Ford Transit USA Forum banner
721 - 740 of 799 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
The hidden allocation system b.s. is absolutely the worst learning curve for customers like us wanting to order a custom transit (At least for those of us that go to anything but the best dealership and get lucky with a truly honest sales person). Coming into the process unaware, so many people go to a dealer and are told "sure, we can place that order today" even though the dealer knows placing the order doesn't really mean what the customer thinks it means. Then the customer is told "your order was accepted" when they call the dealer to check up. It's all total misleading garbage by dishonest dealers that don't have an allocation and don't know when they might get one. It's sad seeing so many people this year getting hung out to dry while thinking they had done everything right and can't understand why Ford won't give them a VIN.

It shouldn't be this way, but every customer should learn the lingo and go in ready to ask "do you have an allocation that you can use for my van today if I place an order?". Gotta protect yourself, most dealers won't.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The hidden allocation system b.s. is absolutely the worst learning curve for customers like us wanting to order a custom transit (At least for those of us that go to anything but the best dealership and get lucky with a truly honest sales person). Coming into the process unaware, so many people go to a dealer and are told "sure, we can place that order today" even though the dealer knows placing the order doesn't really mean what the customer thinks it means. Then the customer is told "your order was accepted" when they call the dealer to check up. It's all total misleading garbage by dishonest dealers that don't have an allocation and don't know when they might get one. It's sad seeing so many people this year getting hung out to dry while thinking they had done everything right and can't understand why Ford won't give them a VIN.

It shouldn't be this way, but every customer should learn the lingo and go in ready to ask "do you have an allocation that you can use for my van today if I place an order?". Gotta protect yourself, most dealers won't.
You are so right on what you write!

I really like the Transit, but this summer has really changed my opinion of Ford as a company. The dealership's allocation should be available before placing an order, or at the very least, Ford should send the customer something in writing to let us know if an order was actually accepted or not. From what I have seen, Ford is not doing anything at all to protect the customer All I have is my dealer's word that my Transit order was accepted.

I'm getting really close to just giving up on Ford totally and ordering a 2022 Ram Promaster this fall. I honestly don't like the Promaster as much, but I have a local dealer who I know I can trust. I cannot say the same thing about any Ford dealers that I've dealt with so far.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered just before you and am in the same boat. I’ve also about given up and have a bad taste in my mouth so I am unlikely to order a ‘22. I also have a bunch of crap I purchased off Craigslist for the van. Seats, flooring, lighting, and 1up van racks.

·
Premium Member
2021 R2V Ordered 04/18/2021
39 Posts
All of you guys are seeing how dealers are playing games with you and hanging onto your deposit. Dealers know if they have allocation or not and just play the dumb game like 'Ford is not telling us anything' and they are not telling them anything because they don't need to ask what they already know.

I already made the offer to you guys who went through all of these months waiting for a 2021 Transit and DID NOT GET ONE. Send me your 2021 Transit order and we can update it to a 2022 order. Not the 'roll over deal' which the dealer can't do. It is a NEW ORDER placed in the 2022 Transit order bank that has all of the new added options that are not in the 2021 order bank. The pricing goes along with each year model and that is why they have separate files.

I have already took my 2021 Transit stock orders that were not picked up and changed them over to 2022 orders with making changes on the options that changed from 2021 to 2022. I added the HID Headlamps to the cargo vans and changed over all of the SYNC3 audio options to the SYNC4 audio choices. You now have 2 different Adaptive Cruise Control options and when you go with the Advanced Adaptive Cruise Control, it moves the SYNC4 audio package to the most advanced one that is a combo option. So now I have 37 stock orders as part of the 50 that we have allocated already in the order system waiting for scheduling. Ford was still scanning BOTH the 2021 & 2022 orders today.

The other 13 orders will get used for more stock orders or may end up as the overage from the 50 Transit orders that are going to be used for the CrewVanMan 2022 B-O-B Transit Service booklet subscribers. If the subscriber list goes beyond the 50+ orders, then we will use those 13 and if more than that, we will change some of the existing stock orders to customer orders. Ford has told us if we can fill ALL of those orders with customer orders, they will give us more allocations. We don't know if those would be added in the 4th quarter or added as part of our 1st quarter allocation.
I have an order from a local dealer but want to make changes and ask for some advice. I ordered the B-O-B and will send you my current order details.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered just before you and am in the same boat. I’ve also about given up and have a bad taste in my mouth so I am unlikely to order a ‘22. I also have a bunch of crap I purchased off Craigslist for the van. Seats, flooring, lighting, and 1up van racks.
I also ordered a buncn of stuff this spring, as last summer it seemed that anything that you needed for a conversion doubled in price, or was totally sold out. I bougnt insulation, an ARB fridge with slider, a propain 2-burner stove, all the sound deading, and a bunch of tools. I thought I was being smart ordering early. Now I'm stuck with a room full of van stuff and no van. Plus I ordered all the windows, flairspace flairs, a Webasto heater, and a Maxxair Deluxe fan though the company that is installing these items. I'm more than a little annoyed that I actaily believed what my Ford dealer told me. I don't know if I can stomach order a 2022 Transit after what I've been through this summer in being kept totally in the dark as to what the status of my order was. If my tranist order gets cancelled after all this, it will be very hard for me to ever trust a Ford dealer again.

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #726 ·
Back in November of 2020, I asked two dealers for quotes on my build. I selected one, ordered with a deposit and received my transit 9 months later.

Yesterday the dealer I did not choose to order from called me. "Good news, your transit is built and will be here in a couple of weeks." Well that's a surprise.

If anyone waiting on a 2021 is interested in this one, they could contact Colonial Ford in Plymouth MA.
This 2021 already has a deposit from someone on the FB page my wife posted it on. Guy from Wisconsin is flying out to get it. I had hoped a waiting member here might grab it.

·
Registered
Waiting on U8U 350 HD Ext. DRW HR
32 Posts
I drive cars, trucks, vans for a living to 5 states. I am buying a transit van because when you add everything up it's the stand alone winner.

I went with Ed because after reading the Forum I saw he knew what was going on with the Transit and he knew all about the Transit. I went to three Ford dealers here in NC. After sitting down with them I found out I knew more about Transits then they did. These were not small dealers either. The biggest one (at the capital) never called me back.

And as other people have stated above Ed is right there at the plant. Can you have more connection to the Transit?

I don't like the chip problem, but I think as soon as possible CVM will get my van. I plan on driving out with a friend to pick it up soon as Ed says it came in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I drive cars, trucks, vans for a living to 5 states. I am buying a transit van because when you add everything up it's the stand alone winner.
There's a reason that I see lots with quite a few GM, Benz and Ram vans but the used transits sell for just a shade under the cost of a new one (or did when we were trying to replace a worn out Suburban). It's not only that Ford dealers are generally untrained, because I see that issue in every industry right now.

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #729 ·
There's nothing wrong with the concept of allocation until it's implemented in a corrupt manner. FoMoCo knows its been corrupted (that's why they required driver license info for 2021 custom orders) but will not fix it.

The only way to build allocation is to sell units. The only way to sell units is to get allocation. Allowing dealers to take orders when they do not have allocation is the corrupting action. Ford is letting individual customers be abused so dealers can put in orders HOPING to get or build allocation. Fully and easily fixable if Ford cared to solve this issue. Left unaddessed, it becomes a stain on the brand.

Order a Bronco and you're a loyal customer (I've owned three but that doesn't count), order a Transit and you're completely ignored. Great business model.

Wait until they adopt the telecommunications trouble shooting model before you get a service appointment. I can hear the ford tech now, "crawl under the van and see if this part is loose". 😆

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

Ask for the last 10 VINs that have been sold and if they give you a FULL 17 digit VIN then check the 5th & 7th digits for the body code. Then go to the Transit body decoder and see if they are getting the type of body style you would be ordering. If it is mostly LR & MR models and NO HR models, that is a indication they can't get those larger vans and with the AWD needing a high allocation, they may not be able to get one.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
When is the last day that Ford will be scanning orders for scheduling? If the dealership I ordered from on 3/22/21 can't get me a 2021 I won't trust them to get me a 2022 and will probably order from Ed. They keep telling me it will get built.and my order is coming up. They said this info was from the regional manager. Still no VIN yet.
I asked about allocations when I ordered and was assured they had plenty. The dealership is one of the larger ones in my area.
No faith of getting my W2Y at this point.
When you get a VIN, that means it will get built. Any other suggestions that your order will be processed but NO VIN comes available means it won't happen!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
The only thing that changed was that the touchscreen got a lot bigger, and I will have to pay about $500 extra for that.
Are you thinking about adding any of the 2022 options that wasn't available on the 2021 model? Since the dealer is 'rolling' the order, they may not try and let you add any options but they actually have to build a 'new' order to get the SYNC4 option to your original order.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

I went with Ed because after reading the Forum I saw he knew what was going on with the Transit and he knew all about the Transit. I went to three Ford dealers here in NC. After sitting down with them I found out I knew more about Transits then they did. These were not small dealers either. The biggest one (at the capital) never called me back.

And as other people have stated above Ed is right there at the plant. Can you have more connection to the Transit?

I don't like the chip problem, but I think as soon as possible CVM will get my van. I plan on driving out with a friend to pick it up soon as Ed says it came in.
You have a VIN so you know you will get your 2021 Transit!

·
Registered
Ford Transit 350 extended
2 Posts
I was in the same boat as many here -- ordered a W3U in April at a local dealership. Heard nothing for weeks and months. Meanwhile, I bought water tanks, a Truma heater, roof fan/AC adapters, etc. By early this month, I was doubting I'd get a 2021 Transit, so I found a 2021 Promaster with nice options and bought it. When I called my Ford dealer to cancel, he told me the Transit had been scheduled for an October build. I cancelled anyway. I'd prefer a Transit over a Promaster, but the Ram build is coming along quickly and nicely. I'll keep the Truma heater and Transit-specific water tanks for a Ford build -- maybe I'll order a 2022 through CVM, as this Promaster will be done by early next year. Overall, I think the Ford is a better van, but the Ford experience was pathetic.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Once you get that Promaster completed, you may be surprised how much demand there is on it and may actually make money on selling it. Like I have told buyers here on the forum, send me your 2021 Preview order and I will build you a 2022 model and we can update it with any of the NEW 2022 options and I can get it for you. I would like to fill out the 100 allocations by the end of October and go to Ford and ask for more allocations.

·
Registered
On order 4/29/21 - W3U T350 Avalanche Gray from Gary Crossley, MO
72 Posts
@Arwen I'm sorry to read of your struggles in this process. Maybe start a new post asking about reliable dealers in NH area for a HR order. And like Ed advises, ask dealers near you how many HR vans they delivered the last year, despite chip shortages CVM has gotten a bunch. There are commercial dealers all over who get these HR vans for the trades, you just have to find them and do some searching. Looks like you're 1,000 miles from Crossley Ford. Could you make a weekend trip out of getting it? I'm in CA and doing the same, hoping my mid-Oct build is done by mid-Nov. I would think hanging onto AWD would be so useful for you in that part of the country, have you thought of going with a MR van? Anyhow, good luck to you. I've been tenting it this summer and ya, not enjoying that like I did in my 20's.....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
74 Posts
You have a VIN so you know you will get your 2021 Transit!
I have vin with week of NOV 1 scheduled. (I know you have some scheduled for same week.) I feel nervous about this actually getting done. I thought I saw you post on here that Nov 1 week will be last week. Just worrying myself over here thinking if they get delayed even one week mine gets cancelled? Is that basically how it works? Hopefully I don’t have to use you for 2022…

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Ford has extended out the last production date to WEEK of November 8th and we had 3 Transits to be built on that week. Those have now gone to a DAY listing and our last one is November 10th. If you do not have a VIN at this point, you probably will not get a 2021 Transit.

If you have a 17 digit VIN, you will get a 2021 Transit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ford has extended out the last production date to WEEK of November 8th and we had 3 Transits to be built on that week. Those have now gone to a DAY listing and our last one is November 10th. If you do not have a VIN at this point, you probably will not get a 2021 Transit.

If you have a 17 digit VIN, you will get a 2021 Transit.
Perfect

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's alive...it's alive! I'm in shock and it's a little anticlimactic.

At the dealer, pickup is scheduled for Friday.....weeeeeeee!

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

721 - 740 of 799 Posts