Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, I am working on a 2020 Ford Transit with lane assist module. The person who pulled the trim piece for the module off has lost it, and needs replacing. I have spent a few days digging through ford's parts "website" and talked a ford dealer's parts director on the phone to no avail. Has anyone had to replace this piece, know who to ask or does that part really not exist outside of the factory? Thanks for any insight

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this on my 2020 Transit. I could pull mine off to see if there is a part number inside, but don't' want to risk breaking mine. Do you know how to remove it . . . does it releases easily or something you have to pull pretty hard? Does it require removing the mirror?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, I did some more digging around and found it, Ford rep thought the lane departure module and cover was a whole $900 assy, luckily both sides of the cover were only $50 or so once I found the right parts. We had like 15 obscure parts missing so I had to do some serious digging through the parts website. I just hope I never have to again!
1623439262065.png

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
259 Posts
I'm not sure the lane assist is worth all that effort. After using it for a few days on my van, it was alarming and activating at wierd locations like multi lane turns and intersections that had more acute turns than 90 degrees. Not to mention when driving on a curvy road I like to hit the apex when possible.

At any rate, I turned it down to minimum across the board, and later just turned it off. If I did long distance highway trips a lot, it might be worth it. But I'd rather have the money back on an option I dont want.

Just an opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts