Ford Transit USA Forum banner
701 - 720 of 799 Posts

·
Registered
X9C - 148, MR, AWD Passenger (Ordered April 5, build date of 10/11)
51 Posts
Has anyone had their production dates for September pushed back? Facebook UAW posted that Transit support employees are on Layoff this week.

·
Registered
'21 R2X Ordered 02/04
64 Posts
Has anyone had their production dates for September pushed back? Facebook UAW posted that Transit support employees are on Layoff this week.
I had been scheduled to day of 9/23, my window sticker was available on Friday with a blend date of 9/27, so got moved 1 production day (production running Mon-Thurs). My dealer said the Ford rep was in when news of the shutdown for this week was made and they were told it was a planned shutdown that was built in to the scheduling 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Mcgong177

·
Registered
532 Posts
A letter is different than getting a email. It is the same way they contact you when you have a recall.
The letter was in an email. It was a copy of a letter on Ford letterhead. It came from a Ford.com domain.

Just to clarify for forum members, here's the truth:

I ordered a 2021 cutaway in December. I would check in with my dealer every couple of months, and they always told me the same thing, "Sorry, but Ford hasn't told us anything." I didn't push because, like anyone who reads the news, I know that the supply chain is totally screwed up right now. No sense getting mad and blaming people for things they cannot control.

A few days ago a Ford rep had my dealer roll the order over to a 2022.

I got an official letter, sent as an email, from Ford. In this email they confirmed my order and told me that I was one of the very early 2022 orders.

When I asked my dealer (who has been very straightforward and honest) if there would be any added costs, this is what he said:

"Touchscreen changes from 8" with SYNC3 to 12" screen with SYNC4. That change is $520, we'll cover any other difference in year over year price increases."

Seems fair to me. Would I have liked to have gotten my vehicle much sooner? You bet! But I have no reason to believe, as @CrewVanManInfo keeps implying, that my dealer is screwing with me, that he "doesn't have allocation" or that he "just wants to keep my deposit."

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
If they have built you a 2022 order, have them send you a preview order.

If they ever had allocation, you would have got a 2021 Transit.

You can send me your 2021 order and I can build a 2022 order if they can't give you one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm still wailting on our 2021 Transit that we ordered on March 30th. I talked with my dealer today and was told that the sales manager called the Ford distributor (after I kept asking for someone to look into our order) and was told that our order was accepted, but that there was no VIN number of build date yet because our order has not yet been processed. And I was then told that it would definitely be processed. This is my first experience ordering a custom build, and our Transit does have quite a few options, but does this make sense to anyone? I would have thought that our order would have been processed months ago; certainly by the end of August if there was any hope of it actually being built. I'm feeling like someone is not being honest with me.I don't know what to do. How long should I wait for our VIN and build date?

·
Registered
'21 R2X Ordered 02/04
64 Posts
I'm still wailting on our 2021 Transit that we ordered on March 30th. I talked with my dealer today and was told that the sales manager called the Ford distributor (after I kept asking for someone to look into our order) and was told that our order was accepted, but that there was no VIN number of build date yet because our order has not yet been processed. And I was then told that it would definitely be processed. This is my first experience ordering a custom build, and our Transit does have quite a few options, but does this make sense to anyone? I would have thought that our order would have been processed months ago; certainly by the end of August if there was any hope of it actually being built. I'm feeling like someone is not being honest with me.I don't know what to do. How long should I wait for our VIN and build date?
Per the dealer that posts on blueovalforum, at least for the New York region, '21 has balanced out with no scheduling this week and scheduling for '22s starting next week.

Reactions: Ranger Robin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same situation that I am in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer at least told me a couple weeks ago mine wasn't going to be built. Now into the 2022 order process and hoping. Ordered in April.

I've learned a great deal on this board, had to be their limited allocation. Brutal sales process, looking forward to a better one this time around.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for replying to my post guys. I'm sorry that you're all basically in the same situaltion I'm in. This has not been a good experience so far! Like, Burton posted, I've also learned so much trom others on this forum. My biggest problem (assuming that I do have to order a 2022) is how do I know if a dealer has the allocation to actally get a Transit that I order? ISs there any way to know before ordering? I might decide to order through CrewVanMan. but I'm a LONG ways from Texas. Can anyone recommend a Ford dealer in the Northeast who is reliable and has enough Transit allocations to actually deliver my order?

·
Registered
ordered 4/26/21 130" LR Crew EB R1Z
94 Posts
The whole situation concerning Transits Is also quite disturbing to me. I have discovered that a low roof van should be easy for any dealer to get. BUT, If you want MR/HR you better know if the dealer can order. Most can't. There are what are called commercial dealers. Around here the is one near Hickory NC. They can get you what you want [email protected] full msrp. and don't call them they'll call you service.
SO if I lived up there in the NE i'd be looking for one of those Commercial dealers. Cost no object of course.
For me now I think CREWMAN is worth the trip to KC.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know many are frustrated (with me or Ford) that I'd been scheduled for a van and have it shipping so quickly but that's the conclusions I'd come to and why I ordered what I did. And the wife is obsessed with this fitting in a garage

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am not . You're good in my book. You ordered a van you got it(I think). I am happy you got what you wanted/needed.
I ordered a low roof I didn't get it. In hind site I did not know the situation with the SYSTEM. I did learn about how to figure out whats going on, as much as anyone outside the company can. Then there is FARLEY literally swooning over those Bronco orders and all the specials compensations they received from him. After Hackett I thought Farley would be the guy. NOT sure anymore. THE UP SIDE was I get reevaluate what i want on the last truck I'll likely buy and start all over with a clean order sheet and a few thousand more in the budget. I take it from your handle you enjoy two wheels. I am a lifelong Motorcyclist. PEACE OUT.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
All of you guys are seeing how dealers are playing games with you and hanging onto your deposit. Dealers know if they have allocation or not and just play the dumb game like 'Ford is not telling us anything' and they are not telling them anything because they don't need to ask what they already know.

I already made the offer to you guys who went through all of these months waiting for a 2021 Transit and DID NOT GET ONE. Send me your 2021 Transit order and we can update it to a 2022 order. Not the 'roll over deal' which the dealer can't do. It is a NEW ORDER placed in the 2022 Transit order bank that has all of the new added options that are not in the 2021 order bank. The pricing goes along with each year model and that is why they have separate files.

I have already took my 2021 Transit stock orders that were not picked up and changed them over to 2022 orders with making changes on the options that changed from 2021 to 2022. I added the HID Headlamps to the cargo vans and changed over all of the SYNC3 audio options to the SYNC4 audio choices. You now have 2 different Adaptive Cruise Control options and when you go with the Advanced Adaptive Cruise Control, it moves the SYNC4 audio package to the most advanced one that is a combo option. So now I have 37 stock orders as part of the 50 that we have allocated already in the order system waiting for scheduling. Ford was still scanning BOTH the 2021 & 2022 orders today.

The other 13 orders will get used for more stock orders or may end up as the overage from the 50 Transit orders that are going to be used for the CrewVanMan 2022 B-O-B Transit Service booklet subscribers. If the subscriber list goes beyond the 50+ orders, then we will use those 13 and if more than that, we will change some of the existing stock orders to customer orders. Ford has told us if we can fill ALL of those orders with customer orders, they will give us more allocations. We don't know if those would be added in the 4th quarter or added as part of our 1st quarter allocation.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am not . You're good in my book. You ordered a van you got it(I think). I am happy you got what you wanted/needed.
I ordered a low roof I didn't get it. In hind site I did not know the situation with the SYSTEM. I did learn about how to figure out whats going on, as much as anyone outside the company can. Then there is FARLEY literally swooning over those Bronco orders and all the specials compensations they received from him. After Hackett I thought Farley would be the guy. NOT sure anymore. THE UP SIDE was I get reevaluate what i want on the last truck I'll likely buy and start all over with a clean order sheet and a few thousand more in the budget. I take it from your handle you enjoy two wheels. I am a lifelong Motorcyclist. PEACE OUT.
I don't have it in hand yet, it's due next month, but that's only 4 months for me.
I used to carve the canyons here in northern Colorado, but the amount of people that have moved here that seem intent on killing me, I'm senlmi retired from any motorbikes. Hopefully the Ecoboost will bring that feeling back

·
Registered
94 Posts
BAB55 I'm 70 about 10 years ago a friend gave me a 200cc step thru cvt scooter. IT WAS A REVALATION. It seems that there is a "BELL CURVE" at work here just when you think you're done with bikes it starts over in reverse. I still have one 1200 BMW seldom ride. Now I have 2 step through 200 and a 400, a 650 single street dual sport and a 700 parallel twin cruiser. SIZE does matter. Smaller bikes have reinvigorated my two wheel life. Try it! A nice Honda ctx700 or a Suzuki DR650SE might be what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
2021 X9C, 148MR, Eco 15 passanger
26 Posts
I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I have been following a few threads about build delays. I forgot what the blend date actually is/means. Can anyone refresh my memory please.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Haha, maybe. Several neighborhood 50s dudes have started a scooter phase around me and they're too into it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Thanks for replying to my post guys. I'm sorry that you're all basically in the same situaltion I'm in. This has not been a good experience so far! Like, Burton posted, I've also learned so much trom others on this forum. My biggest problem (assuming that I do have to order a 2022) is how do I know if a dealer has the allocation to actally get a Transit that I order? ISs there any way to know before ordering? I might decide to order through CrewVanMan. but I'm a LONG ways from Texas. Can anyone recommend a Ford dealer in the Northeast who is reliable and has enough Transit allocations to actually deliver my order?
Ed lives in Texas, but he is working for a dealer in Kansas City, MO. The dealership is like 2.5 miles from the assembly plant that builds the Transits. When his customer orders come in, Ed flies to the dealership to be there while delivering the transit to his customer. Another benefit is the van goes directly from the plant to the dealership, so you don't have to wait for the time it takes to go on rail and be transported to your local dealership. That saves you time, you get your transit sooner and your van is handled by less people, so less risk of getting damaged.

The allocation information is not public information so the only way to find out about a dealers allocation is to either look at their past performance, such as Ed getting 100% of his customer orders pulled by Ford and issued VINs, or looking at the inventory on the lot. High allocation dealers usually have lots of vans on their lot, which today that isn't really a good way because of all the shortages. But if you know in the past the dealer had lots of transit inventory, that is a good bet they have a decent amount of allocation.

I know in my area, the only dealer that use to have a very high inventory of transits, was the commercial/fleet Ford dealer. Most of the other dealers rarely had inventory so no way would I have risked it and ordered from one of those dealers. I could have ordered from the commercial/fleet dealer that most likely had some allocation, but I liked the idea of my van being driven from the factory directly to the dealer, with zero other transportation needed by train and carrier, and Ed offered a very competitive price, plus all his knowledge which really helped out. I don't mind making the trip and driving back, but I am basically only one state over.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ed lives in Texas, but he is working for a dealer in Kansas City, MS. The dealership is like 2.5 miles from the assembly plant that builds the Transits. When his customer orders come in, Ed flies to the dealership to be there while delivering the transit to his customer. Another benefit is the van goes directly from the plant to the dealership, so you don't have to wait for the time it takes to go on rail and be transported to your local dealership. That saves you time, you get your transit sooner and your van is handled by less people, so less risk of getting damaged.

The allocation information is not public information so the only way to find out about a dealers allocation is to either look at their past performance, such as Ed getting 100% of his customer orders pulled by Ford and issued VINs, or looking at the inventory on the lot. High allocation dealers usually have lots of vans on their lot, which today that isn't really a good way because of all the shortages. But if you know in the past the dealer had lots of transit inventory, that is a good bet they have a decent amount of allocation.

I know in my area, the only dealer that use to have a very high inventory of transits, was the commercial/fleet Ford dealer. Most of the other dealers rarely had inventory so no way would I have risked it and ordered from one of those dealers. I could have ordered from the commercial/fleet dealer that most likely had some allocation, but I liked the idea of my van being driven from the factory directly to the dealer, with zero other transportation needed by train and carrier, and Ed offered a very competitive price, plus all his knowledge which really helped out. I don't mind making the trip and driving back, but I am basically only one state over.
Thank you so much for explaining al that! I only started considering doing a DIY van conversion in early2020. At that time our camper was a little teardrop trailer which we had bought 3 years earlier for weekend camping, as I am still working full time. Then COVID hit hard and we had to wait to sell our camper as no one wanted to travel up here to buy it. When things got mostly back to normal this spring, we had no trouble selling our camper trailer, but by then it was really hard to find a van to even test drive. Once we decided on buying a Transit, the only way to get one was by placing a custom order.

I live in northern New Hampshire, so the only large Ford dealers are at least an hour away. So I hve no idea wich ones had any number of Transits in the past. Without knowing what their allication is, I'm at the mercy of the Ford dealers, who haven't been honest with me so far (the one I ordered from was the third dealership). So now I can either wait to see if our 2021 shows up (which I've pretty much given up on), take my chances with a dealer in my state being honest with me (which seems to be a rare thing these days), or try to order one from far away (and either fly out and drive it home, or have it delivered).

I'm not yet ready to cancel my 2021 Transit order, as there's still a small chance that my dealer is just incompetant and actually has no idea what the status of my build is, and it will just show up at the dealership sometime this fall. If I have to order a 2022, we'll have to pay quite a bit more than what we were quoted, so I'll have to trim down the options quite a bit, starting with the AWD. The only thing that hasn't increased this year has been my wage, and I really cannot afford to spend much more for a van to convert. I also scheduled work with a conversion company for this November (after I was told that our van would be delivered by mid summer), so I'm going to likely be penalized on that end as well.

I still don't know what to do. I'm about ready to just cut my losses and give up on the whole thing. This week I'm on vacation, stuck icamping in a little backpacking tent, praying for good weather. My two summer weekend camping trips were both washouts with frequent thunderstorms (you have to make reservations months in advance). I'm really getting sick of tent camping.

701 - 720 of 799 Posts