Quigley ordering instructions
It's an order code via Ford when you order. Seems pretty seamless.... Almost factory....
Body Modification – Ship Thru Companies
* A ship-thru affords dealerships the opportunity to have special equipment or
bodywork installed after production. This equipment cannot be installed at the assembly plant. Therefore, an arrangement is made to drop the unit at an approved modification center within 50 miles of the producing plant. Examples of ship-thru modifications would be: the addition of a snowplow, special edition striping kits, security systems, racks and bins, etc.
* After production, the unit is shipped to the modification company for conversion, and then returned to the plant for final shipment to the ordering dealer or an approved ship-to location.
* Only Ford Motor Company approved ship-thru modification centers and conversion
companies may perform these modifications. The codes for the Approved Ship- ThruLocations can be given to the dealership by the modification company itself, the Regional
Office, or the FCIC.
* Ford Motor Company is responsible for shipping modified units from the plant to the dealership – only. If the physical size of the unit has been altered such that it would require
special handling in the shipping process, the dealership is responsible for cost of shipment
from modification center to final destination.
How to Input a Ship-Thru on a New Order
• Add (as you would an option) the 31H code (Quigley Motor Co., Inc. identifier)
and the D9K_ (Ford plant identifier).
* After the unit is serialized, the system will generate the ship-thru on the invoice
showing an additional $450 handling charge to move the unit to Quigley. The order dealership will automatically become the ship-to location unless otherwise specified. DO NOT USE 88DZ02. YOUR DEALER CODE GOES IN THE “Ship-To” section.
* Some vehicles have ship-thru's based upon Regular Production Options (RPO)
not built onto the units by the factory, but instead installed at outside modification companies. When the order option package is added to the order, the ship-thru will automatically be generated.
This option should be added to the units at time of ordering. Examples of vehicles using this type of process are Taxis, Alternative Fuel, Limo/Livery, etc.
Serialized (Scheduled) Orders
* A ship-thru CANNOT be added to or deleted from a scheduled order