Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I would like to trade my almost new(5000km) long arm mirrors for short arm mirrors. They are heated, power adjust, and have the signal light. I’m looking specifically for short arm power folding mirrors. I’m willing to pay a bit extra if needed.
I like being able to see a lot behind me with my mirrors but where I work it’s a back alley and it’s very tight, and I don’t need them for towing at all. Cheers.

226E12E1-6488-4A27-840D-8F242F52D7CB.jpeg

·
Registered
662 Posts
I did the long/short swap a while back, I’m much less nervous now driving these narrow streets. Only drawback I’ve noticed is the tailgaters can sneak up behind and pass just when you’re about to change lanes. Then they act like you tried to cut them off. Usually some spiky haired kid in an Integra.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello. I would like to trade my almost new(5000km) long arm mirrors for short arm mirrors. They are heated, power adjust, and have the signal light. I’m looking specifically for short arm power folding mirrors. I’m willing to pay a bit extra if needed.
I like being able to see a lot behind me with my mirrors but where I work it’s a back alley and it’s very tight, and I don’t need them for towing at all. Cheers.

View attachment 130731
I am interested. I have heated, power adjust, and have the signal light. Short arm mirror on a 130" T150 passenger. Does the roof height change the mirrors in any way? We tow a camper 4 times a year and am not sure if my wife will be thrilled with this, but I just cant find anything else that works for towing.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
...Does the roof height change the mirrors in any way?,,,
The same mirrors are on all models , other than long/short and features, so they can be easily swapped other than making sure you have the right wiring plug.

I recently traded my 2018 long arm mirrors like this with @Cooper1219 His were plain powered short arms from a 2015.
The 2018 mirrors had an 8-conductor plug and the 2015 ones had a 6-conductor.

I swapped the cables on the mirrors so the long arms would plug into his 2015 van and vice-versa.
I had to add wires for the signal to his harness so the signals would work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
By the way, i bought extended mirrors to switch out before our longer camper trips. The mirrors came with the 6 pin connector and i need the 8 pin for my van. The connectors can be changed out, as they are Molex MX150L connectors. I am actually going to make myself a jumper cable, that will extend the connection up to the hole in the door, so that I do not have to remove the door panel at all, just the 3 nuts. then pull off the mirror and the connector will be right there. Connectors can be purchased several places, but link to amazon is below:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Anyone exchange the non power folding heated, with pwr adj. and turn signals for the same with power folding ? What had to be added to operate the power folding ? Or did all the wiring have to be replaced ?

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Anyone exchange the non power folding heated, with pwr adj. and turn signals for the same with power folding ? What had to be added to operate the power folding ? Or did all the wiring have to be replaced ?
I'd like to know too. If it is like similar components, the new switch would be plugged in place of the original one and the BCM programmed to know that they fold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts