Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple of months I plan to be heading west to BC and relocate there. I'm going to take my time getting there and am interested in hiking and paddling along the way. Day trips, mostly, but I could do a couple nights backcountry camping if worthwhile. Despite the tittle, I don't need to stick to main highways. My stops will dictate the eventual route.

Natural, less built up, and sometimes hard to get to places are my preference over the sort the tour bus might stop at. If they're on the way though, those can be a nice place for a stretch.

I'll be staying within Canada even in the unlikely event that the border is open by then. Suggestions to put on my long list are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 AWD CrewVan on order..........
107 Posts
Between Calgary and Vancouver everywhere is a good place to explore. Grotto Canyon and Johnson Canyon in Alberta are sweet places off the #1. Johnson Canyon can be overcrowded by tourists but by October you'll be good. After that, you can barely drive 30 minutes without hitting an interesting spot to explore a bit. Just into BC, there are really nice campgrounds that are on a river or lake that are fantastic and only 5 min off the #1. I think it's in Yoho National Park.

I've spent time from Calgary to Okanagan to Kamloops so if you have any questions about those areas I might be able to answer them but there is so much to see it's incredible. I'm just learning the mainland a little more and want to explore the Island as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Let me know when you get to BC, I know a lot of good boon docking spots. There are too many to list.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me know when you get to BC, I know a lot of good boon docking spots. There are too many to list.
Cool, thanks in advance.

Maybe you can send me a few by PM? 😀

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would love to visit Canada...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: dirtyboy250
1 - 6 of 6 Posts