Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 350 HR CARGO AWD 148" 3.5 ECOBOOST
29 Posts
Sounds like the run only feature is not real. The number of us have confirmed that for all of us it's ignition switch on only. No switches are run only.
Big thanks to Dave801 for this, the great photos, and especially the 'move the wires' trick, even the 'how to pop the connectors' part. Great! Worked pretty much exactly as described for me and made my task far faster and easier and way less time with a neck crick from contorting up under there! I will confirm that for my van the 1,4 switches are the 20 A from the 43 pin connector and the 2,3 are in the 6 pin, and colors match the description. Note, my van was Xmas present, built Thanksgiving week and probably one of the last off the line for 2020; given the changing designs and documentation I did test/confirm step by step. My contribution ( I hope) is to the ' what is hot when' question. For any reference, I am working from the 12/2020 rev of the BEMM. Fig E189518 Rev1 p 125 Aux Fuse Panel fuse F15 (5A?). Position A is described as Ignition Only B is described as Permenent Power Only, default delivered for for my van was Position B. The verbiage is misleading/unclear. I have concluded that the wires are hot when the switch is illuminated and not when not, by no means a given. So the following conditions.
1) Fuse pos A. 2) Fuse pos B. Key pos 0 (off/out), 1 (accessory? radio a few lites), 2 on/run (all panel indicators/ relays switch on etc).
The overall result is that the Permanent Power on appears to be controlled by the Battery Guard function. At F1 all switches are cold if the key is not in K2, then hot, pretty much end of story. At F2 switches go hot only when K2 switched and then stay hot in all key positions including K0 until the timeout on the BG function kicks in, which seems to be 75 min, then all go cold until a reset by K2. This is the same behavior as the CCP2 175 A connection whereas the CCP1 60A connection is truly always hot. One other data point. I am interested in investigating the SRC inhibit function. Vehicle Interface Connector C33-E under the driver seat in my van has a jumper between pins 4-9 having to do with the Load Shed function. When I pulled this connector out all switches are always cold, don't know details but probably makes sense somewhere, did not check CCP2/1 but suspect same is true, maybe not CCP1. I believe the battery guard/timeout condition was identified in the 'unkie' thread.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2021 Transit AWD
7 Posts
Has anyone started to work on this for a MY2021? And is all this great info still valid?
Also what size wire are people using on the 20amp and the 40amp?

·
Registered
2020 Transit 250 AWD Ecoboost, mid roof, LWB, Heavy duty tow package, dual sliding doors
95 Posts
Connecting to 2020 Transits upfitter switches is completely different than previous years. Disregard any videos/tutorials that are not 2020 specific. NONE of it applies to 2020 Ford Transits. The process for hooking up the powered wires via the switches is much more streamlined than previous years (i.e no battery access needed, the aux fuse panel is already supplied power so no need to hook up wires to the CCP etc)

All this info was gleaned from the incredible work of 'unkie' ( unkie ) and others on a previous thread about 2020 upfitter switches. I thought a 'quick how-to' for hooking into the wiring harnesses and which color wires are which switches would be useful. Again, through the incredible work of Unkie and others wading through the (incorrect!) BEMM, reaching out to Ford directly, getting updated SVE's from Ford because their original info was wrong, etc etc we're able to have direct easy info for hooking into the switches!

I'm a super visual person so I just took photos and made descriptions. Technical writing in the BEMM and other info in the forums turn my brain into molasses! Hope the pics can be a quick reference point for others here.

Quick note.. the 2 ground wires in the 6 pin harness (C33-H) are the only grounds to tie into. The grounds on the 43 pin connector do not work

View attachment 143054 View attachment 143055 View attachment 143056 View attachment 143057 View attachment 143058 View attachment 143059 View attachment 143060 View attachment 143061 View attachment 143062 View attachment 143095
My 2020 upfitter package came with a third wire bundle in the bag that plugs into a connector under the cupholders on top of the middle console. Did you use those and what is their function, read something about calling them "pass thru" connection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello and thank you so much for all the information. It has answered many of my questions. But I do have one question...

I have a 350 Eco that came with the upfitter package installed from the factory. I would like to use the connection that I see on drawings under the hood (against the firewall in the corner on the driver's side). Took awhile to figure out that the installed plug is WPT-1343 which should mate up with WPT-750 (that is on order from Ford, but I haven't received yet). My question... Has anyone used this connection and do you know what the wiring is? What switches will work? Thanks for any and all help.

Peace and stay healthy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Connecting to 2020 Transits upfitter switches is completely different than previous years. Disregard any videos/tutorials that are not 2020 specific. NONE of it applies to 2020 Ford Transits. The process for hooking up the powered wires via the switches is much more streamlined than previous years (i.e no battery access needed, the aux fuse panel is already supplied power so no need to hook up wires to the CCP etc)

All this info was gleaned from the incredible work of 'unkie' ( unkie ) and others on a previous thread about 2020 upfitter switches. I thought a 'quick how-to' for hooking into the wiring harnesses and which color wires are which switches would be useful. Again, through the incredible work of Unkie and others wading through the (incorrect!) BEMM, reaching out to Ford directly, getting updated SVE's from Ford because their original info was wrong, etc etc we're able to have direct easy info for hooking into the switches!

I'm a super visual person so I just took photos and made descriptions. Technical writing in the BEMM and other info in the forums turn my brain into molasses! Hope the pics can be a quick reference point for others here.

Quick note.. the 2 ground wires in the 6 pin harness (C33-H) are the only grounds to tie into. The grounds on the 43 pin connector do not work

View attachment 143054 View attachment 143055 View attachment 143056 View attachment 143057 View attachment 143058 View attachment 143059 View attachment 143060 View attachment 143061 View attachment 143062 View attachment 143095
I am wiring my 2020 Transit 350 AWD for rear LED lighting and USB / 12volt power point. I want to run power through my upfitter switches number one and two. My van did not come with the 43 pin pigtail or the 6 pin harness. Do you have the part numbers for these two pigtails? I have reached out to several dealers and they can’t figure this out.
If anyone has these two wiring harnesses that won’t be using them, I would like to buy them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer said my van was not shipped with the harness(s). Has anyone had the bag with the harness not come with their vans? It is a 2020
Yes, I can’t find the harness in or behind the glovebox. It’s near impossible to find these parts. Do you have the part number for the bag?
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Yes, I can’t find the harness in or behind the glovebox. It’s near impossible to find these parts. Do you have the part number for the bag?
Thank you!
I have the bag with harnesses with my 2020. They are the same #'s as this post about the 2019
I ordered the aux fuse panel but no up fitter switches (which would include the aux panel) .
Also includes was Hella YPN # 7293 02123 which is a jumper in a little plastic case that looks like a relay (which it is not)
Help with ID of bag of wiring harnesses

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you!
Did you look under the passenger seat? Dealer looked there for mine, it was not there but the front license plate bracket was. Under the seat from the rear of the seat, the velcro area.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts