Ford Transit USA Forum banner
901 - 920 of 964 Posts

·
Registered
X9C - 148, MR, AWD Passenger (Ordered April 5, build date of 10/11)
57 Posts
10/11 >>> 10/22 >>> 11/3 for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Same sad, frustrating story here. 10/11 >> 10/21 >> 11/5

I thought Ford wasn't scheduling builds until they actually had parts ready for assembly but I guess they got cocky and got ahead of themselves and now we're the ones who suffer for it.

It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't spent the past month continually rearranging my travel schedule based on when my van was supposed to be finishing production. I've missed out on multiple opportunities that I couldn't commit to because they were happening when I would need to be picking up the van.

I'm too far in to pull the plug now, but if you someone had told me when I ordered in March that it would be December (hopefully?) before I took delivery I'd have spent the last 9 months looking for a good-enough used van to buy so I could get on with my life.

Consequently, if anyone reading this is planning on ordering a 22 and can't imagine it taking 9 months or more to take delivery then you need to readjust your expectations.

·
Registered
2021 AWD U8U ordered 3/25/21.
28 Posts
I emailed my dealer, hoping to get a build week update and haven’t heard back. Was getting nervous that the tracker website had nothing showing for build date or window sticker. It’s somewhat comforting to know that things have been pushed back a few weeks. At this point I just don’t want to start over with a 2022 order after waiting since March. Hopefully they don’t cancel anymore orders.

·
Registered
2021 R2X 250 HR LWB AWD Abyss Gray
7 Posts
How are you all finding out about build dates getting pushed back. Contacting the dealer or getting email updates? I haven't received anything since getting the email letting me know my estimated build date was the week of October 11th and am wondering if I would have received another email if my build date got pushed back. I checked with the dealer yesterday morning, but haven't been able to get a response. Current status on the tracker hasn't moved past the "Order Confirmed 2/5/21" stage, so I'm not too optimistic that it will get built this week.

I did get a frustrating tease yesterday though. When I clicked the tracker link it said "In Production" and then I realized I was on the page for someone else's F150. Somehow the order number and vin got prepopulated with the details for someone else's order.

·
Registered
2021 X9C, 148MR, Eco 15 passanger
29 Posts
That's exciting! Congrats! Mine was also built in 9/29. My estimate for delivery is 10/21 to 10/27, up here in New England. I have been checking the tracker so much I have memorized the VIN. My wife makes fun of me for it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
How are you all finding out about build dates getting pushed back. Contacting the dealer or getting email updates? I haven't received anything since getting the email letting me know my estimated build date was the week of October 11th and am wondering if I would have received another email if my build date got pushed back. I checked with the dealer yesterday morning, but haven't been able to get a response. Current status on the tracker hasn't moved past the "Order Confirmed 2/5/21" stage, so I'm not too optimistic that it will get built this week.

I did get a frustrating tease yesterday though. When I clicked the tracker link it said "In Production" and then I realized I was on the page for someone else's F150. Somehow the order number and vin got prepopulated with the details for someone else's order.
I ordered from Ed, CrewVanMan and they are very proactive with the updates, good and bad news. Ed posts here and there is usually an email in my inbox the next morning about change of schedule. The info has to come from your dealer. They have access to the visibility reports that Ed is accessing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered August 3, build date Nov 8 on a 2021 MR, long, AWD, Eco, Crew. I went into the dealership to get some questions answered and hassle them if they had no answers but was surprised by a Vin and build date. Wearing war paint I left happy!
I called the dealer today for an update and found that my MR, 148 Long, AWD, Eco, Crew is rescheduled from 11/08/21 to 11/15/21. Not a bad delay for the first one. Over/under delay is probably 4 in Vegas.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Checked the tracker and was surprised with a DELIVERED status this morning! Had an est delivery of 11/5 Ford breaking tradition and being ahead of schedule🤯 Built on 9/29. Ordered 5/10. HR EXT T350 Awd with adv pkg delivered to Florida
wow! thats the shortest time period from ordering I have seen so far on this forum for an HR with Adv Pkg. It is even faster than CrewVanMan.... I guess luck also matters?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If any of you lucky 2021ers have had a change of circumstance and can't take receipt of your rig, couldn't wait and bought something else, or have had a change of heart, I am happy to jump in and take your spot. I am one of the unlucky ones with a March order for a 250 Med Roof Long (R2C) AWD Eco with Adventure Package that Ford accepted but recently cancelled/did not pick-up. I'd even be willing to compensate you for your time investment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If any of you lucky 2021ers have had a change of circumstance and can't take receipt of your rig, couldn't wait and bought something else, or have had a change of heart, I am happy to jump in and take your spot. I am one of the unlucky ones with a March order for a 250 Med Roof Long (R2C) AWD Eco with Adventure Package that Ford accepted but recently cancelled/did not pick-up. I'd even be willing to compensate you for your time investment.
Did you ever get a vin?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can’t remember how this page looked last time I checked.. I want to say the solid white circle beside in production was not there in the past. Does anyone know or remember if that is always there once you got your vin, or is mine actually heading towards production. I was originally told build week of November 1

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm pretty sure the heading above described that the vehicle "was now in production" you would be able to see your window sticker now if it was starting production

·
Registered
2021 R2X 250 HR LWB AWD Abyss Gray
7 Posts
Just heard back from the dealer. My order placed on Feb 5th, was scheduled to be built this week but is now also pushed back to the week of 11/8.

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #920 ·
I can’t remember how this page looked last time I checked.. I want to say the solid white circle beside in production was not there in the past. Does anyone know or remember if that is always there once you got your vin, or is mine actually heading towards production. I was originally told build week of November 1
It looks like that the page didn't load correctly.

901 - 920 of 964 Posts