Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I perused the upfitter switch threads searching "upfitter switch cover" for any threads about putting a safety or "my dogs won't bump and turn on" cover over the upfitter switches but I did not find any information in the 160 returned threads so I thought I would ask. Has anyone put a cover over their upfitter switches so they or their four legged friends do not turn them on inadvertently? They are very easy to turn on. I am thinking about putting a couple outdoor safety lights on one of the switches and do not want my dogs or wife to turn it on while driving on the interstate next to a cop!

Apologies in advance and self-flagellation promised if this has already been answered in another thread!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I perused the upfitter switch threads searching "upfitter switch cover" for any threads about putting a safety or "my dogs won't bump and turn on" cover over the upfitter switches but I did not find any information in the 160 returned threads so I thought I would ask. Has anyone put a cover over their upfitter switches so they or their four legged friends do not turn them on inadvertently? They are very easy to turn on. I am thinking about putting a couple outdoor safety lights on one of the switches and do not want my dogs or wife to turn it on while driving on the interstate next to a cop!

Apologies in advance and self-flagellation promised if this has already been answered in another thread!
I haven't seen this idea anywhere, but I agree that it's a good idea. I frequently bump some of mine to the on position.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m having the same issue with the upfitter switches. Did anyone have any ideas for a solutions?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I’m having the same issue with the upfitter switches. Did anyone have any ideas for a solutions?
I haven't worried much about it up to this point but I am considering making something out of ABS plastic, a la some of the nice upgrades I have seen on other posts. I said earlier I thought it was Moose, but it was Indygreg. Both of them have good build threads you should follow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in the same boat, don't like how they stick out, but I do appreciate how much easier it made wiring things for me.
Right now I've got it so that highbeams also have to be active, so the dog hasn't flashed anyone yet. But as I add more connections that will be more and more of a problem.

Another thought would be to see if we could convert the panel to rocker switches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts