Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1221 - 1240 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Feeling you @dogmountain, and wow, a month earlier order than me. Seems we're in the same boat, R2V's loaded with adventure prep. Mine is projected for 1/6/22

Since I'm feeling extra feisty on this Friday morning, a quick web search led to these two emails. We'll see if they reply (I bet not).

Brad Brownell
Director, Customer Experience
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Elena Ford
Chief Customer Experience Officer
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Feeling you @dogmountain, and wow, a month earlier order than me. Seems we're in the same boat, R2V's loaded with adventure prep. Mine is projected for 1/6/22

Since I'm feeling extra feisty on this Friday morning, a quick web search led to these two emails. We'll see if they reply (I bet not).

Brad Brownell
Director, Customer Experience
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Elena Ford
Chief Customer Experience Officer
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]
Good luck. Let us know the outcome. I suspect you'll be supremely disappointed. I will also add that my van is sitting on loading dock Z2 at the factory whatever that means.

·
Registered
997 Posts
My 2021 is sitting at the dealer right now. 11 month wait since ordering.

I am just happy to finally get it. Yes, being one year old already isn’t ideal, but there aren’t many other alternatives.

Hard to believe you have to be lucky enough to spend your $50k, lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree with the bitterness. It's been a long wait without many benefits that I can see. I'm guessing they're thinking of it as, beggars can't be choosers. They're near impossible to find used, and they are absolutely impossible to find new on a lot. If you need it...like in my case...you'll wait because you have no choice. My husband keeps reminding me that if we bought one now, we'd be paying an extra 10k for it and we were locked in at the early 21 rates. Which, yeah great, but it's also a year old.

·
Registered
2021 AWD U8U ordered 3/25/21.
43 Posts
I tried emailing the customer experience peeps a few months back, aggravated that I had spent 6-7 months in limbo with no VIN, no production timeline, and no idea if the van would be built in 2021 at all. Zero response.

Saw some changes today. My final "Blend" date after all the delays was 11/22. Ford tracker had it "In Production 11/23", with an ETA of 12/9. A couple days later the ETA shifted to 12/8 (moving the right direction, right?!). Then nothing. Last week my dealer said it was showing that it was sitting on ramp 15 at the plant, not showing "delayed" so likely not waiting on a part, but also not showing built. Today 12/17 it finally updated to "Built" in the tracker. ETA still 12/8, so obviously this is top notch technology designed for a solid customer experience.

I'm glad to see progress, but at this point, it's been parked for the better part of 4 weeks, there's a holiday coming up next week, so my hopes are fading that I'll see this thing by the end of the year. If the inflation and demand increase hadn't driven up prices, I'd be haggling for a better deal, but knowing they can sell it to someone tomorrow for $10k more. I'll just be happy that I have a van (assuming it ever shows up).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok you made me look at the tracker. I try not to look at that thing because its not useful. The "Built" button is highlighted but not checked, not sure how it works. "In Production" button was highlighted forever and now it is checked. Not sure when that happened. Says Built 12/16, delivery expected 12/12...🤣 Blend date was 11/22 and went into production 11/23 FWIW for those of you still waiting.

I saw Ed B online last night late and messaged him and despite a very busy couple of days picking up and delivering new vans, he looked it up & told me it was "Released - Awaiting Shipment". I'd say for everyone your dealer rep/salesperson is your best connection to knowing the status of your van. I have moved my plane ticket for the 5th or 6th time to 12/28 and hoping it works this time!!!

This crazy van journey may cause you anger, frustration and bitterness but work to let it go. Especially if this is just your 'camper van' project. Breathe and remember that people are struggling with REAL problems out there. Be thankful for family, friends, health and stewing over this crappy process won't deliver your van any sooner, it will just cloud your holiday. Lots of people pushing to get these vans out to us - Ford, the assembly line workers, dealership peeps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok you made me look at the tracker. I try not to look at that thing because its not useful. The "Built" button is highlighted but not checked, not sure how it works. "In Production" button was highlighted forever and now it is checked. Not sure when that happened. Says Built 12/16, delivery expected 12/12...🤣 Blend date was 11/22 and went into production 11/23 FWIW for those of you still waiting.

I saw Ed B online last night late and messaged him and despite a very busy couple of days picking up and delivering new vans, he looked it up & told me it was "Released - Awaiting Shipment". I'd say for everyone your dealer rep/salesperson is your best connection to knowing the status of your van. I have moved my plane ticket for the 5th or 6th time to 12/28 and hoping it works this time!!!

This crazy van journey may cause you anger, frustration and bitterness but work to let it go. Especially if this is just your 'camper van' project. Breathe and remember that people are struggling with REAL problems out there. Be thankful for family, friends, health and stewing over this crappy process won't deliver your van any sooner, it will just cloud your holiday. Lots of people pushing to get these vans out to us - Ford, the assembly line workers, dealership peeps.
Well said. I'm still mad about it though, hahahaha.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Update 12/19 - Ed called and messaged me yesterday to say they have my van at Crossley!! It exists, YAY! Going on the 28th - was lucky to snag an affordable flight last minute using air miles. Its actually my auntie's van and I have an order in for me for a MY22 with Ed, but hey, will be having lots of fun doing a simple build on this one. 👍🏾

·
Registered
997 Posts
Update 12/19 - Ed called and messaged me yesterday to say they have my van at Crossley!! It exists, YAY! Going on the 28th - was lucky to snag an affordable flight last minute using air miles. Its actually my auntie's van and I have an order in for me for a MY22 with Ed, but hey, will be having lots of fun doing a simple build on this one. 👍🏾
Congrats.

I’ll miss you by one day, I’m picking up the 29th.

·
Registered
28 Posts
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!! As of today the Ford tracking site shows our van as "Delivered," and the dealership confirmed it's on the lot (in Fairfax, VA)! Final build date was 11/23; order filed on 4/12. Now all we need is for the Omicron Variant to get under control and we can hit the road.... maybe.... in a few months.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's nice to see all these people finally getting the vans they've been waiting for for so long. I have to admit, though, I'm a wee bit jealous. My van is sitting in a parking lot in MO waiting to be loaded onto a truck. I could have flown to MO and driven it back by now. ****...I could have walked it home by now.

·
Registered
2021 AWD U8U ordered 3/25/21.
43 Posts
Automotive parking light Cloud Sky Car Wheel
Finally took delivery today. Shipping from Kansas City to Denver was about a day and a half. Trucked the whole way.

Everything seems great, except that I’ve got a wicked loud droning sound at 55mph. Already checked some other threads about it. 100% driveline since it does it only at that speed, in or out of gear, and at any engine rpm. I’ll have to follow up at my first service appointment.

Going to start cutting holes in her next week for the conversion.

Only took 273 days for it to show up. I’ll see if I can get the build done faster than that.

1221 - 1240 of 1265 Posts