Ford Transit USA Forum banner

921 - 937 of 937 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine was ordered October 13, 2019 and delivered Feb 7, 2020. A bit less than four months. Of course they did not start on 2020s until November and had to get some standard dealer stock out there. I had none of the "late availability" items on my order such as power side doors or front/rear camera.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A lot depends on what you ordered on the Transit and your dealer allocation to get your vehicle. Options that are holding up some of the Transits at this point are the 2.0L Diesel engine (April), Power Sliding Side Door (March), and the Front/Rear Split View Camera which is starting to be scheduled for builds in February.
Ah, I have the split camera, that must be it. No diesel or power door though.

I ordered mine on August 13th. It’s getting ridiculous at this point. I can’t find out any info from my dealer either. You would think ford has some idea when these will be built. They surely have to schedule things pretty far out with a factory that big.
:eek:. At least we have some solidarity. I wish I could pay to get bumped up the calendar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We really don't know yet what Ford is doing with the 2020 Transit orders as far as scheduling. They have moved orders that were originally scheduled for late October to WEEK of January 20th...not a build DAY yet so that has been the case with all of the orders that originally had build a build DAY and then changed to later dates.

The one thing we have come to know is that any of the NEW electronic options to the 2020 model have been part of the delayed orders. Whether it is a vendor problem getting these options made for the Transit or having them come from European sources who already have most of these options on their current Transit model are the 2 things we don't know about as far as what is happening on current Transit orders.
Are they still going to continue delivering custom ordered vehicles despite the shut down, I know my vehicle has been manufactured and as last week it had a delivery date of 04/03 which has now updated to 04/11.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Your dealer has that information for your delivery. If the Transit is BUILT and released by yesterday (4/19) then it should be in position for shipping via railcar or auto convoy based on how it is shipped to your dealer.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Transit orders that went into the order system for early June dates are coming up with last week in August dates at the present time. A few that had 'WEEK of date' for the first 2 weeks of August are NOW getting build DAY within those weeks. If you have a Transit order with Matt Ford, I will be contacting you on Monday with updates on the changes from 'WEEK of build' to build DAY!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Transit orders that went into the order system for early June dates are coming up with last week in August dates at the present time. A few that had 'WEEK of date' for the first 2 weeks of August are NOW getting build DAY within those weeks. If you have a Transit order with Matt Ford, I will be contacting you on Monday with updates on the changes from 'WEEK of build' to build DAY!
I ordered a transit January 31. I have a vin from the dealer but when I check with Ford vehicle order tracking they have no information. Does that seem right?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
You should have received a build date for the WEEK of xx/xx/2020 when you received the VIN and later you will get a updated DAY of xx/xx/2020. If you don't have either date, then I suspect you have a incorrect VIN.

·
Registered
2020 t250 cargo w/ awd, eco boost
11 Posts
My green MR 148wb is set for 2nd week of july build date, havent tried to track it through the vin yet. Last i checked with the dealer a few days ago all was still moving along normal.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
At this point, you should already have a projected build DAY and NOT a WEEK. Ford has already placed ALL of our July dates with the DAY designation and started on the first week of August.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should have received a build date for the WEEK of xx/xx/2020 when you received the VIN and later you will get a updated DAY of xx/xx/2020. If you don't have either date, then I suspect you have a incorrect VIN.
I can't access Ford vehicle order tracking site. Can you help me with that please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You have a customer order placed with the dealer so I am locked out from looking at it until 10 days before the build date.
You have a customer order placed with the dealer so I am locked out from looking at it until 10 days before the build date.
The truck is built. The dealer told me today at 11:53 today. After the sales manager I was talking to at 11:04 was not willing to help me so I talked to the dealership General manager, drop a few names and the truck is excepted to be at the dealership sometime near the end of July. I have no and mean no faith in what they are telling me. Is there someway to check on the truck. I now have the third vin from them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
921 - 937 of 937 Posts