Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Transit Owners! We are kicking around the idea of swapping out our F250 for a T150 for travel across the country. We will be pulling a 3500 lb. trailer and putting two bikes in the back. We were thinking of getting 4x4, 3.5 turbo, Crew van.
We have a couple of questions as we get started on this quest.
I cannot find the data on what the distance is behind the second row seat and the rear cargo door?
Would it be worth installing the 10 way power driver seat?
Does it have a comfortable ride?
I would appreciate hearing any suggestions or recommendations.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The crew van has your towing covered with 5,400-6,900lbs depending on the exact cargo model. 500 ball hitch weight. You should use a towing calculator once you know the model just to check.

For sure get the tow hitch package and brake controller. The factory brake controller is impossible to add after, the wiring harness is not available as a part yet. I think you get get trailer BLIS control with the factory setup.
A weight distribution hitch is officially not recommended. Folks have used it fine from what I read, but it unibody and not full frame so with the overhang might be the reason for that.
The ride is great, take a test drive.
I don't have the power seat. I would have ordered it if I did not get a lot model, but I find the standard seats fine.

I am not an expert on the crewvans, but we do have an expert @CrewVanMan and the 2021 builds. You may want to consider a model above 150 for certain options. The huge takeaway from a lot of these forum questions - you cannot add features later, order the way you want or do without.

Welcome and good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts