Ford Transit USA Forum banner

901 - 920 of 937 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
We really don't know yet what Ford is doing with the 2020 Transit orders as far as scheduling. They have moved orders that were originally scheduled for late October to WEEK of January 20th...not a build DAY yet so that has been the case with all of the orders that originally had build a build DAY and then changed to later dates.

The one thing we have come to know is that any of the NEW electronic options to the 2020 model have been part of the delayed orders. Whether it is a vendor problem getting these options made for the Transit or having them come from European sources who already have most of these options on their current Transit model are the 2 things we don't know about as far as what is happening on current Transit orders.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I placed my order back in August for 2020 AWD HR W2X body code. Got a call today from Dealer saying today is its birthday and it is being built. Delivery is expected for the week of 12/2, next week!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (y)

Let us know how the new model rides.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Orders pulled for this week are getting WEEK of February 3rd build dates. These are from orders placed in October & November and are not in the position they were submitted but STILL based on the body style and what options may be on the order.

Seems as though if the NEW electronic options are on the order, the longer it is being held up for production. From looking at a independent company that tracks 'Order to Delivery' times, here is what they are showing for the current 2020 Transit.

www.napletonfleet.com/run_static.php?htm=order_to_delivery.htm

·
Registered
5 Posts
I placed my order back in late October and haven't gotten a VIN/delivery date yet from the dealer. Is that normal? Has anyone ordering in that time frame gotten one yet? Seems to be on the border judging from the other posts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put my order in late September and I am still waiting for a vin. So yes apparently this year it is normal if you have some of the new electronics or other things.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Fresh off the truck! Listed build date is 12.2.19. I will pick up Wednesday hopefully!
View attachment 131139
If you get a chance, show us the 4 way swivel seats you have and how far they go towards the back of the van.

Thanks for sending me your VIN so I could see your option list for your van. Curious on the display for the Adaptive Cruise Control and what features are offered with the Enhanced Active Park Assist. I was hoping to see if you ordered the Front/Rear SplitView Camera as that seems to be a option Ford hasn't released yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We ordered a R3U T250 extended length AWD Transit on Nov 14 and it looks like it has been built and has been loaded on a railcar. We ordered in mid-November hoping for a delivery in March 2020. Following is a brief timeline:

Nov 14, placed order
Nov 19, received VIN and tentative build week of Jan 27, 2020
Dec 10, window sticker showed up with invoice date of 12/9 and blend date of 12/19/2019
Dec 10, checked with dealer and he said van is scheduled to be built week of 12/16
Dec 27, dealer let us know Transit has been built and has been loaded onto a railcar

I would assume the Transit will arrive within the next 2-3 weeks. The VIN does not work on the Ford tracking website but the window sticker is available and it also shows up on ETIS. I'll give an update once it arrives.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ordered a 2020 HR EL AWD T250 Cargo with fair amount of features. Dynamic Cruise, Blind spot monitors, bigger Sync3 etc.. on 9/17.

Sept 17th - Order placed
Nov 16th - Dealer let me know VIN and build week of 12/30 day 01/04
Jan 3rd - Vehicle build completed
Jan 4th - Shipped - 22 days estimated to Seattle 1/27 estimated delivery.
Jan 14th - Arrived at Dealership.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Current orders being pulled for production this week are showing BUILD WEEK of March 16th. These were orders from November so the current order to build date timeframe is close to 85 days. This may get closer as some of those days were part of the days the plant was off for the Christmas/New Years holiday period. That would make it closer to 75 regular days going forward.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm at about 120 days so far, and my van has not been scheduled yet. At this pace I would be surprised if I get delivery before 180 days!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered my 2020 AWD LWB HR on Sept 5,2019. Got word from the dealer today it has been built and should be delivered to dealership in Ashland, Oregon week of Feb 3-9!!!! Needless to say I am stoked!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still don't have a build date or VIN for my 2020 AWD, 148, HR 350, lots of options. It was ordered it back in the first week of October. Spoke to the dealer today, they contacted Ford and couldn't get any info. Should I be getting worried?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
A lot depends on what you ordered on the Transit and your dealer allocation to get your vehicle. Options that are holding up some of the Transits at this point are the 2.0L Diesel engine (April), Power Sliding Side Door (March), and the Front/Rear Split View Camera which is starting to be scheduled for builds in February.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Still don't have a build date or VIN for my 2020 AWD, 148, HR 350, lots of options. It was ordered it back in the first week of October. Spoke to the dealer today, they contacted Ford and couldn't get any info. Should I be getting worried?
I ordered mine on August 13th. It’s getting ridiculous at this point. I can’t find out any info from my dealer either. You would think ford has some idea when these will be built. They surely have to schedule things pretty far out with a factory that big.

901 - 920 of 937 Posts