1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Order 10/4/21 - W3U T350 AWD - Avalanche Gray from Keith @ Pittsville
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See attached:
Font Number Paper Symmetry Document

My wife and I are building a conversion camper and this is the order on file at the moment. In reading a lot of posts here, many of you reference order codes, but this sheet doesn't have any? Can anyone make sense of things in this list, such as "SYNC4 HD/NAV/IACC"?

The biggest thing at the moment I want to confirm is whether this order as it stands will include the CCP2 so I can use a B2B charger for our house lithium. I can't tell from this whether the CCP2 will come standard or not? I've read it comes with the dual AGM batteries, but do I also need to add the aux fuse panel (not listed in here?). I do see the modified vehicle wiring sys at the top of the right column... Is this necessary?

Also, general comments are welcomed. IF we should consider adding anything, removing anything, arguing the price with the dealer, etc. Let us know!

·
Registered
33 Posts
CCP2 comes with dual batteries. The sync4 unit you have listed is the one that comes with the intelligent adaptive cruise control. Why do you want the long arm mirrors? And what are you using the aux port for?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CCP2 comes with dual batteries. The sync4 unit you have listed is the one that comes with the intelligent adaptive cruise control. Why do you want the long arm mirrors? And what are you using the aux port for?
Ok great to hear on the CCP2!

I read that the long arms would help with blindspots since I won't have any windows (cargo van)? Is this not true?

Aux port you mentioned, that's the fuel extension? It just came with the extended fuel tank... We definitely want the bigger gas tank. It if comes with the fuel aux port, I guess I could use that for a Wabasto heater? Hopefully I'm thinking about this correctly. If this is something entirely different, let me know please!
Thank you again!

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
You are apparently working with a Ford dealer as this is a preview order generated from the Ford order system. How are they coming up with the information on it if not from your input? You must have a problem with the dealer and that is why you are coming here asking for help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok great to hear on the CCP2!

I read that the long arms would help with blindspots since I won't have any windows (cargo van)? Is this not true?

Aux port you mentioned, that's the fuel extension? It just came with the extended fuel tank... We definitely want the bigger gas tank. It if comes with the fuel aux port, I guess I could use that for a Wabasto heater? Hopefully I'm thinking about this correctly. If this is something entirely different, let me know please!
Thank you again!
I don’t see what the long arm mirror would do better then the short arms unless you are pulling a trailer. I believe the mirrors are the same size.
Maybe the aux port comes with the ex tank with the cargo. With the crew I ordered this isn’t the case.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are apparently working with a Ford dealer as this is a preview order generated from the Ford order system. How are they coming up with the information on it if not from your input? You must have a problem with the dealer and that is why you are coming here asking for help.
Yes, working with a Ford dealer. The guy I needed to talk to who "has the answers" was not there yesterday so we just built this out temporarily based on what I thought was the right option for option based on our 2021 online build. I'm going back next week to check with their commercial guy who will place the order. Just seeing if I can come with more questions/answers after this weekend though this community here. A lot of great resources already on this forum!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I don’t see what the long arm mirror would do better then the short arms unless you are pulling a trailer. I believe the mirrors are the same size.
Maybe the aux port comes with the ex tank with the cargo. With the crew I ordered this isn’t the case.
Ok thanks, I will drop the mirrors back to short arm!

It seems the aux fuel port is standard on all models, except the E-transit:

See attached order guide (I just found a downloadable PDF) - page 3 under Fuel EDIT: See updated order sheet provided by NMILLER85

·
Registered
'21 R2X Ordered 02/04
85 Posts
New Auxiliary Fuel Port Extension Line (63F) is optional on long and extended length Cargo Van. Note: Allows for access to the Auxiliary Fuel Port without removing fuel tank

You ended up with top sync4 58F:
SYNC 4 with SiriusXM® with 360L, HD Radio™, Navigation, Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control (iACC) and 12” multi-function display, AM/FM stereo, Bluetooth, Dual USB ports, Embedded Voice Recognition and Connected Built-In Navigation with Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR), Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA), Intersection Assist and Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control (iACC). Includes Electronic Air Temperature Control. Optional on E-Transit, Gas Engine Cargo Van, Crew Van and Passenger Van when High Resolution Digital Camera (61E) or 360-Degree Camera with Split View and Front Washer (61D) is selected. And is optional on Gas Engine Cutaway and Chassis Cab. – 4 speakers (4 front) – Cargo Van, Crew Van, Cutaway and Chassis Cab

Also, not much has changed in the order guide, but make sure you have the version from the end of August.

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Used to be anything over 10,000 GVWR did not have a backup camera or side airbags in the seats. Still had side curtain airbags though. Don’t know with the new packages if that changed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New Auxiliary Fuel Port Extension Line (63F) is optional on long and extended length Cargo Van. Note: Allows for access to the Auxiliary Fuel Port without removing fuel tank

You ended up with top sync4 58F:
★SYNC 4 with SiriusXM® with 360L, HD Radio™, Navigation, Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control (iACC) and 12” multi-function display, AM/FM stereo, Bluetooth, Dual USB ports, Embedded Voice Recognition and Connected Built-In Navigation with Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR), Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA), Intersection Assist and Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control (iACC). Includes Electronic Air Temperature Control. Optional on E-Transit, Gas Engine Cargo Van, Crew Van and Passenger Van when High Resolution Digital Camera (61E) or 360-Degree Camera with Split View and Front Washer (61D) is selected. And is optional on Gas Engine Cutaway and Chassis Cab. – 4 speakers (4 front) – Cargo Van, Crew Van, Cutaway and Chassis Cab

Also, not much has changed in the order guide, but make sure you have the version from the end of August.
Thanks for the updated sheet!
The SYNC4 58F seems overkill. We just want the 12" display with apple car play... Do you know if cruise control is standard without iACC? Or do I have to get iACC if we want any cruise control at all?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Used to be anything over 10,000 GVWR did not have a backup camera or side airbags in the seats. Still had side curtain airbags though. Don’t know with the new packages if that changed.
I've actually posted another question related to GVWR... We were told the model we put an order in (10,360GVWR) did have a backup camera.
Are there other considerations for getting the 9,950 lb GVWR model instead?

·
Registered
'21 R2X Ordered 02/04
85 Posts
60C Cruise Control. Includes Adjustable Speed Limiting Device (ASLD). Not available with audio package 58F. Note: The ASLD feature is great for city driving; it allows the driver to set an upper speed limit for the vehicle. If the vehicle begins to approach the upper speed limit then audible and visual warning are given. Optional on cargo van

·
Registered
'21 R2X Ordered 02/04
85 Posts
When we ordered our '21, we specifically did not want nav/siriusXM, however if we were ordering a '22 we kind of would want iacc, so not sure what we would do...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When we ordered our '21, we specifically did not want nav/siriusXM, however if we were ordering a '22 we kind of would want iacc, so not sure what we would do...
Maybe I'll just leave it. I mainly just don't want to be paying extra for built-in NAV and XM radio, but adding this over the 58B option was only like $350 or something. That seems worth it to have iACC?

·
Registered
E450 Wagon
287 Posts
I'd recommend upgrading to power-folding mirrors. I'd a great feature for parking lots and even downtown streetside parking.

As far as GVWR... It depends. Generally.... more is better. The difference between the 9950 and 10360 is just rear springs and the sticker. But some HOAs won't allow rigs over 10k. Insurance can be more, especially if you can't get it covered as an RV. And over 10k some options are blocked.

Jumping up to the 11,000 GVWR has mechanical differences. Rear axle gets bumped to 7,700 pounds vs 7,250. Intercooler is larger. It also gets a higher GCVR (15,000) so I suspect it might it might have a larger transmission cooler, but I haven't compared part numbers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
To add to what others have offered- in no particular order: Yes, what @carringb said! When I shopped for insurance for my 9500 GVWR van every agent asked for the GVWR and expressed relief that I was under 10K as they wouldn't write for 10K GVWR. Just check into that with your actual insurance agent before ordering this thing, Financing is also affected if you are going the +10K route.

Folks like dual rear wheels for improved traction in snow but its often overkill for most builds and its more cost when replacing tires and tire upgrades are limited due to those rear duals & rims. See extensive forum debate/info. For duallies if you do UFSFS type dirt roads, I will offer that I used to work as a park ranger in a very remote desert place out an 18 mile rough dirt road, no phone no mail service, long dusty rocky rough roads - did 22 years. We had a big T350 Ford flatbed service truck with dually and we all hated driving that thing because more times than I can remember, rocks would get wedged up between those rear duallies, sometimes popping a tire or two. Not fun in 115 degree heat with no cell service and no help. You don't know it happens either.....Cutaways that add a huge motorhome box on the back may need the duallies and extra GVWR, but for most its not necessary. Check out FarOutRide for their wooden (ie heavy) build specs and I believe they are in a 9070# T250. Link on other recent thread about T250 vs T350 question. Maybe you need
+10K, just make sure its an educated and informed decision.

I value the electronic features more than I thought I would, have a 2021 F150. The ACC is fabulous, the 360 cameras and larger 12" screen are some of my fav features despite being worried about all the tech that can break...... Everyone's different, not trying to start a debate. With such a large van, the various BLIS, lane, rear and side sensing systems are important to consider if you like the tech and have the budget. My F150 is only 18 feet long but every time I park I turn on the overhead camera and it shows the parking stall and truck from above so I can ensure I'm pulled up far enough/not hanging back/well within the stall lines etc. I think the 2022 will have the same feature with the 360 camera option and for me, it will be worth the $.

Another confusing area in the order guide, sorted out by CVM Ed for me was that If you order BLIS (Blind Spot Assist 1.0) you will receive short arm, power adjusting, power folding, heated with turn signals and reverse sensing arms. I wanted that specifically - its the only way I can see to get the short arm, power folding mirrors. The SA Power Folding are not mentioned anywhere in the guide exc buried in the BLIS sections. I have narrow driveway against the house and this would help greatly beside the shorter length arms. Longer arms are preferred by many who tow a lot for a better view of the trailer but they are a b*tch for parking and getting hit on the street and even on more narrow USFS roads but .....they are a good indicator when you are getting close to side stuff that will mercilessly poke a hole in the side of your new tall & shiny monster........ but most of those intrusion accidents (we call it desert pin striping) come from overhead where you never see it coming.

There are two levels of cruise control - iACC and ASLD. This link shows some of the basic differences: https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/adaptive-cruise-control/ there are other features explained. Only the "exciting" ones the marketers want to talk about. 🤣 but it helps somewhat. Click the link for transit and you will see the actual dumbed down version of the "tech" offered on the vans. I think you could get one of the lower level audio packages and add 60D ASLD for $325 if that meets your needs. 58E includes basic CC. 58F gets you iACC and I dont see where you can add iACC separately w/o the full monty package 58F but I just got into the MY22 Guide last night.

For the navigation system, it appears you can't get the 12" screen w/o one fo the navigation features. There is connected navigation and built-in connected navigation. If you don't 'connect" you don't have to use it. I get the higher nav option for locations w/o service as the built in maps are very detailed for off road UFSF road type areas. I prefer Gaia but having a back up is always nice for me. if you get 58B or 58C it has "connected nav with 90 day free trial" if you don't renew the AT&T subscription for connectivity I'm assuming your Nav goes away and you just continue using CarPlay or map nav of choice. Pg 34 of the guide has a handy grid to sort out those Audio Package features.

Good Luck. Happy Hunting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all for helping us out!

We finalized the order today

We dropped back to the W3U - 9,500 lb GVWR AWD 350 SRW.
Also switched from carbonized grey to avalanche grey.

Updated the sheet with short arm power-folding mirrors, aux fuse panel and upfitter switches, and dropped the iACC for just SYNC4 with HD and Bluetooth (with standard cruise control and HD rear camera).

Altogether, we cut about $1000 off the last build price, so we're happy!

Now, we wait...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between iACC you get with 58F and the Adaptive Cruise Control 60D? (Not the standard cruise control). Is it a mixed up nomenclature issue (lots of that in the Ford stuff) or are there three levels of CC?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between iACC you get with 58F and the Adaptive Cruise Control 60D? (Not the standard cruise control). Is it a mixed up nomenclature issue (lots of that in the Ford stuff) or are there three levels of CC?
Adaptive cruise (ACC) just keeps you a pre-set distance from the vehicle in front of you, but it only works down to (I think) 30mph. Below that and it disables itself.

"Intelligent" Adaptive Cruise (iACC) will bring the vehicle all the way to a stop, and keep working to creep you slowly through bumper-to-bumper traffic without you ever needing to touch the brake or gas (unless you're stopped for more than 3 seconds, in which case you have to pres "Res" to start moving again). It also does some automatic lane centering and also reads speed limit signs to keep you under the posted limit (very useful for going through random small towns where the speed limit suddenly drops from 65 to 35 so that they can generate some revenue)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts