Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
Just got my 2020 Transit, and found this water leaking issue is still not resolved by Ford.
This sounds like an issue to take up with your dealer's service dept since the van is new.
While some have had issues, none of the three Transits I've purchased (2015,2015,2018) have had issues with water in the engine compartment beyond what splashes up from underneath as in any vehicle. And here in Florida we get tons of rain falling at a rate higher than most places.

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
It totally sucks!...
Ford totally sucks...
How Ford employee did his/her job?! and Ford has no a final step inspection?!...
And Ford has no a final step inspection before its vehicles be delivered to dealers. I really regret buying this van now!...
What a crappy company!
Vehicles are inspected over and over on the line, and should get at least a precursory inspection at the dealer. Sorry that you are so upset about some water that you would make blanket statements like that, but we've [probably all been that frustrated over other things at some time or another.

Let us know what the dealer says when you take it to them for a resolution, and then enjoy your van like the rest of us!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I checked mine carefully and found mine also missed the rubber grommet on the driver side. I watched several Youtube videos and found they all have the rubber grommet installed. How Ford employee did his/her job?! and Ford has no a final step inspection?!

Think about if Ford employee forgot to put a small part in the engine or the transmission you are not surprised that some owners has premature engine or transmission failures. And Ford has no a final step inspection before its vehicles be delivered to dealers. I really regret buying this van now!

Did you contact Ford to get the missed rubber grommet? Or where to buy it? I bought it brand new, and it never leave my parking lot yet since I drove it home from dealer. I am waiting for the arrival of my shelving/racks.
I bought my vehicle new from Matt Ford as it was a custom order. But Ed at Matt Ford was kind enough to send me the part in the mail. I haven't noticed any leaks in the last few months. If water is still getting through its minimal at this point. I was most worried about it getting on the electrical connections but so far so good. I did see the TSB available a couple months ago but whether it applies to our model or not, I still think it will help reduce the amount of water that flows in. I see it quite simply; there's a gap where water can get it and its clearly visible and therefore water will easily find its way in as its on the wiper assembly shaft.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I usually research major purchases, It is all here on this forum.

There are a couple of threads like this, They are not hard to find. To at least give you some idea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just made a video about it. Crappy company made a crappy design! A rubber grommet was put on the post of windshield wiper on passenger side, but not on driver side?! Do you have common sense FORD!

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
2,122 Posts
You have posted 8 times in 24 hours, and sent messages to the moderator team demanding that they contact Ford on your behalf, and now you have made a movie. None of these actions will fix the problem. Have you thought about addressing the problem and contacting your dealer, as recommended by several members who replied to your multiple posts about the same topic? That is the only step that will work towards fixing the actual issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just chatted with Ford part department, and they gave me the link for the rubber grommet at the base of windshield wiper post at driver side

Grommet | FordUS

Click the SELECT VEHICLE at your up right corner. I will order it to see if it is the right one or not.

The part number is 17C582. I highlighted with red rectangle just in case someone want to order it, but not custom fix it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
I just chatted with Ford part department, and they gave me the link for the rubber grommet at the base of windshield wiper post at driver side... I will order it to see if it is the right one or not.
If it was left off your 2020 van, it is the selling dealer's problem and up to them to order and install it. They have a process for factory omissions and will be fully reimbursed. If they don't know how to do it, you bought your van from the wrong dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it was left off your 2020 van, it is the selling dealer's problem and up to them to order and install it. They have a process for factory omissions and will be fully reimbursed. If they don't know how to do it, you bought your van from the wrong dealer.
My local dealers have no low roof short wheelbase 130 version in stock. Ordering from Ford takes 8 to 12 weeks. I bought it from another city which is over 70mile away from where I live. I have contacted the selling dealer and they said they would try to find the part number and order it for me.

I compared the shape of the part number I got from Ford Part Department to the passenger side one, and found they gave me the wrong part number. That one actually is for the passenger side rubber grommet. It seems they even don't have a part number for it.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
2,122 Posts
I've looked at several parts fiche for various Transit roof heights and lengths, cargo, crew, passenger. None of them have this grommet on the drivers side, and only a few have it on the passenger side. Are we sure there is supposed to be one?

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
I bought it from another city which is over 70mile away from where I live. I have contacted the selling dealer and they said they would try to find the part number and order it for me.
Every Ford dealer, whether you got the van through them or not, is able to make this right if indeed it was a manufacturing oversight and they can contact the appropriate Ford rep to get it rectified for you. If they are not willing to make the effort, document every conversation with names and find out how to report it.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Attachments

21 - 36 of 36 Posts