Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Took Delivery Today: 2021 Blue Jeans Mettalic XLT X2C Wagon Special Order

12K views 47 replies 15 participants last post by  kevvyd 
#1 ·
Ordered: 12/10
Delivered: 2/16 (Baltimore)
Purchased: 2/19

It's nicer than I expected. I'm feeling super fortunate, excited!

(and though he'll profit none from this Transit, I'd like to thank @CrewVanManInfo for his valuable service to this community, and to me.) @PNW_Camper @SirHomerSimpson @Checkswrecks

I know what you guys are thinking....more interior! Standby, I need to relax!

See less See more
#4 ·
The rims are option 644, and I like them fine. However, being called "Silver Aluminum Rim", and having looked at the pictures in the Product Guide------I did not expect them to have any Gloss Black Enamel, and I thought they installed wheel option 647 "Black Aluminum Rim" mistakenly. Dealer showed me the real deal option coded build data and it shows they are 644.

And yes, I'm in a state of disbelief with the turn-around time. All you read on FTUSA is horror stories, so I was prepared for that. I feel lucky because my order got messed up, reverted to a previous build spec that was not the FINAL. About a week or 10 days after ordering I went by the dealer, just to satisfy some of my anxiety. I then noticed the mistake on the order. Sales guy told me he could not make a change to my order, too much time had passed. But rather than re-order, he'd call his Ford ZONE Rep. and try to get it sorted. The ZONE rep sure did, and also bumped the order to Priority One. The Build Date posted up quick, and somehow it all came together and got to me in 2 months 8 days. That is great, but what is greater is that I no longer have to live wondering, worrying, and following what is going on with my vehicle! All I can say is right place, right time, and GREAT WORK FORD!!!!!

Only thing that could have been better would have been if I could have gotten Gem Green Mettalic. Jeans Blue Metallic is very Classy though and people are loving it!

#10 ·
You ordered the most popular color on the Transit passenger van and it looks as though you went with the 8 passenger seating from your interior pictures. I have ordered 2 of this particular exterior color and BOTH have sold. I tend to go with the 12 passenger seating since it gives you the advantage to remove ALL of the back seats using the quick release handles to remove the seats. Having the 2 rear 31" seats even though they are a smaller seat gives you a chance to move the one on the left side forward as well as moving the RH side and with a small floor modification you can use it as a rear facing seat on the LH side.

Not sure how I helped kevvyd on his Transit. He may have used my CrewVan 2021 B-O-B Transit Service booklet, sent a PM through the forum or emailed me about a 2021 Transit. As we have seen with his wheel selection, the pictures that Ford has shown on the 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide are sometimes not what comes on the Transit when it is delivered. We are finding that out NOW with the Black Steel AWD Wheel and the center cap that is different from the pictures and description.

#13 ·
I chose 8 passenger. (a standard 12 pass. with a rear 4 seats delete, 96V) This seating arrangement still has all the holes and tracks installed in the VINYL floor. I am fairly certain I will move the 3rd row two person seat forward to the second row (right behind driver) and keep the 3 person bench in storage to be used as needed. I'll leave the single next to the slider most of the time. Basically a 5 person/big cargo area configuration. I also have 2 young boys aged 3,5. They're in child seats for a while still. I haul motorbikes and bicycles routinely, and will sleep in the van. No intent to do any camper build. A cot, windows, and hard walls are plenty luxurious for my family's satisfaction. Lots of big adventures are about to take off from this van for our young family and the Blue Transit will surely become permanently woven into our story.

@CrewVanManInfo whether you remember or not, we spoke a few times when I was in a panic over my "Order Status" or what seemed like a lack thereof. There is a lot of speculation and mis-information surrounding Transit, in particular--ordering one. Any comments you have made in discussions on FTUSA can pretty well be regarded as gospel. The value of your knowledge and integrity cannot be understated. Thank you. FWIW--there were times when I would have been happy to pay you to consult by phone even though I was not going to be taking delivery from you...:unsure:

So far as the difference in aesthetic expectations from the wheel options shown in Product Guide to actual delivered product. I would have liked, and expected more silver as shown in 644. But I'm fine, confirmed the build code..... I still feel like the delivered wheels on my van look like 647. Wonder what the 647 will look like when someone takes delivery on one?

Reactions: asdrew
#16 · (Edited)
Ford messed up your wheel order and you should have the dealer take a picture of your wheels and the order code and sent it to their Regional Manager for a 'mis-build'. Yout dealer can make Ford replace the wheels if they are not what the you wanted and the dealer selected correctly.
I think you are right and will be pursuing this....
I'd love to see a verifiable photo of '21 Silver Aluminum Wheels (644) to cement our suspicion....

#17 ·
So everyone can help with seeing what each wheel should look like, here are the dealers showing Transits with the Silver Aluminum wheel. Maybe someone can go online and see if the dealer has a picture of the Transit with those wheels on it. Some forum members may be close enough to one of the dealers to make a trip and get actual pictures of them on the van.

Silver Aluminum 5 Lug Wheel

Currie Motors, Valparaiso, IN
Smith South Plains, Leveland, TX
Pioneer Ford, Bremen, GA
Ramsey Ford, Rising Sun, MD
Ken Grody Ford, Redlands, CA

#21 ·
So everyone can help with seeing what each wheel should look like, here are the dealers showing Transits with the Silver Aluminum wheel. Maybe someone can go online and see if the dealer has a picture of the Transit with those wheels on it. Some forum members may be close enough to one of the dealers to make a trip and get actual pictures of them on the van.

Silver Aluminum 5 Lug Wheel

Ramsey Ford, Rising Sun, MD
@CrewVanManInfo
I'm in MD, and my wife works near Ramsey Ford. I'll ask her to go look, but after checking their inventories online....I do not think they have a '21 with 644 Silver Alloy Wheels
Might you be able to tell me exactly what type of Transit Ramsey might have with the 644?

Reactions: JAGfamily
#29 ·
Roesch in Bensenville be was a bust. It's not terribly far from me and I was bored today so swung by. Nada. Tons of '21s of all shapes, sizes, and colors, and some other fun stuff sitting around (like half a dozen police Transits scattered about their lot).

So here are two random photos.

#19 ·
#20 · (Edited)
Silver wheel at Pioneer in Bremen,
None of the "black wheel" dealers listed above had pics.
View attachment 147790
@Brianmcgaha
Very grateful for your participation in this, Thanks for the help! (y)
Is the image above taken by you at a dealer lot of a vehicle with (644) Silver Aluminum Wheel listed on the sticker?

(edit: did my own legwork and it looks to be a dealership photo, but the sticker says Silver Aluminum Wheels----and they look the same as my black and silver "Silver Aluminum Wheels" 😕 hope is fading?)

#34 ·
🤯....somehow I glossed right over that...you're right!
When @SION1771 said he took some "random" picture I think my brain just turned off.
You're the best at this, thanks again Ed!

#41 ·
Congrats! We got the same color and size van in a 2020 Cargo but we did order through CrewManVan and IMHO he is everything everyone says about him. We still thank our lucky stars I was on this forum and found the expert. Only hassle was going to KC to pick up the van but it adds to the story of the van, now. All our friends want us to tell the story of picking up the van. haha. We are now about 3/4 of the way through our build and heading out on our first trip, whether done or not, in late March. This picture was from a couple of weeks ago so we have our couch ready to install in front of the cabinet on the left and the wires are all pulled and ready to hook up. The bed pulls out over the counter and comes to the edge of the sink. It is bigger than a queen bed when deployed and a twin when folded. Hoping we can close up the walls next week and start the bathroom the week after.

#43 ·
The dealer has to hold the wheels until Ford directs them what to do with the wheels. They may send them via the Ford Parts Division back to Ford that will probably sell them through another venue or may just have the dealer to dispose of them. I know about a 2012 Mustang which was ordered with specific wheels on it and when it arrived at the dealer, the buyer refused to take the car as it did not have the wheels he ordered. The dealer tried to make out like he ordered the incorrect wheels but he had the original preview order that had the option code and description on it as well as a Ford dealer brochure with a picture of the wheels. Dealer was not taking up for his customer and I got involved when the Mustang buyer contacted me (I wasn't even working for Ford or a dealer at this time) and asked what to do. Luckily I had a contact at Ford and went to them and eventually got Ford to send the correct wheels to another Ford dealer and they installed them on the Mustang. After a few months passed, the dealer contacted me and asked if I wanted the wheels since Ford told them to discard the wheels. I went by and got them and later sold them at a auto swap meet.

kevvyd ...stay in touch with your dealer after they install the correct wheels and let us know what happens to those take-off wheels. If you can get them, donate them to me so I can put them on my 2017 DSD Transit!

#44 ·
@kevvyd, your window sticker link expired and I'd love to see it. Can you post a pdf? My special order sticker died on windowsticker.forddirect.com too shortly after I bought it.

#46 ·
Update:

The Dealer/Ford finally made good on delivering the SILVER 644 wheels that were ordered for my Transit about a month ago. (*about 6 months to correct the mis-build)
I was able to keep the BLACK 647 wheels by paying the Dealer/Ford the Core Charge for the mis-build wheels.
So I left the Dealer with my original wheels on the Transit, and the Correct (as ordered) wheels new in boxes loaded in the cargo area.
I had the tires/TPMS swapped at my fave local tire shop along with a balance and rotate. I was sick of dealing with the Dealer and it was just easier to take the product and run. Pay someone else to do the re-mount and balance rather than save the dollars and let the dealer do that labor for free as part of the warranty process.......which I am sure they would have somehow screwed up😂
Plus I got to keep the OEM boxes and packaging
for what are now "spares".
I'm not 100% sure I actually like the Silver better than the Black🤷‍♀️
But now I have the option of changing my mind quick and easy. I'm considering a set of winter tires for the spares, but that may be after I see how poorly or not poorly the Transit handles this winter. If I actually have to/get to drive it on any real slop weather.

One other thing of note.

---There seems to have been some pricing disparities on the 644/647 option wheels.
When I ordered, The 644 Silver was cheaper than the 647 Black.
A bit later, Ford was showing higher cost for the 644 Silver than the 647 Black
Now for '22 it seems to have returned to 647 being the greater cost option. Weird.
IMO---The Black should be the higher cost wheel. The Black 647 seems nicer, more modern/luxe......

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Van Car

#47 ·
Let me know if you decide to sell the 647 Black Aluminum wheels. I have no problem paying for them but think you might make me a deal on them since I was partially helpful in getting the Silver ones for you. I don't need the Clue center caps as I will be using some different ones for those wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.