Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had any luck making or finding a good alternative armrest pad for the drivers side door? The had plastic sucks.........as for the small armrest pad for the right side too...it should have been a little bit wider.

· Registered
2,894 Posts

· Registered
373 Posts
I've been thinking about some sort of raised pad. I like to drive with my left arm resting on the door sill while controlling the steering, it's a very good position for long distance. I'm finding my arms get more tired in the Transit compared to my Expedition due to having to support my arms while driving.

Looking at the distance, it seems like I'd need about 3" or so of raised pad to be suitable.

· Registered
541 Posts
I just ordered one of these:

They have a slightly smaller model covered with a "velour-like cover" that would probably feel nicer than vinyl but I sat in the van with a tape measure and really think I need quite a bit of added height. My usual "comfortable driving"position is with my elbow on the arm rest and hand on the side of the wheel. I have to lean over in the seat just to get my arm to touch the arm rest right now. (At least I can angle the inside one up higher.)

Should be here by Friday, then I can test it over the weekend when I drive a couple hours out of town.

This isn't just a Ford issue though. My Nissan NV200 also has a completely useless armrest - in the opposite direction. Rather than have a level window sill it slopes up front-to-back so that where my elbow would normally rest is nearly as high as my shoulder.

· Registered
522 Posts
I've got 2 Road Pro armrests. The one on the driver's door is attached with Velcro. I modified the one on the inboard armrest with a block of wood and the metal side from an old Road Pro.

Attachments

· Registered
572 Posts
I got this gelpad at amazon.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Gelepad/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_12082699011?ie=UTF8&node=12082699011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Gelepad[/ame]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.