Ford Transit USA Forum banner

941 - 960 of 963 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve read a lot of the posts in this thread but I’m unclear on one thing. I could ask my sales rep but figured I’d tap into forum wisdom first. I ordered a 2020 on July 4th, appropriate as it’s my first US-built vehicle since I bought a new Ford Ranger in 1986. Anyway, a week or so later the sales manager sent me a build week date and later, a VIN. When I entered that VIN into the shop.ford.com/vehicle tracking page it shows my van with all the correct options, but the status is “Your 2020 Transit Commercial Cargo Van is "In Order Processing"” and no build date is shown. It also says if I have a VIN there should be a build date. My VIN is obviously correct, so what’s up? Or should I just be patient? Thanks.
I am curious when your build date is? I ordered a van July 1st or rather modified a "clean order" that was originally placed on June 14th. I was given a build date of Sept 2nd. My hope was to get the van quicker than placing a new order.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I entered that VIN into the shop.ford.com/vehicle tracking page it shows my van with all the correct options, but the status is “Your 2020 Transit Commercial Cargo Van is "In Order Processing"” and no build date is shown. It also says if I have a VIN there should be a build date. My VIN is obviously correct, so what’s up? Or should I just be patient? Thanks.
My build date was yesterday. My experiance so far is:

VIN assigned with build date - Website recognizes VIN and shows “Processing”.
7 days prior to build date - Status show “In Production”. Window sticker is available.
On build date - No change. Still shows “In Production”

The actual build date has never shown on the website. Only got that from my dealer and it later showed up on the window sticker.

·
Registered
2020 148 HR AWD on order
99 Posts
I am curious when your build date is? I ordered a van July 1st or rather modified a "clean order" that was originally placed on June 14th. I was given a build date of Sept 2nd. My hope was to get the van quicker than placing a new order.
My build date as given by my dealer is August 18. She told me to expect delivery on the West Coast around Sept 15-20.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My build date as given by my dealer is August 18. She told me to expect delivery on the West Coast around Sept 15-20.
That seems pretty good. Ive got to fly out to Matt Ford in Missouri and drive back to Portland, OR. I am starting to be a little sceptical that Matt Fords promise of a "clean order" speeding up the process wasn't BS. The original order was placed June 14th. Dealerships here told me 6-8 weeks delivered.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
It would take 6 to 8 weeks to get a Transit to the West Coast after it is built. They have been running close to 70 days from order date to build date. The last pull for Transit production last week had varied build dates from September 14th to September 28th so while some orders came in at a 60 day level, most were at the 70 to 75 day level.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Current Transit orders are falling into the first week of October build dates...WEEK of October 5th was just pulled for a order submitted on 8/13/2020. This was for a U5X Transit so they may be looking to build out some of the last larger Transits at the end of the customer ordered vehicles.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Current Transit orders are falling into the first week of October build dates...WEEK of October 5th was just pulled for a order submitted on 8/13/2020. This was for a U5X Transit so they may be looking to build out some of the last larger Transits at the end of the customer ordered vehicles.
When were the last X9X's pulled (I think I signed the order paperwork on 8/7)? Is there any consistency to the order they build vans, and do they batch the different trim levels together?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
If your order number is B81V your order has a scheduled build DAY of 9/22/2020 pulled on August 14th. They pull orders based on the most ordered body styles with available options for production.

·
Registered
2020 T-350HD LWB HR Cargo RWD 3.5 ECO Magnetic Metallic (On Order)
12 Posts
That seems pretty good. Ive got to fly out to Matt Ford in Missouri and drive back to Portland, OR. I am starting to be a little sceptical that Matt Fords promise of a "clean order" speeding up the process wasn't BS. The original order was placed June 14th. Dealerships here told me 6-8 weeks delivered.
I am doing the exact same thing. Eddie gave me my VIN a couple of weeks back with a projected build week of September 28th. I entered my VIN on vehicle finder site and I'm not gonna lie- it's very exciting to finally see that it's real and will be built! That said, I originally placed my order on June 26th, and i don't expect to see it before November if I'm lucky. My experience with Eddie & Matt Ford has been all as promised thus far 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2020 148 HR AWD on order
99 Posts
Our van, ordered on July 4, just showed as finished production with dealer ETA on Sept 20. West Coast.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Current 2020 Transit orders going into scheduling are showing up WEEK of October 5th with one W3U coming up with WEEK of October 26th so we are getting near the cutoff of 2020 Transit orders.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Current Transit orders pulled for scheduling on September 17 have build WEEK of November 2nd, November 9th, and the latest date so far is November 16th. With Thanksgiving on November 26th and the projected time frame for last 2020 Transits being built before Thanksgiving, we look to be getting at the last dates for the 2020 Transit.

·
Registered
2020 148 HR AWD on order
99 Posts
Any Updates on Arrival?
It’s “arrived”. The question is where. According to the Ford tracker, it’s at the dealership. But it’s not. My salesperson was told it left the railyard on the truck yesterday morning and our dealer is only about 2 hours away, but now it’s Sunday, her day off, and the Service Dept is closed so there’s no chance of getting PDI even if it is delivered today. I believe she is doing the best she can, and we haven’t paid a penny yet (no deposit) but this is really no way to manage a $50K purchase.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Ford is filling out the scheduling for the rest of November 2020 with the open dates showing up as WEEK of November 30th which means once those dates are assigned, there may be December dates in the mix. Ford has changed the last dates for 2020 production 3 times with the initial date being the week before Labor Day, then the week of Thanksgiving, and NOW they are only telling up 'in December' so not sure when the LAST DAY they will make the 2020 Transits.

That is placing the start of the 2021 Transit production to possibly start in January 2021. The last weeks of December are scheduled Christmas holidays for the assembly plant so we may not see any 2021 models actually built in 2020.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ford is filling out the scheduling for the rest of November 2020 with the open dates showing up as WEEK of November 30th which means once those dates are assigned, there may be December dates in the mix. Ford has changed the last dates for 2020 production 3 times with the initial date being the week before Labor Day, then the week of Thanksgiving, and NOW they are only telling up 'in December' so not sure when the LAST DAY they will make the 2020 Transits.

That is placing the start of the 2021 Transit production to possibly start in January 2021. The last weeks of December are scheduled Christmas holidays for the assembly plant so we may not see any 2021 models actually built in 2020.
So what’s up with new orders?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Ford has went back and forth with giving us a extra 20 Transit orders with adding them 3 weeks ago, then taking them away a week later, then coming back to us with them the next week. We current have 9 customers orders setup and 13 stock order units that we will reduce down to complete the total of 20 orders. Ford pulled one of the orders on Friday and showing the rest for scheduling next week. That means they have to be in the order system on Tuesday for scanning to see how they will be pulled for scheduled dates that we are assuming will be first week of December build dates.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ford has went back and forth with giving us a extra 20 Transit orders with adding them 3 weeks ago, then taking them away a week later, then coming back to us with them the next week. We current have 9 customers orders setup and 13 stock order units that we will reduce down to complete the total of 20 orders. Ford pulled one of the orders on Friday and showing the rest for scheduling next week. That means they have to be in the order system on Tuesday for scanning to see how they will be pulled for scheduled dates that we are assuming will be first week of December build dates.
I meant with getting my order in and submitted to the system? I hadn’t heard a reply on email.

941 - 960 of 963 Posts