Ford Transit USA Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
I replaced my 12 year old ScanGauge for an UltraGauge blue tooth. The main reason for the replacement was so I could see a large, accurate speed reading. Larger diameter tires put the speedometer and odometer off by about 8%. I had an old iPhone and thought I'd try the UG blue. I'm still in the process of setting up different screens. The main screen showing speed, rpm(digital) volts and coolant temp is great.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
I replaced my 12 year old ScanGauge for an UltraGauge blue tooth. The main reason for the replacement was so I could see a large, accurate speed reading. Larger diameter tires put the speedometer and odometer off by about 8%. I had an old iPhone and thought I'd try the UG blue. I'm still in the process of setting up different screens. The main screen showing speed, rpm(digital) volts and coolant temp is great.
Why don't I have one these? But to be clear the actual odometer & speedo data in the vehicle remain reduced & faster respectively?
Sorry I would guess this has been harped on.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Correct. 60 mph on the speedometer is actually 65mph and for every 100 miles showing on the odometer the van traveled 108 miles. I calibrated the UltraGauge Blue to compensate for the larger diameter tires. The UGB speedometer gauge shows the correct speed and other gauges dealing with mileage are now correct. The main reason for the purchase was to have an accurate speedometer I could easily see. I'm still experimenting with this.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yeah the $80 would make it more acceptable to me to see an accurate MPG data figure. We must have the same 245/75r16 tires? I have been just looking up at the bottom left hand corner of my GPS for the speed.

$400 for a tuner is why I haven't corrected mine yet. Are you out of warranty so the odometer error doesn't matter to you? Also if you were re-calibrated would you still use the UGB? Thanks for the info Moot.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I used my GPS for speed and aslo my ScanGauge but I like having the large analog/digital gauge directly in front of me. The odometer does matter to me but not for the warranty, which I'm way past. The odometer error results in me keeping two sets of mileage for service intervals and repairs. One set is the actual (incorrect) odometer reading. The other is the adjusted mileage. With the UGB I can set an odometer "gauge" for oil changes and other "gauges" for various service intervals. An audible warning can also be set.

I had an old iPhone 5 gathering dust so I thought I would put it to good use. Ford claims the odometer/speedometer can't be calibrated for tires larger than the stock tires. My independent mechanic had tuning software but it didn't support the Transit. It covered F-150s with the Ecoboost but not the Transit. If I could get the speedometer/odometer calibrated I would still use the UGB but eliminate the speedometer gauge.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I'm using Torque Pro and have larger tires which puts the speedometer about 10% off.

The app is great for displaying the differential between OBD and GPS speed, yet so far i have not found a good way to do the same for MPG calculating.

I need a GPS miles driven trip odometer or better yet OBD vs GPS trip odometer.

Has anyone done this?

On the Torque forum and other searches, I've not found an answer.
This is the closest so far:
https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=4647.0

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am using OID Fusion and it has an option for for a list extended PID's for FORD vehicles. This is great in that you do not have to define these yourself. For example the PID's for the tire pressure monitors show up under the "Body Control Module", and all you have to do is select them. The problem is that the PID list of for all FORD vehicles and includes PID's that are not applicable to the Ford Transit. Does anyone have a list of PID's that are actually applicable to the Ford Transit? I would like to see a list of PID's that are known to produce results.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I am using OID Fusion and it has an option for for a list extended PID's for FORD vehicles. This is great in that you do not have to define these yourself. For example the PID's for the tire pressure monitors show up under the "Body Control Module", and all you have to do is select them. The problem is that the PID list of for all FORD vehicles and includes PID's that are not applicable to the Ford Transit. Does anyone have a list of PID's that are actually applicable to the Ford Transit? I would like to see a list of PID's that are known to produce results.
From earlier in this thread: http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/electronics-audio-lighting/12818-ultra-gauge-similar-usage-6.html#post450466

Those are all of the known custom PIDs made available in the Transit.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ultraguage support is HORRIBLE,

The guy did respond to me after 3 days but argued with me when I asked for a link to download the app.

Still not resolution to my request for link to the APP, which I am guessing is super secret or is NOT app store certified, mind boggling. I am one email away from having amex do a charge back.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi everybody. I went through this thread last night and installed the file that has specific codes for the Ford Transit. Everything seems to be working except for tire pressure it is a basic Transit 150 cargo van without a radio upgrade. Did I may be overlooked something?
I had the same issue with the first bluetooth OBDII (Foseal brand) that I bought. Showed everything except tire pressure. Nothing I did would make it work so I bought this one, read everything right away and have not had any problems since:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MAURDGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Anyone try this unit with an Apple phone ?
I know almost nothing about iPhones. But, isn't/wasn't there some issue with not being able to use Bluetooth... to the point that OBDII dongles had to use wifi for use with Apple? Maybe...?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same issue with the first bluetooth OBDII (Foseal brand) that I bought. Showed everything except tire pressure. Nothing I did would make it work so I bought this one, read everything right away and have not had any problems since:
Thanks. Interestingly enough I showed yours to my wife to see if the one she ordered for her car is slim/short. She says that's the exact same one she ordered sooooo we're swapping lol.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thanks. Interestingly enough I showed yours to my wife to see if the one she ordered for her car is slim/short. She says that's the exact same one she ordered sooooo we're swapping lol.
Hope it works for you as well! I really have no idea why the other one worked for everything except tire pressure, but plugged the new on in and voila! Maybe there were other factors involved so who knows.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Need a little help with OBD Fusion for iPhone. I’ve been trying to input all these PID equations but am not having any luck. Anyone else using Fusion and getting things like transmission temp to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 131 Posts