Ford Transit USA Forum banner

881 - 900 of 955 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Order placed April 10, 2019 with MattFord.
EST. Build date week of June 18 to 24.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Ordered 148 EB HR, Ingot Silver

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Got it, thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check your window Sticker! Ordered my van 4/5/19. It took 2 months before she was issued a vin. Sat on the vin process for weeks. I didn't know you could view the window Sticker until this past Friday were I discovered the salesman had entered the dual slider body code! wth? So I guess it will be around October before I get her.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
That is what you get from most dealers when you order a Ford Transit. At the point you got a VIN, you should have been given a projected Build WEEK and then a few days later, you could have been given a BUILD DAY and ETA at the dealership.
Did you ever look at the preview order built from the Ford site before you placed your order? Did you actually order a Dual Slider Transit or was it ordered in error?

If you can send me your 17 digit to my PM or direct email, I may be able to find out more on your order. Would need to know the dealer name as I may able to track it that way.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Looks like these last 2019 Transit orders will fall into the 2nd and 3rd week of September for build dates. Not sure what will happen from the end of September until October 21st when they will be scheduling the first run of the 2020 Ford Transits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2020 Cargo Van Ordered 1st week of Sept. Still waiting for VIN and Build date. I did get word from my dealership that the Priority Code is now 01. Was 19. This is a HR ELWB T-250 with rear air. Will be uplifted to be a dog show van.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
If you ordered in September and still do not have a build date, your dealer did not have a allocation yet for ordering a 2020 Transit. It will be in the system but with NO available allocation for the 2020 model yet to pull the order for scheduling. The orders we placed in August were the ones moved to December and the orders placed in September were only moved back 2 weeks to November 21st build dates. All of them have VINs and we got the first ones starting on August 22nd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you ordered in September and still do not have a build date, your dealer did not have a allocation yet for ordering a 2020 Transit. It will be in the system but with NO available allocation for the 2020 model yet to pull the order for scheduling. The orders we placed in August were the ones moved to December and the orders placed in September were only moved back 2 weeks to November 21st build dates. All of them have VINs and we got the first ones starting on August 22nd.
Thanks CrewVanMan, that explains why our order was not progressing. Because of the insight from your posts we pressed them hard resulting in the owner pressing their rep. Bingo, next days went from Priority Code 19 to 01. Hopefully we will get a VIN and date this week.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
We were expecting to have build dates for the mid-September orders by now but when Ford backed up the October 25th,28th, and 30th build dates to December 2nd and 14th and moved the November build dates another 2 weeks back, they have kept ALL of the previous submitted orders without build dates in a 'HOLD' mode. Ford has not done any scheduling this week so not sure what they have going on.

I sent a email to the Ford Transit Brand Group to see if they have some information on what is going on for the 2020 orders and what made them move the previously scheduled build dates to later months.

·
Registered
2020 XLT 350 AWD 148" 12 Passenger van known as "The BB Vandemic"
33 Posts
We were expecting to have build dates for the mid-September orders by now but when Ford backed up the October 25th,28th, and 30th build dates to December 2nd and 14th and moved the November build dates another 2 weeks back, they have kept ALL of the previous submitted orders without build dates in a 'HOLD' mode. Ford has not done any scheduling this week so not sure what they have going on.

I sent a email to the Ford Transit Brand Group to see if they have some information on what is going on for the 2020 orders and what made them move the previously scheduled build dates to later months.

I put my order in in september as well With Matt Ford For an AWD. Know I know what the hold up is.
This is my first post here. I have enjoyed reading all the info you guys have posted here.
I am really hoping that I get a build date in november, but I will really need it for January, Febuary, March, and april.
Hopefully I won't have to do as much pushing as I did last year.

·
Registered
2020 XLT 350 AWD 148" 12 Passenger van known as "The BB Vandemic"
33 Posts
I put my order in in september as well With Matt Ford For an AWD. Know I know what the hold up is.
This is my first post here. I have enjoyed reading all the info you guys have posted here.
I am really hoping that I get a build date in november, but I will really need it for January, Febuary, March, and april.
Hopefully I won't have to do as much pushing as I did last year.
Oops I Meant I was hoping for a December build Date Not November.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Once Ford moved the build dates for 2020 Transits already having VINs and projected build dates for end of October and first weeks in November on October 4th & 5th to December dates for the October builds and a 2 week backup on the November builds, all of the September pending orders have been in a 'HOLD' status waiting for updates from Ford on the rest of the 2020 Transit scheduling.

I went to my contacts through the Ford Transit Brand Group as well as some through the Transit plant and have not received a answer so far. The only thing I can come up with so far is either Amazon or the various Transit rental companies are placing a special large order going with continued 2019 model production and Ford backed up the start of the 2020 model production.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
No news from either one but from what I observed with the many Amazon vans coming out of the plant area and being placed in the hidden areas off of Hwy 24 in Independence, it looks like Ford is building additional R3X Transits for Amazon. Guess if you order a 5 week build for a vehicle and have the money that Amazon has, you can get a company like Ford to hold off building 2020 Transit to take advantage of a BIG PROFIT for making a prior year model.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Some 2020 Transit orders are already showing up on dealers inventory but you can't pull up the window sticker which is indicating that production has not come close to starting yet. Once the online window sticker is showing, that means the Transit is heading to production with the body construction the first thing setup for build. I have been tracking them and so far, NO AWD models are showing up and only one CrewVan in the group of builds.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
We hope to get better tracking on the 2020 Ford Transit once they get everything situated with supplier corrections and making the final changes for the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide. Another update with a 10/21 effective date has made some changes, mostly to remove the 3.31 rear axle ratio from the AWD models.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered my X9C on 10/7 from my local dealership in Lebanon, NH. I don't have a build date yet, but was told the order was "clean". Am I likely looking at Jan / Feb?

881 - 900 of 955 Posts