Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Saturday I load the family up in the van to take my daughter to her dance performance. All 6 of us are loaded in, plus 1 friend. Seven people in the 10 passenger van. Man, I'm feeling good! This van is being used for it's exact purpose. Turn the key, engine is turning over...and over...and over...and over...and over, then stops. Huh, that's odd. Lemme try that again. Over, over, over, over, over, and over again, but not firing up. You got to be kidding me! One more time... still not running. Everyone out of the big van and into the wife's mini van. Good thing we didn't bring another friend!

So yesterday a buddy of mine and I look into it. We test the battery... it's a tad low. Hook up a trickle charger while we came inside to look at some remodeling ideas for the house. Head back out 30 minutes later, try the van. Same thing. Ok, so now let's just try and jump it. Nope, that doesn't work either. (although I'm glad I learned WHERE the battery is and HOW to get to the freakin thing.)

Well anyways, I have the Premium Care Extended Service Plan. Get a big flatbed truck here to tow it. Tow truck driver said he thought it sounded flooded. We did smell gas every time we tried to start it... but could it really be flooded?

Anyways, it's sitting at the dealer now. I'm waiting for the call on the diagnosis. Curious to see what the issue is. Anyone else have anything similar? Oh, and the vehicle is a 2015 and has 36668 miles. Maybe it's the mark of the beast that hexed my vehicle. LOL! :D

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I think it would have been worse if the mileage had been 36669, as 9 minus 3 is 6, 3 is half of 6, and 9 inverted would be 6 as well, This would have resulted in a double whammy.

Hopefully the dealer will test drive it for a mile or so and they can deal with any trouble this might stir up. >:D

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
another throttle body attack?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
the throttle body keeps popping up as a reason for crank but no-start. Seems that it was made with plastic gears inside, and they wear out (what a surprise).

Anyway, ask the shop to check the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
He said he tried Jumpstarting it so it must not have been a crank, no start condition. No need to Jumpstart a vehicle that's cranking.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
He said he tried Jumpstarting it so it must not have been a crank, no start condition. No need to Jumpstart a vehicle that's cranking.
Oh, I read it to mean that after cranking a lot they found the battery low the next time they tried to start it.

"Turn the key, engine is turning over...and over...and over...and over...and over, then stops. Huh, that's odd. Lemme try that again. Over, over, over, over, over, and over again, but not firing up."

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fuel pump relay was the diagnosis... after the dealer was like "You sure you aren't using E85? Someone had to have put E85 in it... had to have... be honest" Uh, no sir, I refuse to use ever use E85, but thanks for grilling me over the phone about it.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
fuel pump relay was the diagnosis... after the dealer was like "You sure you aren't using E85? Someone had to have put E85 in it... had to have... be honest" Uh, no sir, I refuse to use ever use E85, but thanks for grilling me over the phone about it.
I had a fuel pump relay go out at 300 miles. Got a Check Engine Light, but, no other ill effect. When dealership checked the CEL code, it was about "communication error." It took them 3 visits to isolate it to the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts