Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AWD U8U ordered 3/25/21.
43 Posts
@CamperFamily

The dually models sit up pretty high. Once you get some weight in it and some squat, I wonder if it will go away.
It's almost comical. I thought I was driving with a sport bike or coffee can exhaust civic in my blind spot for miles. Looking all over the place, it was that loud and that tone. After changing speeds, I thought they just disappeared, only to have it return when I hit 55 again. Then I knew I was the only car around, so it wasn't external. I'm sure it'll get worked out one way or another.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Flew out to KC on the 22nd, picked it up and drove back to Denver all in one day . Not a bad drive. Home before 9pm.

van drivers great even with cross winds.

View attachment 164606
Nice filter! It looks like you going to a Blue Man concert in Vegas. Nice to see your Santa Ed had it under the "Tree" for you. Peace Out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It has finally happened! **** has frozen over! My dealer called to let me know that my van just drove onto his lot and I can come get it tomorrow morning! I'm still waiting for something horrible to happen to delay it yet again...but as it stands, by this time tomorrow I will be trying to figure out where I'm going to park the new beast.

·
Registered
497 Posts
It has finally happened! **** has frozen over! My dealer called to let me know that my van just drove onto his lot and I can come get it tomorrow morning! I'm still waiting for something horrible to happen to delay it yet again...but as it stands, by this time tomorrow I will be trying to figure out where I'm going to park the new beast.
dealer forgot to tell you it has the "Park anywhere" feature. Deflates and folds to 8" by 12" by 12" cube. Happy New Year. Glad to see old man 2021 left you a shinny new 2022 project starter.🚌📆

·
Registered
51 Posts
Picked up the beast this morning. It's as wonderful as I dreamed it would be. Everything seems to work...as I'm learning how to use it lol. Lots of buttons I still have no idea what they do. Handles like a dream. So, in short, while I wouldn't say it was worth the wait (9 1/2 months seems excessive) it is definitely a nice van and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My R2V with a blend date of 1209 shows up as built and awaiting shipment.... this is one of the large set of vans which were all scheduled for October before everything got delayed and delayed...
now what else can go wrong before it gets to west coast?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Picked up my Crew Van at Garry Crossley Ford 28Dec2021 - Met with both Ed and Rusty - Very, very good people!

I was surprised to find that the van exceeded my expectations. It is pretty quiet stock and drives with the ease of a car. The trip home to Denver was a nice break from the daily grind and the big front windows really capture the beauty of the west. Looking forward to many adventures in the new van. Thanks Ed and Rusty!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mode of transport

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Mode of transport

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Cloud

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
You have one of the rare CrewVan models with the aftermarket leather seating in the front passenger area and the extra replacement 54" 3 passenger matching leather seat that began as a Cloth XLT seat and NOW has the matching leather seating. Replacing the original 62" 3 passenger Ebony Cloth seat with the 54" 3 passenger seat will give you the access to the entry step panel as well as a wider access to the rear of the van and a way to go from the second row to the rear of the van WITHOUT having to open the side door. Now you have the 3" to 4" recline feature for each of the 3 individual seats and a armrest on the RH side of the seat near the side door.

·
Registered
On order - L118 - R2D 250 Med Roof Crew AWD
13 Posts
You have one of the rare CrewVan models with the aftermarket leather seating in the front passenger area and the extra replacement 54" 3 passenger matching leather seat that began as a Cloth XLT seat and NOW has the matching leather seating. Replacing the original 62" 3 passenger Ebony Cloth seat with the 54" 3 passenger seat will give you the access to the entry step panel as well as a wider access to the rear of the van and a way to go from the second row to the rear of the van WITHOUT having to open the side door. Now you have the 3" to 4" recline feature for each of the 3 individual seats and a armrest on the RH side of the seat near the side door.

I'd like to swap to a 54" eventually. Looks like the ebony seats are a little harder to find

·
Registered
15 Posts
Watching the Ford Order Tracking site recently many up down and inconsistencies. Built then not built. Still better than the dealership's quick search showing a February delivery just last week.
Stopping into the dealership to pick up some end of year item sale incentives a truck pulled in. My sales person noticed it was carrying a gray Transit. Could it be? Coincidence to be standing there not expecting anything more than floor mats?
Vin matched, paperwork filled, new years eve employees not busy and able to do dealer prep.

Delivered and a happy buyer heads off into an end of year 2021 blizzard.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Snow

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky Car

·
Registered
641 Posts
View attachment 164581 Finally took delivery today. Shipping from Kansas City to Denver was about a day and a half. Trucked the whole way.

Everything seems great, except that I’ve got a wicked loud droning sound at 55mph. Already checked some other threads about it. 100% driveline since it does it only at that speed, in or out of gear, and at any engine rpm. I’ll have to follow up at my first service appointment.

Going to start cutting holes in her next week for the conversion.

Only took 273 days for it to show up. I’ll see if I can get the build done faster than that.
I have an extended van too. Look in the side mirrors and see if the metal sides at the rear most window outline are oil canning at that speed. Mine does it slightly at 40 and 70 mph. It’s a harmonic on mine. Lessened by Dynamat and I think will be entirely gone when I add insulation.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Watching the Ford Order Tracking site recently many up down and inconsistencies. Built then not built. Still better than the dealership's quick search showing a February delivery just last week.
Stopping into the dealership to pick up some end of year item sale incentives a truck pulled in. My sales person noticed it was carrying a gray Transit. Could it be? Coincidence to be standing there not expecting anything more than floor mats?
Vin matched, paperwork filled, new years eve employees not busy and able to do dealer prep.

Delivered and a happy buyer heads off into an end of year 2021 blizzard. View attachment 165011
View attachment 165010
View attachment 165009
That Crew is lookin' fine. I heard that snow is corrosive. Better get it under cover ASAP.😁

How about the coincidence. The color of 3 out of the last 4 receipts of their Tall Vans.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I'd like to swap to a 54" eventually. Looks like the ebony seats are a little harder to find
I have some Ebony Cloth seats from 6 months ago when they were coming through the upfitters. Now finally getting the Dark Palazzo Gray Cloth seats that have been scarce most of the 2021 model year.

1241 - 1260 of 1265 Posts