Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’m wondering if anyone else has had an issue with their battery monitor showing that the battery is charging when it is actually being discharged, or vice versa. When I hook up my AC shore power charger, the monitor says the leisure battery is being discharged. When I turn on the lights and discharge the battery, it reads as it is charging. This is the system I have installed. Any ideas would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The shunt (or at least the voltage measurement connections) is directional/polarized. If you connect it backwards it would give the symptom you describe.

Your diagram looks right at first glance. Just make doubly sure the shunt is on the low (-) side or things may smoke.

Reactions: gemanimal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shunt (or at least the voltage measurement connections) is directional/polarized. If you connect it backwards it would give the symptom you describe.

Your diagram looks right at first glance. Just make doubly sure the shunt is on the low (-) side or things may smoke.
As far as I can tell, I thought I had hooked it up correctly... Does this look right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts