Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Thoughts on the Van Der Moon Box?

1924 Views 34 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  BobCollins
I have always imagined that I would build 8020 framed, bamboo-faced overhead cabinets. But I ran across these soft-ish cabinets from Poland and started to rethink that idea. I am seeing a lot of storage pockets inside and out, less head bumping above the bed (although I was thinking about only doing overheads above my feet), and a fast install.

I'd love to hear from folks who have real-world experience with overheads.

The only downside I could imagine would be using the zipper. Maybe not an issue for clothes you only access once in a while? The outside pockets don't seem very deep, even when the snap keepers are undone.

Brown Rectangle Luggage and bags Bag Magenta

Rectangle Textile Bag Trunk Luggage and bags

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Vendor
Ford Transit
16 Posts
We have a set in the shop now- they seem like a super high-quality product. I like the structure to the Van der Moon too: it puts the system somewhere between permanent hard sided overheads and the removable offerings like Campo and Van Wife Components.

I will say the duffel-style hanging bags are great for the family to pack individually in the house and bring their packed overhead to the van ahead of a trip.

· Vendor
Ford Transit
16 Posts
Great to hear from a pro. The inside shelf looked a little flimsy in the videos, and it almost looked like it was coroplast. Does that seem OK to you? Also, do the pockets seem useful or too shallow?

I would never remove these so the point for me would be ease of install and a little body part protection while moving around in bed. Does this seem to fit the bill based on your experience?
The shelves are a heavy-duty hex-style coroplast, I would guess stiffer than you would expect.

Front pockets are about 2 inches deep, the picture is deceptive- they have velcro on the bottom so that they lie extra-flat against the front.

I think they totally fit the bill for your purposes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts