Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Van went from “Shipped” to “Order Confirmed”

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  SnooppDougg 
#1 ·
About 2-3 weeks ago, our van status marched through “in production”, “built” and then “shipped”. It was in “shipped” for about over a week and has now gone backed to “order confirmed”. Has anyone else seen this?

I’m hopeful that this was due to not having some parts, got shipped to a waiting lot and is now back installing those missing parts. Hard to tell as the status page isn’t all that helpful and neither is the “sorry” emails from ford.

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Number

See less See more
#2 ·
My only recommendation is to not trust the online web page for actual vehicle status. Assuming you have a competent dealer/salesperson, the Vehicle Visibility Report that they can run on your order will provide actual status (and hopefully actual Shipping information). From what I've observed, Ford's web page status seems to have an unreliable or very laggy data feed on its back end.

Reactions: SnooppDougg
#3 ·
Mine went from "in production" to "built" yesterday. Now back to "in production" today.

Looks like they added the "Scheduled week of" state and that incorrectly shifted the status, at least on mine, then they corrected it.

Reactions: SnooppDougg
#4 ·
Ford may be having issues with their system? My van was scheduled to start down the production line today. So when I had finished my first cup of coffee this morning about 6:30. I pulled up the site and "tracked my ford", It showed in production just like I was hoping. I had some things to do and errands to run. Just before going out on an interview I pulled it up again. This was 9:30 or so and it showed that it was built. Yea I double checked, scrolled up and down and read the site page twice. It said built, and had text on how long I could expect to wait now for it to get to the dealership. There was another link I was directed to "learn about your vehicle" or something like that. I closed it and then went thru the original email and link to track my ford again. It still said my ford was built?
Anyway I had an interview and had to go immediately. I got back home around 1:30 and decided to track my ford again. It showed my van was in production. It showed exactly the same thing it did at 6:30 this morning. I called the dealer and was told another customer reported something strange on the system too. Kayla said she would look at it first thing tomorrow morning for me. She promised to let me know if there are any changes.

#5 ·
The online ford tracker has been wonky for years. Trust it if it makes sense, don't worry when it's weird. Clear your browser and try again later. Call your dealer if you're too worried.

Ford's primarily a car maker and having issues. They are not good at data integration across systems or effective communication. We see examples of this every day.

#7 ·
This reminds me of when ford sent the last sorry email. Sorry it is taking so long. We are working hard to get your 2022 van built. 🤥
Something like that anyway, but weeks after they had balanced out (canceled) my 2022 order.
Yea not a software company. I will forgive them when I am driving my van home. 🫤

#10 ·
Ed, I do have the blend date from my sticker. Shows in production on the 24th and that did happen. My van went to in production early in the morning on the 24th. Is there any other helpful info available on the sticker I don't know about? Thanks
Rectangle Font Art Signage Brand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.