Ford Transit USA Forum banner
681 - 700 of 799 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
The main reason your 2021 Transit is not getting scheduled is due to the dealer not having the allocation to get your specific body style Transit. This is the problem when you are trying to order the AWD HR models and especially the U8U 11,000 GVWR Transit.

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #682 ·
Back in November of 2020, I asked two dealers for quotes on my build. I selected one, ordered with a deposit and received my transit 9 months later.

Yesterday the dealer I did not choose to order from called me. "Good news, your transit is built and will be here in a couple of weeks." Well that's a surprise.

If anyone waiting on a 2021 is interested in this one, they could contact Colonial Ford in Plymouth MA.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Wondered how they got a 'customer ordered' Transit when you did not actually order the Transit from them. Did you ever give them any information on yourself or have been a previous buyer at that dealership? I know of a few Ford dealers who used previous Ford buyers names and their previous purchase information on other vehicles to order Ford Transits. This gave them a 'extra' Transit available for sale and some used these to sell at the above MSRP prices.

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·
Wondered how they got a 'customer ordered' Transit when you did not actually order the Transit from them. Did you ever give them any information on yourself or have been a previous buyer at that dealership? I know of a few Ford dealers who used previous Ford buyers names and their previous purchase information on other vehicles to order Ford Transits. This gave them a 'extra' Transit available for sale and some used these to sell at the above MSRP prices.
It's a good question. Never bought there before and never gave any info beyond email contact.

It's a sad story with an odd ending. After contacting several dealers who were not interested in selling a transit, I finally had a call back from a fleet sales manager on a Thursday. I emailed him Friday with build details, spoke and was expecting a quote the following Monday. Two weeks later the general manager called to tell me he had passed away the weekend after we spoke! The general manager gave me a quote but I elected to order with a dealer I had spoken with in the mean time.

Obviously they stuck my name on an order, but it's possible it happened due to confusion after the fleet manager passed. Don't know how they got thru the customer driver's license validation process. They didn't have mine. I'm not happy about it given how many members are waiting on orders that may not get filled. Best I can do is let folks know that a 2021 may be available.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Orders placed back in November 2020 didn't need a driver's license? I thought only ones placed around April 2021 started requiring that proof.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Most of the Transit orders placed before March did not need the verification as they did for the later orders. The verification process only went in effect when Ford figured out it could not build ALL of the Transit orders and give dealers stock ordered vehicles. That is why we were left with the 37 Transit stock orders that were in the Ford order system ordered in March that were never pulled for scheduling.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Orders placed back in November 2020 didn't need a driver's license? I thought only ones placed around April 2021 started requiring that proof.
I placed my order Feb 6th. My Transit was clean, unscheduled when Ford wanted to verify orders with ID in June and I had to send that to my salesman.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any updates on yours? My dealer sent info that said mine was not selected for scheduling last week with several "reason" codes...
No change in status on mine. Looks like I'm out of luck for 2021. Guessing Ed is right about allocation but I thought the COVP process gives the dealer allocation even if they don't have it. I'm planning to order through Ed for 2022 as that seems to be the most reliable option to actually receive what you order.

·
Registered
2021 Extended HR AWD
15 Posts
No change in status on mine. Looks like I'm out of luck for 2021. Guessing Ed is right about allocation but I thought the COVP process gives the dealer allocation even if they don't have it. I'm planning to order through Ed for 2022 as that seems to be the most reliable option to actually receive what you order.
Will probably end up doing the same... At what point will Ford change the status to something that will indicate that they will not build the 2021?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Most of the Transit orders placed before March did not need the verification as they did for the later orders. The verification process only went in effect when Ford figured out it could not build ALL of the Transit orders and give dealers stock ordered vehicles. That is why we were left with the 37 Transit stock orders that were in the Ford order system ordered in March that were never pulled for scheduling.
When is the last day that Ford will be scanning orders for scheduling? If the dealership I ordered from on 3/22/21 can't get me a 2021 I won't trust them to get me a 2022 and will probably order from Ed. They keep telling me it will get built.and my order is coming up. They said this info was from the regional manager. Still no VIN yet.
I asked about allocations when I ordered and was assured they had plenty. The dealership is one of the larger ones in my area.
No faith of getting my W2Y at this point.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good news, bad news.

I ordered a cutaway back in December. Today I got an email from Ford saying my order for a 2022 had been confirmed.

Ford rep had my dealer roll it over to a 2022 and told them that mine would be the first 2022 to get scheduled.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The only thing that changed was that the touchscreen got a lot bigger, and I will have to pay about $500 extra for that.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
When is the last day that Ford will be scanning orders for scheduling? If the dealership I ordered from on 3/22/21 can't get me a 2021 I won't trust them to get me a 2022 and will probably order from Ed. They keep telling me it will get built.and my order is coming up. They said this info was from the regional manager. Still no VIN yet.
I asked about allocations when I ordered and was assured they had plenty. The dealership is one of the larger ones in my area.
No faith of getting my W2Y at this point.
Good news, bad news.

I ordered a cutaway back in December. Today I got an email from Ford saying my order for a 2022 had been confirmed.

Ford rep had my dealer roll it over to a 2022 and told them that mine would be the first 2022 to get scheduled.
Ask the for the VIN for your 2022 model. They have to build out a NEW order. The order systems are in 2 different areas so you can't just roll it over. If they couldn't get you a 2021 ordered, then they probably did not have the allocation to get one for you and it may still be the same case now. If you paid a deposit, they just want to hold onto your deposit and let you wait until they might get allocation.

I just had a 2021 Chassis Cab delivered to the dealership. We have plenty of allocation to get any Transit and just had 100% of our customer orders done for the 2021 model.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ask the for the VIN for your 2022 model. They have to build out a NEW order. The order systems are in 2 different areas so you can't just roll it over. If they couldn't get you a 2021 ordered, then they probably did not have the allocation to get one for you and it may still be the same case now. If you paid a deposit, they just want to hold onto your deposit and let you wait until they might get allocation.

I just had a 2021 Chassis Cag delivered to the dealership. He is the window sticker for that vehicle. We have plenty of allocation to get any Transit and e had 100% of our customer orders done for the 2021 model.
The email that I got from Ford (not from the dealer) indicates my order is "confirmed" so I don't see any reason to worry.

They acknowledge that my order is "one of the early orders for the 2022 Transit T-350 XL" cutaway.

This same email says Ford will contact me as the vehicle is "scheduled for production, "built" and "shipped." Sounds like I am first in line for 2022 cutaway builds.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Let's see the email you got from Ford. They don't contact the customer directly as it is a conflict with the dealer/customer relationship other than for a recall.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Let's see the email you got from Ford. They don't contact the customer directly as it is a conflict with the dealer/customer relationship other than for a recall.
Well they contacted me. The letter is from:

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
P‌.O‌. Bo‌x 62‌48
Dear‌born‌, M‌I 481‌26

·
Registered
'21 R2X Ordered 02/04
64 Posts
Ford has been contacting Bronco order holders directly with updates as things move through production (probably all automated, but is directly from Ford), so they must do so in some cases.
Also, obviously there wouldn't be a VIN for a '22 order yet, if they haven't started scheduling, so why should they ask for one?...

681 - 700 of 799 Posts