Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New member here. I'm considering a Ford Transit and hope to get some info from this forum!

It seems that the Upfitter package isn't necessarily good for someone who wants to build a camper van. I read through search function on this website that aux buttons only function when the van is running. So, this means you can't use it for turning on/off interior lights, turning on/off a portable fridge etc.... So, what is its typical use? Is the 2nd AGM battery what supplies these aux switches?
Thanks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Both batteries are part of a single bank.

You'll get many takes on this but if I had to do it again I would get none of the typical upfitter stuff and maybe consider the FPBG so as to have a 200A connection to charge a house electrical system. Even that is not needed for typical builds. The double AGM under the seat is good for robustness of the vehicle charging/starting system tho. The switches are only good for things powered by the vehicle charging system and even then there are good alternatives that are less in the way. Of course right now 2020 orders are over and the order guide for 2021 is not out yet. We have some clues from the press release a couple of days ago about a few things but nothing real clear at this point in time. I suspect that order guide will be out in the next 30 days or based on timelines shared by our resident insider @[email protected].

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
The guys over at the Ford Transit Brand Group are trying to delay the 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide as long as possible. It was coming on 10/12 with BOTH the order guide and order entry. On 10/13 nothing on either end. Sent them a email on 10/14 after nothing showing up and they said it was delayed until 10/19. Then a few days later they start changing it to WEEK of October 19th..shooting for 10/22 or 10/23 with BOTH order guide and order entry.

Just getting build dates for WEEK of December 14th for the last group of 2020 models so don't expect to see a 2021 built in December. Those last 2 weeks of the month are the Christmas holiday period for the assembly plants so even getting orders in the system at the end of October will probably get February build dates for even the dealer stock ordered units which are second in line to fleet orders with the retail customers at the end of those entered orders.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Upfitter switches were a waste of money, IMHO. only thing i hooked up is air compressor to them. if i had a bunch of driving lights, they would be useful. other than that, meh.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I use the upfitter switches for my light bars (front and rear). I may add on-board air so would use one for that.

Reactions: Vanpackr

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Upfitter switches were a waste of money, IMHO. only thing i hooked up is air compressor to them. if i had a bunch of driving lights, they would be useful. other than that, meh.
I used two of the upfitter switches. #1 switch is used to provide a signal to my vehicle powered inverter remote to tell inverter the engine is running. That automatically starts the inverter each time engine starts if the switch is on. Do have a time delay so inverter starts after the engine is running. #2 switch powers a digital voltmeter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts