Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for starting a new thread but could not find one on this topic.... I have had my van for 2 days now. I can not get over how fast this puppy is the minute you hit the gas. My Explorer was fast once it got going but lagged when you hit the gas. I keep throwing my head back against the seat haha. It doesn't mess around...you step on the pedal and it responses right away. I am also still getting use to the big mirrors, so far so good. Haven't hit anything yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Your wagon sounds much like the one I have ordered, other than I have ordered the Medium Roof. How is the sliding door to open and close? I am a bit concerned about my kids' ability to do that on their own. I am looking forward to the new wagon, but will miss the automatic doors on my Honda Odyssey :-(.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the cargo version MR with sliding door. Can be a problem at times when closing. I added handles on the inside to help me pull in the rear portion when I am inside the van. At times when outside, I have to push in the rear portion or slide the door a little harder. I have the EB engine and it really is a screamer. Only had the van a few days but really love it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sorry for starting a new thread but could not find one on this topic.... I have had my van for 2 days now. I can not get over how fast this puppy is the minute you hit the gas. My Explorer was fast once it got going but lagged when you hit the gas. I keep throwing my head back against the seat haha. It doesn't mess around...you step on the pedal and it responses right away. I am also still getting use to the big mirrors, so far so good. Haven't hit anything yet.
Too many times I have heard people say they filled up with gas, or they talk about the gas pedal when they actually have a diesel, so forgive me for asking,
What engine do you have?

·
Registered
185 Posts
AussieMom describes their Transit fully, including EcoBoost.

It's right there under the OP, same spot where you say "Sorry. I don't do likes."

·
Registered
147 Posts
Love the way this van gets up and goes too!!! I was worried about it too, coming from a 6.0 Chevy. Yeah, i have a lead foot and love the surprised look on peoples face when I pull away.:)

I have the cargo version MR with sliding door. Can be a problem at times when closing. I added handles on the inside to help me pull in the rear portion when I am inside the van. At times when outside, I have to push in the rear portion or slide the door a little harder. I have the EB engine and it really is a screamer. Only had the van a few days but really love it.
Like someone else posted before. I am in the habit of opening the passenger door while closing the door from outside. It closes very easily then, however, from inside that doesn't help. I'll also leave the windows open as weather permits while at a job site, the difference is night and day.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The sliding door is a bit harder to close if the doors are all closed. However, not impossible. Very easy when you crack open the passenger door. The back door is the same, needs a little effort but that doesn't bother me.

CTown Transit.....I did that Saturday...a guy was sort of tailing me when I was getting on a 360 degree on ramp to the freeway. As soon as I felt comfortable I floored it and left him in my dust. Was pretty amusing. It really takes off and does not mess around.

I am sad to say I found a tiny little cut in my driver side leather seat and I don't know how it got there. I don't carry ANYTHING in my pockets and it is more towards the front of the seat. I am pretty sure it was not there when we took delivery cause I noticed it right away this morning and am sure I would have seen it before. Just hoping it is not all the way through and is maybe just a scratch. Way to expensive to have it fixed already...it is 4 days old :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Our 7 and 8 year-olds can get it open and closed. The 5 year old can get it to unlatch and sometimes get it open, depending on how level we park it.

If you're parked nose downhill, that door slams hard!

·
Registered
416 Posts
This little traffic stop was almost an impound due to speed

I was driving a little too spirited to deliver a bike to a customer , I was very lucky the officer had a sense of humor or it would have been impounded for a week.

·
Registered
760 Posts
They sell little bottles of leather repair and I advise to do this patch quickly! I've "always" had leather in my vehicles (this van will be first in...wow eons with cloth).

I have used the leather repair since the airlines put a dig in my wheel chair seat and reimbursed me for the repair. Then my first service dog dug a nail into a car seat... etc etc catch it early, glob it underneath the cut and press together/down and voila!

I keep hearing about the great pickup the eco boost has... I will appreciate it since I have driven sports cars or a v8 caddy... with great pickup. (NOTHING like thinking...rut roh there's going to be a problem here... and then punching it and you're no longer in the problem area. :) )

·
Registered
26 Posts

I went PowerStroke Diesel and couldn't be happier!! No matter what i put in it or tow, it doesn't break a sweat!!! Love the fact that the engine speed stays below 3500rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
I went PowerStroke Diesel and couldn't be happier!! No matter what i put in it or tow, it doesn't break a sweat!!! Love the fact that the engine speed stays below 3500rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's because it's a dog above 3100 rpm. I like the engine too though. But the last time it was in the shop I had two different Ecoboost powered vehicles, an F-150 10-speed, and an Expedition 6-speed. Conclusion: That engine would get me in trouble if I had it in my van. And drain my wallet at the pump.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts