Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Waiting on a 2021 order?

162K views 1K replies 149 participants last post by  JimmyDean 
#1 ·
Seems to be quite a few threads with ordered vehicle information. I'm thinking it might be helpful to have info in one place for order status updates as we get into this next production run of transits. Body code, order date and build date would help me. If it's a description then weight, height, length and cargo, crew or passenger?
Some have this in their signature, others don't.

Ours is a W2X (350, HR, 148" ,cargo) ordered Nov 13, 2020. I have an "early July build date" but that's all my dealer wants to say.

The best current info source has been this forum! Hope they build yours soon.

#3 · (Edited)
Ordered a high roof Crew, R2V in early March. Details in signature. Dealer in Phoenix says early July build.

#4 ·
Ordered a W3U T350 HR EL Cargo AWD. Instead of getting any of the packages I individually added on a lot of options. I just got my window sticker last night and the vehicle order tracking website says it's "In Production" but the little check box hasn't moved yet. Dealer says it should arrive the week of July 11th. More dates in my signature.

#22 ·
Our order dates are nearly the same (Nov 16 20) and im betting our vans are very much the same (W3U T350 HR EL Cargo with all the individual options to be an adventure package but not a package)
Ive had a VIN since early 21 and multiple build dates that have come and gone. The most recent on my visibility report is July 2 but no window sticker visible yet.

The Tracker doesn't show me anything as its a CAN order and for some odd reason we don't get the tracker option.

#5 ·
I put an order in on 1/26/21 and have heard nothing from my dealer. Only when I reached out to them have they replied with minimal info. Has anyone else experienced a lack of communication from their dealer. I also put non refundable money down. My concern is not having a VIN # at this point...that I might not get my van. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2020 with all the same options that has been partially built out and now will likely have to struggle with dealer to get my deposit back. Not a happy "vanless" person in Portland OR.

Ordered R2X (250, HR, 148" ,cargo, Adventure Pkg) ordered Jan 26 2021.

#27 ·
Ordered an R2V (148" HR Crew AWD) on 2-22-21. VIN two months later. Our dealer says production in early July, but I won't bet the house on that.
Our R2V build is also scheduled for early July.

Reactions: FrankDrebbin
#20 ·
I ordered a W1V on 2/15 and self pressured myself into the ecoboost engine and adventure package. I expressed the desire to make changes and after a couple weeks of regret and my guy had me come in to make them because there were quite a few and he wanted to be sure we got it right. So 3/27 I ordered an R1V and apparently lost a month and a half and am subject to higher pricing. I was hoping we were just CHANGING the order since it was originally a priority 11, clean unscheduled with no VIN after those 6 weeks. To date, No VIN, clean unscheduled, and priority 10 when the new order was placed. No deposit, no request for license to this date even with me saying we needed to.
Note: I would have gladly kept the body code the same and just changed the options if there was a way to keep my original input date. I guess I was convinced it didn’t make a difference and that I should order what I ideally wanted.
Note2: no blame assigned in any of this as I consider it my own fault.

#21 ·
E2C 2021 T-150 Cargo AWD Medium Roof 130 WB with a variety of options added (happy to share details if it'd be helpful)

Ordered 2/17/2021
VIN received 3/17/2021
Delivery date bounced from May> June> back to May> July> N/A (currently N/A)
Dealer has build date of 6/23
Tracker was updated to 'In Production' and window sticker was available 6/14/2021

#23 ·
R2X ordered 12/16. Vin assigned in March sometime. Build date has slipped a few times. Last I heard it was supposed to be week of 7/5. I’ll probably shoot an email tomorrow to see what the latest is

#24 ·
Put in an order on 4/14/21. C830 -W2X 148” 350 High Roof cargo eco boost AWD.
I was told to expect delivery in December. Since I have a Promaster that I built out in 2014, I am in no rush. Just collecting parts (5 month lead on Havelock Wool) and prefabrication of electrical box, etc. Waiting for wood prices to stabilize.
My Portland, OR dealer also asked me last week to sign the sales order and send in a Drivers License photo, as Ford is trying to weed out fake orders from dealers that are trying to add to inventory.

#28 ·
Our R3X (T250, HR Ext Cargo, 3.5 PFDi, 4.10 LS, Tow Pkg, Dual Batteries, Abyss Gray, lots of optional electronics) was ordered on 3/9 and had been sitting in Unscheduled--Clean since then. We got a VIN yesterday and the dealer notified us today! Currently scheduled for the week of 9 August.

#635 ·
Since this earlier post, the scheduled build date on the tracker site slipped a week (9/14). Blend date on the window sticker was 9/17. It transitioned to "Built" this weekend, and CVM/Crossley are supposed to be picking it up today! Assuming no further hitches, that'll make 6 months from order (3/9) to pickup (this Thursday, 9/2).

#30 ·
Ordered a 350HD high roof extended crew, AWD, ecoboost w adventure prep + power seats, rear heat & air, upfitter switches, on March 1. The dealer in central fla seems excellent. The original guestimate of september hasn't seemed to change yet. But, no vin yet. We're good with some delays, as long as we end up with the van!

#32 ·
Thank you to everyone that has taken time to contribute their order status info so far. I'm seeing what I had hoped for, with like builds being grouped together in scheduling. I had expected builds to be grouped by body code, but I'm seeing some grouping by high end electronic options. Makes sense given the "chip" shortage setbacks. This exercise won't get your order built faster, but maybe it adds to our understanding of the process and makes the wait a bit easier.

#35 ·
CVM’s dealer ordered my extended in early Jan. I have had a VIN for a long time. Delivery slipped to late April then June 2 then July 7 and now N/A.
I have the ambulance pkg. plus about every electronic thing that can be ordered.

#36 ·
I have a W2X 148 Highroof awd ordered Dec 2020 from a Nevada dealership with lackluster communication. I have a vin, but no delivery date atm. Perhaps the dealer has a build date they haven't told me about.

They are also sitting on my deposit, anyone familiar with nevada laws for getting it back, or know where to look?

Its been so long that my plans have changed and I'm now unsure if I will get the van.

#37 ·
I feel your pain. Wondering what obligations Ford has to build out ALL the orders sitting at dealerships that have yet to be picked up by the factory and given Vin and build dates. When does it become conflicting with 2022 production change over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.