Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2017 Transit 250, I want to transport a Spacekraft tote liquid container that weighs about 3000 pounds (comes on a 48x48 pallet) a couple hundred miles - is this doable? The cargo weight capacity seems to be right though close to the max for this vehicle... I'm curious if anyone has any experience in this area?

·
Registered
148 extended high roof cargo.
35 Posts
hmmm, sounds like some chemical off-loaded from a railroad car while parked under a bridge. did Walter White and Jesse help load this ??

·
Super Moderator
1,662 Posts
I like playing with numbers so I did a little math. Spacetotes with a footprint of about 48 x 48 hold about 330 gallons. At 3,000 pounds that works out to about 9 pounds per gallon. Assuming he rounded up, and there is the weight of the actual tote itself, this could easily be just water. But this is the internet, and why use fact and logic when you can make gross assumptions and speculate like most of the news outlets do these days..

So if it just over 3,000 pounds then that's a little heavy for water, but heavier than kerosene, light oils, gasoline, ammonia, turpentine and alcohol..

Muratic Acid is about the right weight. So is Acetic Acid, Napthalene, Phenol.. Hmmm.... should we be concerned?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the original window sticker, it's a 2017 250 MR Transit cargo van. Interior height at the outside wall is about 66" & 70" at the center of the cargo area.

148" Wheelbase. 3.7L TIVCT V6 & 6spd auto.

It's a sticky situation, I'm (hopefully) transporting molasses!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I've got the original window sticker, it's a 2017 250 MR Transit cargo van. Interior height at the outside wall is about 66" & 70" at the center of the cargo area.

148" Wheelbase. 3.7L TIVCT V6 & 6spd auto.

It's a sticky situation, I'm (hopefully) transporting molasses!
"molasses" , Whew, Gaprunr you can call off Homeland Security now. o_O

Semper Fi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts