Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Toronto Auto Show on Friday night and in the Ford display area they have one Transit cargo on display. It was a 2020 t350hd crew van configuration with aftermarket shelves and bulkhead installed. In case anyone's in Southern Ontario here's a chance to go look at it crew in person.

·
Registered
142 Posts
the Pittsburgh auto show had a new awd transit but as a box truck. i did not take pictures or even look inside I only paid attention to the wheels... they were steel with center caps and ugly but I was noting how the fronts were protruding from the center out and the rears seemed to be the inverse. trying to imagine what an aftermarket design would look like as the fronts look like what has conventionally been on front drive cars and the rears more like regular truck design. might make for a weird looking rim matchup no matter what its made from.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Most of the Auto Show vehicles are prototype models used for show purposes and may not be just like the eventual production model. I have 2 different looks for the CrewVan from a HR Extended DRW model and a HR model and the first production model to arrive at our dealership is a MR model. Curious to see what is different between those models and what changes were made from the prototype model to the one that shows up at the dealership.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I went to the Toronto Auto Show on Friday night and in the Ford display area they have one Transit cargo on display. It was a 2020 t350hd crew van configuration with aftermarket shelves and bulkhead installed. In case anyone's in Southern Ontario here's a chance to go look at it crew in person.
Which bulkhead are they using with the crew model?

·
Super Moderator
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would assume the bulkhead came from the same aftermarket company that did all the rear shelving and storage components. It was a display for Fords commercial upfit program.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Which bulkhead are they using with the crew model?
The CrewVan will not come with a bulkhead as standard equipment. When I worked with Ford on that particular option, they wanted to add one but I told them that most people may not want it and just leave it to the buyer if they want one. The aftermarket companies will need to make one for this model as most of the ones currently available fit right behind the front passenger area and will not fit behind the second row seat that is part of the CrewVan model.

·
Super Moderator
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
At least one manufacturer has already made one for the Crew Van. This bulkhead was steel, and fit perfectly at the rear of the opening for the sliding door where the OEM Crew floor finishes. It was a Z shape, starting at the floor going straight up a little, then angled towards the rear for about a foot or so, then straight to the ceiling. It left plenty of room for a few gear bags to be tossed on the floor behind the back seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts