·
Registered
'21 XLT MR 148 Wagon, Eco, 3:31 LSD, RWD, PSD
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered: 12/10
Delivered: 2/16 (Baltimore)
Purchased: 2/19

It's nicer than I expected. I'm feeling super fortunate, excited!

(and though he'll profit none from this Transit, I'd like to thank @CrewVanManInfo for his valuable service to this community, and to me.) @PNW_Camper @SirHomerSimpson @Checkswrecks

I know what you guys are thinking....more interior! Standby, I need to relax!

·
Registered
2020 Crew Van AWD, 148WB HR, 3.5 Ecoboost
101 Posts
Nice color choice ;) Those rims look nice too! Congrats on taking delivery, that's a pretty quick turnaround!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice color choice ;) Those rims look nice too! Congrats on taking delivery, that's a pretty quick turnaround!
The rims are option 644, and I like them fine. However, being called "Silver Aluminum Rim", and having looked at the pictures in the Product Guide------I did not expect them to have any Gloss Black Enamel, and I thought they installed wheel option 647 "Black Aluminum Rim" mistakenly. Dealer showed me the real deal option coded build data and it shows they are 644.

And yes, I'm in a state of disbelief with the turn-around time. All you read on FTUSA is horror stories, so I was prepared for that. I feel lucky because my order got messed up, reverted to a previous build spec that was not the FINAL. About a week or 10 days after ordering I went by the dealer, just to satisfy some of my anxiety. I then noticed the mistake on the order. Sales guy told me he could not make a change to my order, too much time had passed. But rather than re-order, he'd call his Ford ZONE Rep. and try to get it sorted. The ZONE rep sure did, and also bumped the order to Priority One. The Build Date posted up quick, and somehow it all came together and got to me in 2 months 8 days. That is great, but what is greater is that I no longer have to live wondering, worrying, and following what is going on with my vehicle! All I can say is right place, right time, and GREAT WORK FORD!!!!!

Only thing that could have been better would have been if I could have gotten Gem Green Mettalic. Jeans Blue Metallic is very Classy though and people are loving it!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You ordered the most popular color on the Transit passenger van and it looks as though you went with the 8 passenger seating from your interior pictures. I have ordered 2 of this particular exterior color and BOTH have sold. I tend to go with the 12 passenger seating since it gives you the advantage to remove ALL of the back seats using the quick release handles to remove the seats. Having the 2 rear 31" seats even though they are a smaller seat gives you a chance to move the one on the left side forward as well as moving the RH side and with a small floor modification you can use it as a rear facing seat on the LH side.

Not sure how I helped kevvyd on his Transit. He may have used my CrewVan 2021 B-O-B Transit Service booklet, sent a PM through the forum or emailed me about a 2021 Transit. As we have seen with his wheel selection, the pictures that Ford has shown on the 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide are sometimes not what comes on the Transit when it is delivered. We are finding that out NOW with the Black Steel AWD Wheel and the center cap that is different from the pictures and description.

·
Registered
2106 148MR Cargo
183 Posts
Very pretty and so high end compared to my ex-rental van. LOL
Let me know if you need help with your build as I'm in Ellicott a couple times a week for the kids & grand daughter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats! Can you confirm whether the ecoboost on transit is still 1st gen or updated to 2nd gen.?
Can you tell me a fast easy way to know that? Something physical under the hood to look for as a "tell"?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You ordered the most popular color on the Transit passenger van and it looks as though you went with the 8 passenger seating from your interior pictures. I have ordered 2 of this particular exterior color and BOTH have sold. I tend to go with the 12 passenger seating since it gives you the advantage to remove ALL of the back seats using the quick release handles to remove the seats. Having the 2 rear 31" seats even though they are a smaller seat gives you a chance to move the one on the left side forward as well as moving the RH side and with a small floor modification you can use it as a rear facing seat on the LH side.

Not sure how I helped kevvyd on his Transit. He may have used my CrewVan 2021 B-O-B Transit Service booklet, sent a PM through the forum or emailed me about a 2021 Transit. As we have seen with his wheel selection, the pictures that Ford has shown on the 2021 Ford Transit Order Guide are sometimes not what comes on the Transit when it is delivered. We are finding that out NOW with the Black Steel AWD Wheel and the center cap that is different from the pictures and description.
I chose 8 passenger. (a standard 12 pass. with a rear 4 seats delete, 96V) This seating arrangement still has all the holes and tracks installed in the VINYL floor. I am fairly certain I will move the 3rd row two person seat forward to the second row (right behind driver) and keep the 3 person bench in storage to be used as needed. I'll leave the single next to the slider most of the time. Basically a 5 person/big cargo area configuration. I also have 2 young boys aged 3,5. They're in child seats for a while still. I haul motorbikes and bicycles routinely, and will sleep in the van. No intent to do any camper build. A cot, windows, and hard walls are plenty luxurious for my family's satisfaction. Lots of big adventures are about to take off from this van for our young family and the Blue Transit will surely become permanently woven into our story.

@CrewVanManInfo whether you remember or not, we spoke a few times when I was in a panic over my "Order Status" or what seemed like a lack thereof. There is a lot of speculation and mis-information surrounding Transit, in particular--ordering one. Any comments you have made in discussions on FTUSA can pretty well be regarded as gospel. The value of your knowledge and integrity cannot be understated. Thank you. FWIW--there were times when I would have been happy to pay you to consult by phone even though I was not going to be taking delivery from you...:unsure:

So far as the difference in aesthetic expectations from the wheel options shown in Product Guide to actual delivered product. I would have liked, and expected more silver as shown in 644. But I'm fine, confirmed the build code..... I still feel like the delivered wheels on my van look like 647. Wonder what the 647 will look like when someone takes delivery on one?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Ford messed up your wheel order and you should have the dealer take a picture of your wheels and the order code and sent it to their Regional Manager for a 'mis-build'. Your dealer can make Ford replace the wheels if they are not what the you wanted and the dealer selected correctly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ford messed up your wheel order and you should have the dealer take a picture of your wheels and the order code and sent it to their Regional Manager for a 'mis-build'. Yout dealer can make Ford replace the wheels if they are not what the you wanted and the dealer selected correctly.
I think you are right and will be pursuing this....
I'd love to see a verifiable photo of '21 Silver Aluminum Wheels (644) to cement our suspicion....

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
So everyone can help with seeing what each wheel should look like, here are the dealers showing Transits with the Silver Aluminum wheel. Maybe someone can go online and see if the dealer has a picture of the Transit with those wheels on it. Some forum members may be close enough to one of the dealers to make a trip and get actual pictures of them on the van.

Silver Aluminum 5 Lug Wheel

Currie Motors, Valparaiso, IN
Smith South Plains, Leveland, TX
Pioneer Ford, Bremen, GA
Ramsey Ford, Rising Sun, MD
Ken Grody Ford, Redlands, CA

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Here are the Ford dealers showing the Black Aluminum 5 Lug wheel. If you have a picture of one at the dealership, be sure to place it here on the forum site.

Black Aluminum 5 Lug Wheel

Leon Riley Ford, Benton, KY
Roesch Ford, Bensenville, IL
Johnson Ford, Atmore, AL

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Silver wheel at Pioneer in Bremen,
None of the "black wheel" dealers listed above had pics.
View attachment 147790
@Brianmcgaha
Very grateful for your participation in this, Thanks for the help! (y)
Is the image above taken by you at a dealer lot of a vehicle with (644) Silver Aluminum Wheel listed on the sticker?

(edit: did my own legwork and it looks to be a dealership photo, but the sticker says Silver Aluminum Wheels----and they look the same as my black and silver "Silver Aluminum Wheels" 😕 hope is fading?)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts