Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Van Bed Step Ideas

5K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  g_luxe 
#1 ·
I did a quick search and didn't see any posts about steps to get up to a bed over the garage so I'm hoping to start a thread for future reference. The bed is 40" above the floor and I need a little help jumping up that high anymore. I've been scratching my head to come up with something for awhile and stumbled across a video by George at Humble Road. Thanks George, I'm stealing your idea!
:lol:
Humble Road Step

Here's how mine turned out:

The piano hinge is in plain sight as I couldn't bring myself to screw into the end grain of the plywood step. So this is version 0.9, I might revise it to hide the hinge someday.
Anybody else got a nifty folding bed step idea?
Bruce

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
I too was looking for this type of solution. A wall fold down seat is what your looking for. They make a lot of them for marine applications.
Down side is your looking ~$100 for a good one.
I settled on a folding step.

#5 · (Edited)
I have one of those folding steps and I call it the pinch-o-matic 2000. No matter how I open or close it I get a pinch. :mad: It was the main reason I kept looking for a folding step, I wanted one that didn't pinch.
I did find a folding wall step, that's a great idea.
Amazon Link - Folding Wall Step
Bruce

#28 · (Edited)
We don't need the step yet, but may in the future. I have a bank of drawers under the bed, and a board that fits perfectly on them. All I need is a couple rubber door stops under the bottom drawer because I didn't plan for the extra load on the slides. The drawer requires 28” slides, which would be quite expensive with a heavier load capacity.

#32 ·
Because we are putting a TetraVan shower in our build we decided the ladder option was perfect and got it too. Ladder is solid and light. We plan on just sliding it under the mattress while traveling Or not using it.
Dude, I covet your shower! Please post a review when you get it installed....
Bruce

#34 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.