Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Thoughts on the Van Der Moon Box?

1924 Views 34 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  BobCollins
I have always imagined that I would build 8020 framed, bamboo-faced overhead cabinets. But I ran across these soft-ish cabinets from Poland and started to rethink that idea. I am seeing a lot of storage pockets inside and out, less head bumping above the bed (although I was thinking about only doing overheads above my feet), and a fast install.

I'd love to hear from folks who have real-world experience with overheads.

The only downside I could imagine would be using the zipper. Maybe not an issue for clothes you only access once in a while? The outside pockets don't seem very deep, even when the snap keepers are undone.

Brown Rectangle Luggage and bags Bag Magenta

Rectangle Textile Bag Trunk Luggage and bags

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
4,875 Posts
Zippers? Ugh. Other than that, look pretty cool. So... not soft (park a Fiat 500 on them), but covered with fabric. Then zippers on the front. And a bunch of pockets. Looks like a really-cool-in-concept deal that might not actually gain much in practice. But - like a tattoo - you'll be pretty obligated to love them once you've spent the money. 😉

We've been using "packing cubes" (pick your brand and details on Amazon or wherever) for everything for years now. Inside a backpack when flying or driving (easy to bring the whole thing); and just set in the overhead cabinets in the van when traveling in the rig. Pull one out, use it, put it back. No rattles, no hassles, and nothing ends up out of place even on rattly dirt (or icy snow, apparently) driving. But the cabinets they're in are simple access with one latch for full access.

Maybe our use case is different, but trying to put our clothing on a nice stack inside the cabinets doesn't appeal - they'd be a big mess as they get used and accessed and rattled down the back-roads.

Unsure if I could put one wheel of a Fiat 500 on our cabinets, tho... 🤔

· Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
4,875 Posts
Dunno anything about these bags, but just wanted to point out that not all corrugated plastic is created equal.
Might be useful if considering using the stuff for whatever.
Corrugated Plastic sheets, panels, pads, rolls, Corrugated plastic sheeting, 2mm 3mm 4mm 6mm 8mm 10mm corrugated plastic sheeting, bins, single face corrugated plastic white clear plastic corrugated sheets
Can confirm that we've purchased the coroplast stuff and Lexan panels from Home Depot. They are not even similar. The Lexan panels are amazingly strong and durable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts