Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
'21 XLT MR 148 Wagon, Eco, 3:31 LSD, RWD, PSD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So everyone can help with seeing what each wheel should look like, here are the dealers showing Transits with the Silver Aluminum wheel. Maybe someone can go online and see if the dealer has a picture of the Transit with those wheels on it. Some forum members may be close enough to one of the dealers to make a trip and get actual pictures of them on the van.

Silver Aluminum 5 Lug Wheel

Ramsey Ford, Rising Sun, MD
@CrewVanManInfo
I'm in MD, and my wife works near Ramsey Ford. I'll ask her to go look, but after checking their inventories online....I do not think they have a '21 with 644 Silver Alloy Wheels
Might you be able to tell me exactly what type of Transit Ramsey might have with the 644?

·
Registered
2020 148" RWD XLT 350 MR Blue Jeans 14 Passenger EcoBoost.
162 Posts
Does anyone know where we can order those new 2021 wheels online? I wouldn't mind getting a set if the price isn't too bad.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I second that. If you had some means of electronic payment (PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, PopMoney, Chase Pay) I'd definitely drop in a 'thank you' donation for all your help and information. I'm not about to go find my checkbox and a stamp though. LOL

FWIW--there were times when I would have been happy to pay you to consult by phone even though I was not going to be taking delivery from you...:unsure:

Reactions: kevvyd

·
Registered
8 Posts
very nice, I ordered basically the same thing except with extended mirrors and a few other upgrades, still waiting for it to come. Have the same paint and wheels so definitely looking forward to getting it. Congrats and good job on your selection.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Roesch in Bensenville be was a bust. It's not terribly far from me and I was bored today so swung by. Nada. Tons of '21s of all shapes, sizes, and colors, and some other fun stuff sitting around (like half a dozen police Transits scattered about their lot).

So here are two random photos.

Here are the Ford dealers showing the Black Aluminum 5 Lug wheel. If you have a picture of one at the dealership, be sure to place it here on the forum site.

Black Aluminum 5 Lug Wheel

Leon Riley Ford, Benton, KY
Roesch Ford, Bensenville, IL
Johnson Ford, Atmore, AL

·
Registered
2020 148" RWD XLT 350 MR Blue Jeans 14 Passenger EcoBoost.
162 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo , I like the factory black aluminum wheels more than any aftermarkets I have seen. Anyone know the best place to buy own wheels?? I am curious as to how much they cost.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I second that. If you had some means of electronic payment (PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, PopMoney, Chase Pay) I'd definitely drop in a 'thank you' donation for all your help and information. I'm not about to go find my checkbox and a stamp though. LOL
It's called time & money.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Looks like those 4 RWD White passenger vans have the Silver Aluminum wheels.
🤯....somehow I glossed right over that...you're right!
When @SION1771 said he took some "random" picture I think my brain just turned off.
You're the best at this, thanks again Ed!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Wait - I thought I was looking for black aluminum wheels? The way they had several silver wheels all lined up was cool so randomly posted that... what am I missing?

Also, the dealer's website has good photos of some of their vans that have these same silver aluminums.

🤯....somehow I glossed right over that...you're right!
When @SION1771 said he took some "random" picture I think my brain just turned off.
You're the best at this, thanks again Ed!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Exactly! If you want some free money from me, I'm not bending over backwards to write a check (my current book of 40 checks was started 15 years ago - that's how few I write... I send people money electronically at least once or twice a week). And it took you two months to cash my check, so it's clearly a pain on your end too.

Suck it up and get up on technology - I bet you'd sell a lot more books if it wasn't so hard to order one. The worst that could happen is no one sends you money electronically. The best that could happen is the money is automatically dropped in your bank account after someone places a BOB order.

Just trying to help you out - I'm glad to give you guidance in an area I'm knowledgeable in since you spend so much time doing the same for people on this forum in your area of expertise. PM me anytime.

It's called time & money.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Wait - I thought I was looking for black aluminum wheels? The way they had several silver wheels all lined up was cool so randomly posted that... what am I missing?
I can understand where someone's mind might have become lost on this thread.
The short of it is: I wanted 644 Silver, and am pretty sure my '21 came with 647 Black.
Since the 644, 647 wheel is a *New Part for '21 I was not able to know, indisputably, that a Silver 644 does in fact exist as pictured in product literature.
(Disproves the notion that the '21 644 Silver did not make it to production as pictured in the Product Guide and the Manufacturer made a "running change" in the spec or appearance. As is often allowed in the fine print!)

So the random and incorrect picture you snapped on my behalf is invaluable to me(y)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Exactly! If you want some free money from me, I'm not bending over backwards to write a check (my current book of 40 checks was started 15 years ago - that's how few I write... I send people money electronically at least once or twice a week). And it took you two months to cash my check, so it's clearly a pain on your end too.

Suck it up and get up on technology - I bet you'd sell a lot more books if it wasn't so hard to order one. The worst that could happen is no one sends you money electronically. The best that could happen is the money is automatically dropped in your bank account after someone places a BOB order.

Just trying to help you out - I'm glad to give you guidance in an area I'm knowledgeable in since you spend so much time doing the same for people on this forum in your area of expertise. PM me anytime.
Maybe we can set up a GoFundMe on Ed's behalf:unsure:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Bwahaha - ah, gotcha. Glad the 60 mile drive ended up being helpful (though it was nice wandering around a well stocked dealer lot without sales people coming out every minute). They had a few others with the same wheels (NOT on their website, actually) I think in HR, but clearly my memory might not be the best. Roesch Ford in Bensenville.

I can understand where someone's mind might have become lost on this thread.
The short of it is: I wanted 644 Silver, and am pretty sure my '21 came with 647 Black.
Since the 644, 647 wheel is a *New Part for '21 I was not able to know, indisputably, that a Silver 644 does in fact exist as pictured in product literature.
(Disproves the notion that the '21 644 Silver did not make it to production as pictured in the Product Guide and the Manufacturer made a "running change" in the spec or appearance. As is often allowed in the fine print!)

So the random and incorrect picture you snapped on my behalf is invaluable to me(y)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts