Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped this am at my Ford dealer to have them look at the crater inside door seam service manager and body shop looked at all door seams as well and found other areas that were starting to come apart. The cause of the whole issue is improper cure time for the paint Ford is pushing vehicles out fast to try and make up for being behind. Body shop said they are seeing this and other issues not only with Ford but other brands as well. Told me there are lots of unhappy people and completely understood why I was upset and had the right to be. They are going to strip clean and repaint and seal the edges of driver,passenger,and rear doors at Fords expense and include a lifetime warranty on the work if it ever comes part. Hats off to my dealer and the body shop I’m very happy with them. Still not happy with Ford!! They better get things in better control soon. So anyone buying a new vehicle please do a good check over when purchasing.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Catman800, you are one lucky dude to have a dealer like that! Would you mind telling us which dealership?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update on door seams. Dropped off the van to body shop they are trying to get seam seal from Ford before they do any work. Dealer has had no luck on getting material. Meanwhile body shop tech says in order to fix this the right way we should take off the doors so we can remove seal and reseal the doors then repaint and let it cure properly about a 2 week job to do properly. The window sticker says built with quality body shop tech laughed says seeing lots of paint issues with Ford. I’m sure glad I spent 50 k on a new van for my business to have it tied up for 2 weeks thanks Ford.

·
Registered
2021 X9C, 148MR, Eco 15 passanger
29 Posts
This is good information. Did you snap any pictures before you dropped it?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
It gets worse, Your problem sounds like it may be the same as this one. Photo's in the last comments.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It gets worse, Your problem sounds like it may be the same as this one. Photo's in the last comments.

Great something more to look forward to! We use to own Ford’s years ago had nothing but issues switched to another manufacturer. Not really sure why we ever switched back to Ford products again guessing we must of hit our heads hard! I will be interested to see if Ford steps up and actually has a representative look at the issues or just blows it off.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
That has only been a very small number of people with that problem, I was just wondering if yours is the same except it is the doors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That has only been a very small number of people with that problem, I was just wondering if yours is the same except it is the doors.
On my van it’s the drivers, passengers side doors,and one rear door. Ford runs a seam sealer around the doors seam then paints over the seam when painting doors. It looks like air might have gotten under paint causing it to bubble and come off. It’s close to the edge of the door and could possibly go to the outside if not taken care of. Totally ridiculous! UAD should be ashamed of letting it go. Who ever is in charge should be fired.

·
Registered
614 Posts
This something I never knew about. It’s hard for me to understand exactly what you’re referring to so I’m going to look at my doors to try to match the image above. I’ve noticed plenty of places inside the back of the van where foam has been painted over and, although messy, it looks durable. Sorry this has happened. So many folks on this site have little production problems. Seems the great majority are acceptable builds while there is still a continuous burble of situations such as this making it a frustrating experience.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This something I never knew about. It’s hard for me to understand exactly what you’re referring to so I’m going to look at my doors to try to match the image above. I’ve noticed plenty of places inside the back of the van where foam has been painted over and, although messy, it looks durable. Sorry this has happened. So many folks on this site have little production problems. Seems the great majority are acceptable builds while there is still a continuous burble of situations such as this making it a frustrating experience.
I was on f150 forums there are people having issues with them to. Poor quality control. Ford needs to step up and take care of these issues. The service manager at my dealer has no issue getting my issues fixed it’s just a joke that it ever left the factory with paint issues. I can afford to loose my van for 2 weeks to have doors painted as I have a business to run. It would be nice to have a Ford rep show up to look at the issues. But knowing Ford they will at best send a gift card to Dunkin Donuts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts