression for the 2022 orders to congregate. That previous thread was 45 pages in 5 months so there was a lot of shared info between the participants.

If this is unnecessary it will be easy to zap and it won't hurt my feelings. Just trying to put a flag up for the new folks to communicate the shared subject.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I think it's a great idea if it grows and 8 other identical threads don't pop up. Seems you are first, good on ya. I have the BOB in hand and hope to get busy here ASAP. Unfortunately this 'job' problem keeps getting in the way.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Ford has been scanning the 2022 Transit orders for the last 3 weeks with NO orders pulled for the gas models. With the last group of 2021 Transit orders being backed up for at least 7 to 21 days, Ford may hold off scheduling ANY 2022 Transits until they figure out the parts requirements for those vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
244 Posts
You mean like this one but for 2022?

I agree that there are way too many threads. Unfortunately the search engine on these forums is not great.
I wanted to say thanks for your efforts to get others with a 2021 to move to one thread. Herding cats is difficult!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to say thanks for your efforts to get others with a 2021 to move to one thread. Herding cats is difficult!
I thank you . I am sure you meant 2022my orders. I would encourage those folks dealing with their ordering issues for 2021my to continue on the thread you started.

·
Registered
…soon
33 Posts
I have an order request in with my local dealer from mid-September for a 2022 T250 HR EL cargo in Abyss Gray. Still no confirmation yet…
*assuming I read the vehicle decoder correctly mine is a R3X

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I placed an order for a 22 Transit T-250 XL Cargo Van, all wheel drive, eco boost, abyss gray, 148" wheelbase, high roof. I received an email on September 13th from Ford saying my order has been confirmed.
If you have a confirmed 2022 Transit order from Ford that should mean you have a VIN and projected build date. Otherwise, you may only have a 'Unscheduled - Clean' order in the Ford order system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you have a confirmed 2022 Transit order from Ford that should mean you have a VIN and projected build date. Otherwise, you may only have a 'Unscheduled - Clean' order in the Ford order system.
This is the only email I have received. This is what it said. It doesnt say anything about a vin.
[TD]
YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
Dear Cody Davis,
Congratulations on ordering your all‑new Transit T-250 XL CARGO VAN! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by Wilson Ford.​

[TD] [/TD]​
[/TD]
[TD]​

[TD]
A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW*
[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]​
[TD] [/TD]

[TD]
2022 Transit T-250 XL CARGO VAN All - Wheel Drive:
  • 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
  • 10-Speed Automatic Overdrive Transmission with SelectShift®
  • Abyss Gray Metallic
  • Dark Palazzo Gray Cloth, 4-way manual swivel Driver and 4-way manual swivel Passenger seats
  • 16” Black Steel Wheel with Exposed Lug Nuts
  • 148" Wheelbase
  • High Roof
*Does not show all optional and included packages/features.​
[/TD]​
[/TD]

·
Registered
'21 R2X Ordered 02/04
85 Posts
From my reading on other Ford model specific forums, this sounds like the email that Ford sends out once an order is entered into the customer order verification program and has been verified. Unfortunately, it still seems Ford is not consistent at sending these emails out, as some will get them and some wont. This has nothing to do with actually being scheduled a build week/day/getting a VIN.

·
Registered
…soon
33 Posts
Pretty sure mine is still in the Unscheduled status as I’ve received nothing yet. But I’m fixing’ to inquire

*update from my dealer…”none of my 22MY orders have been confirmed yet, but yours is on the list”
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cody
Vin's Don't show up until the vehicle is about 10 days from going on the line. You clearly have an order in the system with that document. It could be 6 weeks or 6 moths before it actually gets a vin and on the line. Or it could be never if your dealer is not authorized for that order. Job 1 2022my Gas Transit is projected to February 2022 and may Slip- Slide to a later date . Stay tuned. .

·
Registered
'21 R2X Ordered 02/04
85 Posts
Cody
Vin's Don't show up until the vehicle is about 10 days from going on the line. You clearly have an order in the system with that document. It could be 6 weeks or 6 moths before it actually gets a vin and on the line. Or it could be never if your dealer is not authorized for that order. Job 1 2022my Gas Transit is projected to February 2022 and may Slip- Slide to a later date . Stay tuned. .
VIN is available once scheduled to a build week, which likely will be much before 10 days. I think you might be thinking window sticker?
Also, when the first gas build will happen, who knows. Even if someone at Ford is saying Feb that doesn't really mean anything, just look at what happened with the '22 order bank opening date, June>>Multiple dates in Aug>>Finally Sept...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cody
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VIN is available once scheduled to a build week, which likely will be much before 10 days. I think you might be thinking window sticker?
Also, when the first gas build will happen, who knows. Even if someone at Ford is saying Feb that doesn't really mean anything, just look at what happened with the '22 order bank opening date, June>>Multiple dates in Aug>>Finally Sept...
Yes I think I said the job1 date is s slip-slide thing. I appreciate your correcting my knowledge of the vin appearing time frame. I have seen that time stated as 10 days before production begins or is slated for production. I learn something new every day and I want people to have the accurate information. I am still not clear on the dual paths to ordering. 1. traditional allocations. or 2. Customer order verification . I hope you or somebody will come along on this thread and explain it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
be more than happy for you to snatch mine:)
Wish I would’ve known about this site and your Order Book before I placed an order
Gixer
He can only see specific details of orders that are related to garry crossley ford.
Once a vin is issued the dealer can see it.
Vin's for Gas 2022my Transits have not been issued yet,
He is looking at a vin for an Electric Transit 2022my that may have been scheduled.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts