Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some VHT wheel paint and VHT plastic paint to paint my silver steel wheels and silver hub caps matte black. Has anyone else done this? If so, are you happy with the results? How durable is it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Your results will be predicated on your prep. VHT makes fantastic products. They have very good durability if you can afford them a decent cure time before putting back in service. There is likely to be a slight color difference between the two products fyi.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I'm going to do the same think. I used some VHT wheel paint on some aluminum mag wheels, looks great and holding up well.

·
Registered
2019 HR Cargo Oxford White 148 wb 3.7L
62 Posts
I used VHT satin black wheel paint. Holding up well, Costco charged about $30 to rebalance, tried to reuse the hammer on wheel weights, they flew off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used VHT satin black wheel paint. Holding up well, Costco charged about $30 to rebalance, tried to reuse the hammer on wheel weights, they flew off.
LOL! Ya, I was going to mark the back of the wheel and use stick on weights just until I get my new tires installed. I don't have the space to put my van on jackstands and remove everything.

·
Registered
2019 HR Cargo Oxford White 148 wb 3.7L
62 Posts
Did one at a time, used the spare to rotate one out of circulation at a time, drive around without spare tire, for a while,
no jack stands needed. Good Year Tire quoted $40 each $160 plus tax to balance the tires, Costco was like $25 to balance 5 tires, also added the TPMS sensor to the spare, so I can do a 5 tire rotation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts