Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I got my new snow tires installed on my van, my mechanic from a reputable tire store called me to say,I should get down to my ford dealership to show them the damage on the inside of my factory installed tires, 3 of the 4 tires have a split on the inside, I feel fortunat not to have had a blowout on the highway, has any one else had this problem if so what did the dealer ship do for them. thanks
Tire Automotive tire Tread Bicycle tire Synthetic rubber

· Registered
6,224 Posts
Probably sol, but no harm in asking. Going forward, it might be a good idea to get a second set of wheels. Used take offs are quite common, hence not to expensive since lot's of folks "upgrade". Check the for sale section on this forum.
Can often be had with like new tires already mounted. Loose tires also show up frequently. Of course that will depend a lot on your location.

· Registered
269 Posts
3 of 4 and the same size defect as common tire clamps, I'd agree install defect.
I'd also note that on ebay most "take off" wheels were more than a bit of take off. Seller question if they had the TPMS installed and all sellers I contacted said no. So they were take off, unmount, remove sensor and maybe rebalance. It's a bit different than take off on the wallet.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like damage from dis-mount to me.
That would be my first assumption, but when the owner of a service center and tire shop, that has a reputation as being good brings it to my attention that 3 tires are damaged and says it was done at the factory, I have no choice as to wonder, and this is the reason I,m asking if any others have had this problem with their tires?

· Registered
2016, MR, 130"
1,385 Posts
Looks too clean to me to have been done when mounted. And I can't see you not having had a problem with them. I'd guess it happened at dismount.

· Registered
5,012 Posts
It is pretty tough to do that, At least by hand, I have pried tires off with screw drivers and other bits of metal. On everything from bicycle tires to six foot in diameter front end loader tires. I do own tire spoons now but it was not always that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts