Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done it? Been in upholstery purgatory here for a while and thinking it'd tie in nicely with my ceiling, but that's just a one time chance (unless you want to buy a new headliner). If you've done it, attach pics and tips?

-CJ

· Registered
122 Posts
I’m not sure what you’re asking. Not sure what you mean by “front bulkhead headliner”.
I did upholster my living space with marathon tweed and you can see here what that looks like next to the front headliner.
I think it matches nicely. Lighting isn’t great but you get the idea.
Hope this helps
Building Hood Automotive exterior Beige Automotive design
Rectangle Beige Shade Tints and shades Wood

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have a similar setup now. My question is about the headliner over the driver and passenger though. 99 % of that panel looks easy to upholster, but I'm a bit concerned about wrinkling around the grab handle indents. So to clear up the question - upholster the headliner above driver/passenger.

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it looks like Benchmark upholstered the panel when they were still converting transits, so there's some hope. If successful, this'll be an interesting one for the "Crew" transit community as I'm cutting down the headliner that covers the airbags, reusing portions and then cabinets (driver's side) or flat panel (passenger side). I'd like it all to be marathon, but yeah, this could be a mistake. Anyone else successful with this? In the attached photo, you can see I was able to get pretty good flex out of the marathon on the rear door panels, but this is a bit more high risk.

Window Vehicle Mode of transport Air travel Head restraint

Window Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Mode of transport

· Registered
323 Posts
It’s doable but I wouldn’t go for it unless you have the scratch to pay for a replacement headliner and enough wool to give it a couple shots.

Ive wrapped a half dozen set of blobs and cannot begin to imagine wrappin the headliner.

I see so many people creasing theirs and then dealing with a permanently ill-fitting headliner. That would be my other caution is getting a factory-tight fit once you pull it and wrap it.

sorry that’s not very encouraging….just cautionary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts