Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled in after work today to do some quick purchase and rig stuff since we'll leave in two weeks for two weeks of stealth camping in FL and I needed to get organized somewhat.
First part went good, but while I was installing the plastic and wire shelves WAY in the back of the parking lot I suddenly heard and felt a large crash and bang.
A lady had smashed her cart into the side right behind the slider!
I was FUMING but saw no visible damage on the salty and dirty panel.

While at the checkout I grabbed a few extra plastic bags to use for garbage and storage and stuff but I got busted! The cashier made me hand them back!

What ended up finally making my day though was when I opened the slider and hopped out to head back in for more stuff.
An expediter in an Econoline was sitting there drooling over the Transit. He saw my bunks and took that as an indication that over-nighting was permitted at this location, and was planning on calling it a night. Had to tell him that I had no knowledge regarding the location, I wasn't "on the road" but also it wasn't one of my regular Walmarts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Let's hope that's the only close call you have for a longboard time! We can expect stuff to happen but let's get some miles behind her first. ��
On a side note, have you gone to Oshkosh much, air show right. Was thinking of going this year. Might be better to answer this in the random post. If so just post your thoughts on it and I'll go from there. Cheers!

·
Registered
89 Posts
….., but while I was installing the plastic and wire shelves WAY in the back of the parking lot I suddenly heard and felt a large crash and bang.
A lady had smashed her cart into the side right behind the slider!
I was FUMING but saw no visible damage on the salty and dirty panel.
I'd be like "WTF!?!" myself

If I go to a mall or big box store, I always park in the away areas. One reason because the arse end will always intrude on the parking space behind me and with no other cars around I can easily leave my spot. When I get back, there is always some vehicle that has parked right beside me.

Like a moth to a flame it seems.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
@Longboard, if in your Florida travels you find yourself needing a secure place to park on the west side of Orlando not far from Disney, let me know. Plenty of room under the Oak trees in my church lot, along with Electric, water, and bathroom access. 0:)

-and a better Walmart nearby!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts