Ford Transit USA Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1023 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Several thousands have. Welcome. No one knows what the time frames are. But history on 2021's High Roof for retail customers are about 8 Months on average. The first 2022's for customer consumption are just now getting scheduled to start assembly around Febuary1st. Scheduling happens about 8 weeks in front of the production times so once you get a confirmation Email from FMC that your dealer has actually ordered your van it could be weeks or months until scheduling looks at it then months before it gets on the build line. the last of the 2021's are being built now through December 15. All those people have waited 9-11 months for them. I see you ordered a LR you might get yours sooner than most on here, But, who knows. I ordered a low roof in March 2021 No luck. Got another dealer in September and expect it in April 2022.

I'll give you a couple of threads to follow.

Thanks! Dang sorry to hear about your wait. This transit will be replacing my '04 E250 with 270k and a slipping trans. Hope it holds out until the transit comes...

·
Registered
22 148 Cargo M Roof AWD Oxford white .
411 Posts
My order got pulled for scheduling 12/3 and I got Vin#, I tried the customer ford
tracking on the ford web site and its not recognizing my order/vin #, I put in my
4 digit order # and then Vin#, maybe its to early? Any Ideas

·
Registered
8 Posts
No. You ordered a 2021 model if you ordered in October 2020. And your dealer never told you it did not get built. Not good.
Oh no, we talk all the time. It's a 2022 I think at this point, it was going to be a 2020 originally, I've had to re-sign the order a few times as it changes. But it just seems like they aren't getting built or allocated where I am? Is it because it's an AWD? I just assumed Ford is building fleet vehicles instead and custom orders are sitting at the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
2021 W2X High Roof Cargo T350, 148", EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey
736 Posts
Oh no, we talk all the time. It's a 2022 I think at this point, it was going to be a 2020 originally, I've had to re-sign the order a few times as it changes. But it just seems like they aren't getting built or allocated where I am? Is it because it's an AWD? I just assumed Ford is building fleet vehicles instead and custom orders are sitting at the bottom of the list.
Well that sounds better. If you follow along with the thread "Waiting for a 2022 order?" You'll find many folks waiting and sharing news on their order status. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
Waiting on a W3U, Ord 6/18/22...
188 Posts

·
Registered
W3U 350 Hi Roof ELWB AWD
4 Posts
I received the "scheduled for production" today , 4/28/22. Ordered on Jan 11, 2022. Build week is May 23rd. They sent an original build for June 13. 12 hours later received the May 23rd update. BTW: I ordered with X-plan.

W3U 350 Hi Roof ELWB Cargo AWD

Now I need to make some big decisions about the camper van build

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
BTW: I ordered with X-plan.
Welcome to the forum. Not many Jersey guys here.
If you don't mind, could you share what dealer you ordered through. Thanks
BTW - if you add the specs for your van in the signature part of your profile, it can help folks in there response to any questions you might post.

·
Registered
W3U 350 Hi Roof ELWB AWD
4 Posts
BTW - if you add the specs for your van in the signature part of your profile, it can help folks in there response to any questions you might post.
I bought if from Downs Ford in Toms River. Antonio Piano was great to work with.

·
Registered
W3U 350 Hi Roof ELWB AWD
4 Posts
I bought if from Downs Ford in Toms River. Antonio Piano was great to work with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How is there such conflicting experiences with order and build dates? I spoke with 2 different dealers today and they told me if I ordered today it would likely be 12 months before it was built. Yet, there are several stories on this forum of people placing orders recently and getting them scheduled for build already? Should I trust my dealerships? Work with a different dealership? Add in the confusion that people supposedly placed orders for 2022 that never got filled, but somehow recent orders are? Can anyone provide insight into if it's hopeless to submit an order.

·
Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB in Blue Jean Metallic
227 Posts
How is there such conflicting experiences with order and build dates? I spoke with 2 different dealers today and they told me if I ordered today it would likely be 12 months before it was built. Yet, there are several stories on this forum of people placing orders recently and getting them scheduled for build already? Should I trust my dealerships? Work with a different dealership? Add in the confusion that people supposedly placed orders for 2022 that never got filled, but somehow recent orders are? Can anyone provide insight into if it's hopeless to submit an order.
Many people the last couple of years have not received their ordered van. Will this year be better? Seems like it has a chance because they are already scheduling 2023 models for production. Order now if you want one and cross your fingers. I ordered last year and received mine first try this year.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
You will have 12 months of production for the 2023 model versus 8 months for the 2022 model. We already have 39 2023 Transits scheduled with VINs and build dates. With so many carryover orders from the 2022 model to the 23 model and NEW customers ordering the 2023 model, look for a possible early closeout for ordering a 2023 model.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
A lot would depend on if you ordered a 2022 model. If not, you would pay the 2023 pricing without the Private Offer that the ones who ordered a 2022 and did not get a van now have the offer available to them.

981 - 1000 of 1023 Posts