Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2021 AWD Mid Roof - sleep 4 full size adults, seat 4 weekender build

Simple but very functional build doing just the right stuff to make this modular build really functional with out taking any major shortcuts. Will complete this build by end of the year with the pop installed at the end.

Colorado Campervan Pop Top
Espar Heater
200AH Lithium
Insulation/sound deadening
Vented CRL and AMA windows
200W solar
Van Compass lift Kit
BFG KO2
Rear Bed
Scopema swivel seats
Basic Rear Floor
Lagun Table system for seating for 4
DC outlets for fridge or sink/kitchenette

More details or to follow the build and get ideas on you own builds
Build Thread Link:

2021 AWD Transit Pop Top Weekender Build-BUILD IN PROGRESS

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Sky

View attachment 160011
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Mode of transport Car

Tire Automotive tire Tread Blue Hood

Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 AWD HR 148 Crew
54 Posts
Saw this on your build blog:

Finally got tires...went to a different size than originally planned to BFG KO2 245/75/16 - this is 1/2" smaller than 255/70/16. It will provide much more needed clearance for snow and for off road, as well as a lot easier size to access...its really common. I think think this actually a much better size. No cutting or modifications needed. The BFG KO2 has excellent traction in snow and a great all terrain tire but on the more expensive side. Has the appropriate load rating as well for this van. Maximum safety. Looks good as well!

Looking at a tire size chart I see:

255/70/16 - 30.1 inches diameter
245/75/16 - 30.5 inches diameter

Based on this, the 245/75 looks 1/2 larger than the 255/70, but maybe the clearance is impacted by something other than diameter? I have 255/70's on my van and wouldn't mind a little more clearance. Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This size of tire is way more common and 1/2 provide more clearance for debris...the other size is no problem except only one tire manufacture makes a tire load rated high enough...so its better to have more tire choices and still looks great on the van.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Really like the grey carpeted panels. Could you elaborate a little on how you did them and materials? please.
Trunk Felt. Nothing special but very easy to work with. Panels are all custom, lots of information online how to make panels and upholster them. Different materials require different techniques.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts