Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the height between the floor and front of the drivers seat on the 4-way swivel seats?
I'm asking about the 2020 Transit option 21T "Dark Palazzo Gray Cloth, 4-Way Manual Swivel Driver and 4-Way Manual Swivel Passenger Seats".

The 2-way cloth seats I test drove are almost exactly 17", which is a tad too high for a short person - seat has to go all the way forwards, which puts the knees too close to the dash.

What are the 4-way adjustments, compared with 2-way for the stock seats (2 way appears to be forward/backward and tilt/recline); 4-way descriptions I've found here are an unhelpful "forward, backward, up, down", but it's hard to imagine a seat without recline adjustment.

I've scoured this forum and the web in general, without finding what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
neilhunt said:
Can anyone tell me the height between the floor and front of the drivers seat on the 4-way swivel seats?
I'm asking about the 2020 Transit option 21T "Dark Palazzo Gray Cloth, 4-Way Manual Swivel Driver and 4-Way Manual Swivel Passenger Seats".

The 2-way cloth seats I test drove are almost exactly 17", which is a tad too high for a short person - seat has to go all the way forwards, which puts the knees too close to the dash.
View attachment 140061

What are the 4-way adjustments, compared with 2-way for the stock seats (2 way appears to be forward/backward and tilt/recline); 4-way descriptions I've found here are an unhelpful "forward, backward, up, down", but it's hard to imagine a seat without recline adjustment.

I've scoured this forum and the web in general, without finding what I'm looking for.
You probably need to look at the pictures from some of the posts I have made on the Transits that have arrived at Matt Ford. I have pictures of the seat that show the features and the location knobs for adjustments for the seat. With the seat being on the rotating platform for the swivel seat, it may not be any lower than the 2 way seat. On the Transit Passenger vans as well as the CrewVans ordered as stock ordered units for the dealership, I ordered the 10 way power/heated seats as these give you the best positioning for the seat especially for the shorter height persons. With the 10 way seat, you have a way to lower and tilt forward the seat if you need to get closer to the wheel and if you need to raise or lower the steering column, you just pull down the release under the steering wheel and it gives you another adjustment point.

I left the dealership yesterday so I can't give you the EXACT measurements you are looking for but there are other forum members who may do that for you and others here so we know about the difference in the 2 different manual seats.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonderful, thanks.
From the pics, it seems like in addition to the yellow swivel lever, there is the usual under-knee bar for the fore-aft slide, left side recliner adjust, and three knobs: on the drivers side #1 right-front, #2 right-rear, and #3 right side in the backrest. I can speculate that #1 is up-down (hopefully), #3 is lumbar cushion, perhaps - but any idea what #2 controls?

·
Registered
485 Posts
3 is lumbar and it looks like the passenger does not get one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If #3 (driver right side) is lumbar, then what is #2 (driver left side)?
Thanks for the info - very helpful!

·
Registered
50 Posts
You get two photos of each because this forum engine kinda sucks on iOS. 18” high, 16.5” low. 1.5” or so total. it’s in the specs if you search around.
If you got a short person driving - well,good luck.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Number 1 is a leg bolster and the lever is height adjustment which is only on the drivers side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
So, no height or lumbar for the passenger?
OK, I see where the passenger seat has a pic of it going up. Good

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wonderful, thanks.
From the pics, it seems like in addition to the yellow swivel lever, there is the usual under-knee bar for the fore-aft slide, left side recliner adjust, and three knobs: on the drivers side #1 right-front, #2 right-rear, and #3 right side in the backrest. I can speculate that #1 is up-down (hopefully), #3 is lumbar cushion, perhaps - but any idea what #2 controls?
View attachment 140080 View attachment 140081
#1 (lever) is pump up/down for overall seat height.
#1 (knob) is twist up/down for front of seat height.
#2 is twist for back angle.
#3 is lumbar and driver side only.

I just spent 2,500 miles in them and I find I prefer these controls over the preset ratchet option in my car. There is plenty of fine adjustment and I have no desire for power seats.

One added feature provided by Ford, is a beeper front center by the yellow handle to remind you that your seat is not locked forward any time the key is on. Also conveniently next to it is a plug to disconnect it. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts